FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, brutally murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I'd like to hear what AH would say being questioned by LE while he's still flying easy on pain medication, I don't think that would be allowed. For instance, as far as I know, lie detector testing isn't usually done if the person has taken medication for anxiety.

I had shots of Demerol while hospitalized and I'll admit it was a pleasant experience. I would have blabbered all kinds of ridiculous stuff.

Write or do sign language on the drugs he must be getting for his raw, damaged insides? I don't think so. He'd probably enjoy using an etch a sketch while recovering though. :smile:

I dont think you can do etch sketch wihtout a thumb

What's with the huge pic of Nico? Hope you don't have a crush on him. He may be cute, but he's trouble when he crashes through your window. :giggle:

primary cause of hyponatremia in Ecstasy users is drinking enormous amounts of water, which dilutes the salt in the body to a dangerous level.

Taking the street drug Ecstasy could lead to a weakening and rupture of the spinal cord artery that might kill you.

Connection with the Wesson.............................................."thirst"

????

https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_health_water.shtml

What's with the huge pic of Nico? Hope you don't have a crush on him. He may be cute, but he's trouble when he crashes through your window. :giggle:

Way to young! Unlike Austun who got scairer as we found more. This kid really regretfull and I think it true. That pic was sad ny opinion- I wonder if this is the frist time he tried it?

ECSTASY, MDMA, or Molly is called the LOVE DRUG. If AH took ecstasy then something went wrong in the love department, IMO. It might explain the thirst, but it doesn't cause cannibal behavior or any other signs AH exhibited, again JMO.

Ecstasy really does unleash the love hormone
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11530-ecstasy-really-does-unleash-the-love-hormone/

Clubbers who take the “love drug” ecstasy really might be “loved up”. Studies in rats suggest the drug causes a brain surge of oxytocin – the hormone that helps bond couples, as well as mothers to their babies.

Earlier research found increased oxytocin in the blood of people who had taken ecstasy. However, many drugs increase blood oxytocin without raising it in the brain – something thought necessary for any “pro-social” effects.

.......The team gave the rats the equivalent of two to three ecstasy tablets in an adult human and found that the drug activated oxytocin-containing neurons in an area of their brains called the hypothalamus. When they gave the rats a drug that blocked brain receptors for oxytocin, the increased sociability almost disappeared.

...........Why it didn’t disappear entirely isn’t clear. It could be that the dose of the receptor blocker was too low, or that other brain chemicals, such as dopamine, are also involved in triggering the sociable behaviour, McGregor says.

Journal reference: Neuroscience (DOI: 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2007.02.032)

Yes, there's rats in labs taking ecstasy. :lol:

Yes, there's rats in labs taking ecstasy. :lol:

Oh gosh thank you for the laugh! I pictured a bunch of lab rats having a love fest... dancing, smooching and wooing LOL!
:blowkiss:

Back in my party days, I took ecstasy and it does make you thirsty but neither my friends or I EVER tried to cannibalize anyone!!!

Oh gosh thank you for the laugh! I pictured a bunch of lab rats having a love fest... dancing, smooching and wooing LOL!
:blowkiss:

I wonder if the play techno music for them and have strobe lights... Little tiny glow sticks?

Steroids are much like any other drug. You build a level in your system called therapeutic level. You keep that level as long as you take the steroids. Your level becomes way too high if you abuse the drug. Then if you stop taking the med, you're ok usually for several day's, maybe longer, because your medicine level is there and your body depends on that and uses it up. But when that level is gone, then you're in trouble. Your body then begins to have major withdrawal. Although a person will usually have mild withdrawal symptoms as the body has less and less reserve to depend on, they may only have minor effects, such as grumpiness, may get irritated by minor things, but others may think you're just in a bad mood. Then when the levels are gone, anything can happen. Steroids reek havoc when there is abuse and when they are stopped cold turkey.

Good info glf, in fact you basically described exactly how I felt while addicted to prescribed Hydrocodone for many years. Coming down when you are in need of more pills.....and finally kicking them for good was an absolute b@tch - a hell I wouldn't wish on anyone. Never, ever going back to that madness! These days I exercise to exhaustion for pain relief.

Sorry funny, at first I thought I wonder if dad is still working. Then I thought I really dont think I would want to go back to dentist whose son is posting pictures of teeth, fangs, , and CHEWING on neighbors. Ill find another provider!

There is nothing funny about any of this, but I do have the ability to make myself laugh, aloud, at my thoughts half the time I hear them (not that way!)at the same time i think them.

It just goes so quick - my little head.

I do think they will have to move. Not even in a context of neighbors being cruel or something - but I do think it would be hard to meet for lunch --its always there-would you really be able to talk about how your just not satisfied with your maid, (in those settings this can be a large discussion! My step witch and older sister are in that scene -- boring!) while in the back of your mind how can you not have ..............so........many.......questions.............

At some real level, I dont even really know what I would expect dad to say, to help , understand. At some level it is not really understandable. I suppose at some level all we really want is to be able to attribute causeation of such an act, to try and put it in some place where it can be absorbed?

One angle - the sister - that envoroment - pressure to excel etc - my older sister wounds like his sister doing doing and doing and all well. The pressure to "perform" at something are intense in that setting.

I still think he flucked out last semester - I cant imagine someone doing what he was on YT and being in class the next day. I ponder if a letter from the university stating something about performance, being kicked out or whatever came that week.

It would explain the front yard fights, the shooting birds, the party in the back yard -all things as far as we know were not cusutmary for lack of a better word. Spiraling and acting out.

Drinking weed coke whatever, I can imagine a young adult doing while staying with a parent, but I cant imagine "doing" bath salts and coming home in the middle of a trip.

Then again at some level, I have pondered if dad provided steroids - it fits that socieconmic stuff , his son jock big football player etc etc etc. Dad proud etc etc. Fine he wants to bulk up so he can play football -- if that is the case would even give Austin more of a sense they are safe - RX provided, not online all that.

But then I cross the street (!) these are kids focused on body - they know there are dangers with steroids, if dad was getting them for him - can he be in trouble? i am just speculating and certainly we dont know at all if that was the case.

Again the hurrican better not flood out the lab!! I mean it !!
I also think he flunked his last semester of college. He entered college as a sophomore because of the amount of AP classes he took in high school and passed the exams on. I also think that he wasn't planning on returning to school, and that's what the fights were about. He started his odd YouTube's 1-1/2 months before the end of the school year. I wonder if it was at that point he decided to stop the steroids, and kinda just gave up on everything. The dinner was about to weeks before school was to start and possibly the pressure was on. IMO. I was looking at the stats for the high school he went to, and the school is quite impressive for their academics. He had to qualify academically to be accepted into this school. It is a college prep school. The school has about 1,600 students. 44 sports teams and 88 clubs.
He graduated with a 3.35 GPA. In most high schools that GPA would put him in the upper GPA scores, but at this high school it put him in the bottom 20% of graduates. (I can only see the 2016 stats, but I would think the year before wouldn't be much different).
I am speculating, but I would think that many of the students at this school would be more into the academic clubs the school offers. Not so many interested in the sports program. Making it less competitive to be on the football team or wrestling. He didn't seem to be a stand out in football, just part of the team. I wonder how much competition he had on the wrestling team. Each school selects one person for all confernce for the district. Depending on the competition for that school being selected for all conference may or may not be a big thing.
I am not in any way taking trying to take away his achievements. Having a 3.35 GPA is very good to me. Also being on the teams is a positive no matter what the skill level is.
My thought is he was happy in high school, and felt much success. Also I think he had a structured life. Then off to college. He didn't make the football team, and the only wrestling there is at the school is a club/team. He lost his incentives for keeping his grades. He started to take steroids and his life spiraled out of control from there.

Good info glf, in fact you basically described exactly how I felt while addicted to prescribed Hydrocodone for many years. Coming down when you are in need of more pills.....and finally kicking them for good was an absolute b@tch - a hell I wouldn't wish on anyone. Never, ever going back to that madness! These days I exercise to exhaustion for pain relief.
Good for you! My SIL has fought a codeine addiction for years. I learned the hard way there wasn't a safe place for my medicine anywhere except maybe in my bra when she was around! After dealing with her stealing, lies, backstabbing, etc for 33 years, she finally added the last straw to my poor old camel three years ago, and I broke all ties with her! Just get some generic Aleve when you need something for pain and fever!

In relation to CARIIS's post, yes hid dad could get into trouble they AMA for prescribing medication out of his realm of practice. He can legally prescribe steroids for a legitimate dental problem, but to continue to write scripts knowing about the dangers, he could be put on medical probation and the AMA would monitor how much and who to on a monthly basis until the probationary period is over.
I was visiting with a friend last summer, and we were discussing a doc neither of us went to. For years, he was known as the drug doctor. She knows about my injury and asked how my pain med (tyl#4) was prescribed. I told her 120tablets a month. I cannot keep my pain under control without taking three tablets a day, so 120 most usually will last five weeks. She told me of a friend's daughter who had been going to that doc, supposedly for a back injury, and he was giving her 250 Lortab 7.5 a month! That dose is usually written for one tab every six to eight hours, and he was giving her enough to take one every three hours!! I bout fell out of the car. Being an LPN, I knew that was absolutely crazy, unless she was terminally ill and receiving hospice care. Pat told me this girl was in her 30's, and when he was put on probation, he was not a!listed to write any scripts for narcotics. Pat had been told the majority of his pts went through terrible withdrawals. I can't even imagine taking that much pain in one month. That much med on a monthly basis can lead to liver toxicity. For me to take that many pills a month, I would have to count my low dose Elavil, and my calcium and vitamin C also! Lord knows how many people experienced withdrawals under his care?!

Am I the only one that thinks it's strange he drank oil? I mean he went to a house where he could have guzzled water...

As far as drinking whatever in the garage, he was about to eat someone...so I would imagine anything goes at that point, right?

Am I the only one that thinks it's strange he drank oil? I mean he went to a house where he could have guzzled water...

As far as drinking whatever in the garage, he was about to eat someone...so I would imagine anything goes at that point, right?

I've been thinking that he may have been coating his stomach for some odd reason. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's strange, but not completely abnormal. Has calories he needs to have energy for weightlifting. Drinking it out of the bottle is a little drastic, but it kind of fits in with his odd behavior that had been reported over the last week. Most athletes would be drizzling olive oil over their salads and pasta, as it is considered a good fat, or even coconut oil. Vegetable is really not considered the best choice anymore. I don't think he was In the right frame of mind to care at that point.

I also think he flunked his last semester of college. He entered college as a sophomore because of the amount of AP classes he took in high school and passed the exams on. I also think that he wasn't planning on returning to school, and that's what the fights were about. He started his odd YouTube's 1-1/2 months before the end of the school year. I wonder if it was at that point he decided to stop the steroids, and kinda just gave up on everything. The dinner was about to weeks before school was to start and possibly the pressure was on. IMO. I was looking at the stats for the high school he went to, and the school is quite impressive for their academics. He had to qualify academically to be accepted into this school. It is a college prep school. The school has about 1,600 students. 44 sports teams and 88 clubs.
He graduated with a 3.35 GPA. In most high schools that GPA would put him in the upper GPA scores, but at this high school it put him in the bottom 20% of graduates. (I can only see the 2016 stats, but I would think the year before wouldn't be much different).
I am speculating, but I would think that many of the students at this school would be more into the academic clubs the school offers. Not so many interested in the sports program. Making it less competitive to be on the football team or wrestling. He didn't seem to be a stand out in football, just part of the team. I wonder how much competition he had on the wrestling team. Each school selects one person for all confernce for the district. Depending on the competition for that school being selected for all conference may or may not be a big thing.
I am not in any way taking trying to take away his achievements. Having a 3.35 GPA is very good to me. Also being on the teams is a positive no matter what the skill level is.
My thought is he was happy in high school, and felt much success. Also I think he had a structured life. Then off to college. He didn't make the football team, and the only wrestling there is at the school is a club/team. He lost his incentives for keeping his grades. He started to take steroids and his life spiraled out of control from there.

oh really--- I think you have presented a realistic scenario here. The transition between high school and college can be a difficult time for some teenagers, especially males. A GPA of 3.35 at a very competitive high school is not that good anymore (but much better than mine ever was). So, perhaps his parents had been hounding him throughout high school, to be a better student, so he could be accepted at an Ivy League school, where I'm sure some of his classmates ended up. Also, the fact he was just an average high school athlete, probably frustrated him as well. These two issues may have led him to start abusing substances. I am not making excuses for him, in any way, just trying to figure out why all of this transpired.

John Steven's obituary ran in our local paper for almost a week. I hope and pray his children and the Mishcons are able to find some peace, and that justice will be served.

IMHO

oh really--- I think you have presented a realistic scenario here. The transition between high school and college can be a difficult time for some teenagers, especially males. A GPA of 3.35 at a very competitive high school is not that good anymore (but much better than mine ever was). So, perhaps his parents had been hounding him throughout high school, to be a better student, so he could be accepted at an Ivy League school, where I'm sure some of his classmates ended up. Also, the fact he was just an average high school athlete, probably frustrated him as well. These two issues may have led him to start abusing substances. I am not making excuses for him, in any way, just trying to figure out why all of this transpired.

John Steven's obituary ran in our local paper for almost a week. I hope and pray his children and the Mishcons are able to find some peace, and that justice will be served.

IMHO
Could you plz give links to their obits? I haven't seen them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members