FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure how to answer that. our neighborhood is rapidly gentrifying. i live in a 90+ year old restored bungalow. my neighbors have lived in their houses for 20+ years and have lived here through the down turn and now upturn. we are within walking distance of multiple housing projects as well as breweries and cool restaurants. there was a drive by shooting on my street last year that was drug related. there was a legit crack house 2 doors down until recently. the house next door to mine is about to be on HGTV.

so think of any gentrifying area, and the demographics of that area. it is diverse. a mixture of young higher income and lower income residents. maybe within some groups no snitching would be a think, but in general the neighborhood is scared and upset. and we want this person found.

Your description of the neighborhood is prevalent in the Bay Area. I grew up in South St.Pete and it is the same there. Be safe. Look at how people walk. This guy will make a slapping noise with his right foot and his right shoulder may appear higher than the left. It's looks like he may suffer from sacro-iliac torsion like I do. When my hip is rotated I walk exactly like that except with my left foot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

http://wfla.com/2017/11/16/12-more-...large-reward-in-seminole-heights-murder-case/
12 new billboards advertise large reward in Seminole Heights murder case

[FONT=&amp]Published: November 16, 2017, 11:50 am[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
Updated: November 16, 2017, 11:56 am
[/FONT]

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Tampa police wasted no time getting billboards up to spread the word about the large reward in the Seminole Heights murders case.
Overnight, 12 electronic billboards went live.
[...]

Maybe this killer was a serious video “gamer” who has spent thousands of hours playing disturbing, violent games & in his schizoeffective/demented mind, cannot separate reality from simulation?

He has taken his “gamer” obsession to a whole next level?

As far as his walk, run or gait ..... I see nothing other than the rhythmic gait of an athletic young male. This guy could turn on the “gas” and run like a deer in a split second

All moo

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...cles/bn9/2017/11/16/residents_police_wor.html
Seminole Heights murders: 2,800 tips, $100,000 reward
[FONT=&amp]Last Updated: Thursday, November 16, 2017, 5:21 PM EST[/FONT]
There are now 19 billboards in the area asking the public to call Crime Stoppers, a dozen going up Wednesday night.
On Thursday, the reward for information leading to an arrest climbed to $100,000 after a business donation. [...]

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

I'm not sensing a gang vibe from this (but honestly, what the heck do I know?!). I'm not getting a druggie vibe either. I am asking myself what benefit does the perp get from killing. He's not robbing and it doesn't seem like he's getting vengence since the victims seem to be randomly chosen

He's obviously getting some satisfaction out of the killings or he wouldn't keep doing them.

jmopinion, thinking aloud

yes! i have mentioned earlier that i live blocks from the murders. there are always people out and about. bike riding, taking walks, and especially sitting out on their porches. it is why this is so frustrating. how does no one recognize this person? i know, at least by sight, all of my immediate neighbors within about a block or so radius, just from being out and about. someone has to recognize this person.

Stay safe, blindtheskies!

even before the 4th shooting officers have been going door to door. they came by our house. asked who lived there. our schedule. if we had a gun in the house. if we had a security system and cameras. they had a big list of homes that they were checking off. if you weren't home when they came by, they will knock on your door eventually.

after the 4th shooting when they set up the perimeter, they went door to door with the swat team. many many neighbors posted pictures of the officers in their homes taking a look around. i still can't believe they can't find this person.

That must have been surreal...

My other thought has been maybe the killer is riding the bus? There is obviously something that links them (maybe not to the general public but to him). He doesn't seem spooked or scared in the video footage either. He has a mission set in his mind and as far as he is concerned he is completing it, victim by victim.

Heartbreakingly sad, I hope they find this vulgar monster sooner rather than later.

About a wk after the third victom was killed....st pete beach had two shootings...one shattered the back window of a vehicle...driven by uber driver. I think it is kind of close to tampa. why do you ask? A theory?

Visitor in town for wedding shot during 1 of 2 drive-by shootings in Pinellas County
http://wfla.com/2017/10/28/drive-by-shooter-injures-texas-man-walking-near-st-pete-beach-hotel/

"A man from Texas was shot as he was walking on a sidewalk near a St. Pete Beach hotel. Investigators say Kurt Alan Lang, 51, of Dallas, was walking with his cousin on the west side of Gulf Boulevard near the Beachcomber Beach Resort Hotel around midnight Saturday when he heard something that sounded like a firecracker. Lang then grabbed his chest and realized that he had been shot."

Snip

"About an hour later, deputies responded to another call in the area of 6850 Beach Plaza in St. Pete Beach. The caller reported that a white Chevy Impala with four people in it was driving around without headlights on and the driver was partially out the window and may have had a rifle."

"Treasure Island police say they received a 911 call at 11:52 p.m. on Friday about someone throwing an object at an Uber driver in*the 10000 block of Gulf Boulevard.* The female Uber driver was picking up a fare in the area and said someone passing by in a white vehicle threw an object at her vehicle.

At the time of the incident, the victim was parked on the side of Gulf Boulevard and her fare entered the vehicle sitting in the front passenger seat.* Before pulling away, a white sedan with dark window tint was traveling southbound and reportedly threw something at the victim’s vehicle, creating a hole in the rear driver’s side, passenger door window.* The window was shattered, and the projectile went through the tinted window.* The driver and passenger were not injured.

Treasure Island police then learned about the drive-by shooting in St. Pete Beach and conducted a forensic examination that found*the damage to the passenger window was caused by a firearm. Treasure Island police say it appears the St. Pete Beach and Treasure Island incidents may be related.

A resident at the Treasure Island scene had video surveillance and an image of the suspect vehicle was captured. Video footage confirms a white sedan was used in the crime in Treasure Island."

http://wfla.com/2017/10/28/drive-by-shooter-injures-texas-man-walking-near-st-pete-beach-hotel/

My other thought has been maybe the killer is riding the bus? There is obviously something that links them (maybe not to the general public but to him). He doesn't seem spooked or scared in the video footage either. He has a mission set in his mind and as far as he is concerned he is completing it, victim by victim.

Heartbreakingly sad, I hope they find this vulgar monster sooner rather than later.

I thought of that too. Maybe he strikes when he sees the bus coming - and then hops on it calm as can be and rides away while LE rush to the scene.

What shoos me away from that theory is I'm sure the busses have cameras. I know they do in my city.

jmopinion

In my experience, this area does seem to have people walking around, riding bikes, sitting on porches. I believe the suspect has been a member of this community for a while, something changed in him, and he has taken advantage of that freedom to roam the area unsuspectingly to take advantage of the victims.

After reading through everything something horrifying just occurred to me. MOO

Based on the profiler's information, the perp's posture, gait, calmness and stealth... I think this person has served in the Armed Forces. He could still be in service or in the guard or reserve. He is likely to be young, 20-25 like the profiler said; and knows urban warfare tactics to virtually disappear. He is very methodical, with the only anomaly being that he chooses his victims at random based on their perceived weaknesses. He has probably served overseas in Afghanistan or another area and learned the "thrill of the kill" from warfare. That would explain why he can flip his "kill switch" whenever he feels like it. Again, MOO but it fits.

ETA: Also, he wears dark clothing pretty much from head to toe to blend in with the nighttime environment. His jacket reminds me of a winter PT jacket. He could literally be using shrubs or other environmental elements or structures for cover. He is precise and knows how to cover his tracks.

I've got some worries, but don't want to post them as to give anyone any ideas, ykwim, let's just say the threat of escalation is high here, imo.

An obvious thought here is that perhaps this person deteeeeesssssts Law Enforcement.

I said last night he is likely scoping out new grounds. It seems a profiler who commented today thinks the same. This is worrisome.

I said last night he is likely scoping out new grounds. It seems a profiler who commented today thinks the same. This is worrisome.

I agree. If my horrifying theory is right, it's about to get much worse. I am seriously scared for Tampa. I have family and friends all over the Bay Area. I'm terrified something might happen to someone I know.

Unfortunately, I think that the only way this is going to stop is if the authorities are able to catch this person. The longer the killer is out there on the loose, the more confident they are going to become.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member