FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, brutally murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T

But this is a tough story and it is time for some humor. Mom found this and posted it on hurricane thread but I just had to give you guys a laugh - unreal

[h=1]FEMA issues accidental evacuation of Suffolk County as Tropical Storm Hermine looms[/h]
Omg, I live near Suffolk and was like WTH, when they issued that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Good info glf, in fact you basically described exactly how I felt while addicted to prescribed Hydrocodone for many years. Coming down when you are in need of more pills.....and finally kicking them for good was an absolute b@tch - a hell I wouldn't wish on anyone. Never, ever going back to that madness! These days I exercise to exhaustion for pain relief.

OMG, I am always so happy to hear that someone beat the addictive drug Hydrocodone. I seen it almost ruin a family member, only prescribed for pain from surgery. So sad, still see this person from time to time taking the drug and it just breaks my heart :( It truly is a living hell!!!

(((Hugs for you Blondie))) so glad you beat that demon!

Thanks ~

This is the problem with these teens. Jmo.

Because if you don't like the rules or arguments. Then simply get your own and stop acting like the nest is yours after a certain age. Jmo

So if you don't like the rules. Then make a plan and get out.

Especially since the rules in prison are much more than what your parents wanted from you. Jmo

I'm just surprised that these smart and good looking teens that are a certain age don't know how to establish their own mark in life

This is the problem with these teens. Jmo.

Because if you don't like the rules or arguments. Then simply get your own and stop acting like the nest is yours after a certain age. Jmo

So if you don't like the rules. Then make a plan and get out.

Especially since the rules in prison are much more than what your parents wanted from you. Jmo

I'm just surprised that these smart and good looking teens that are a certain age don't know how to establish their own mark in life

I think of parenting as big people helping little people become big people. I don't want to brag like I'm the greatest parent ever (far from it!) but I've seen my daughter's friends start college and practically go into shock after a month of having to be responsible for everything. Some even lived at home but still had a hard time adjusting. There's so much to being a parent I think it's easy to focus on the now with only vague references to "Just wait til you're on your own."

Make a plan and get out - I'm with you there - but maybe they don't know how to make a plan or maybe the tradeoff is worth it to them.

I don't know about this kid. I have no clue. Even the poll was just a guess.

Yeah, parents aren't supposed to spank their kids, or ground them, or expect them to make good grades, or do any chores...They should get an allowance because the parents are so privileged to have them, blah, blah, blah, blah. When my nephew was in fourth grade, his teacher asked him what he was going to do when he graduated from high school, and he told her he was going to sit on his mom's couch and watch TV. Before he was 30 he was in the state pen with a life sentence.

I also think he flunked his last semester of college. He entered college as a sophomore because of the amount of AP classes he took in high school and passed the exams on. I also think that he wasn't planning on returning to school, and that's what the fights were about. He started his odd YouTube's 1-1/2 months before the end of the school year. I wonder if it was at that point he decided to stop the steroids, and kinda just gave up on everything. The dinner was about to weeks before school was to start and possibly the pressure was on. IMO. I was looking at the stats for the high school he went to, and the school is quite impressive for their academics. He had to qualify academically to be accepted into this school. It is a college prep school. The school has about 1,600 students. 44 sports teams and 88 clubs.
He graduated with a 3.35 GPA. In most high schools that GPA would put him in the upper GPA scores, but at this high school it put him in the bottom 20% of graduates. (I can only see the 2016 stats, but I would think the year before wouldn't be much different).
I am speculating, but I would think that many of the students at this school would be more into the academic clubs the school offers. Not so many interested in the sports program. Making it less competitive to be on the football team or wrestling. He didn't seem to be a stand out in football, just part of the team. I wonder how much competition he had on the wrestling team. Each school selects one person for all confernce for the district. Depending on the competition for that school being selected for all conference may or may not be a big thing.
I am not in any way taking trying to take away his achievements. Having a 3.35 GPA is very good to me. Also being on the teams is a positive no matter what the skill level is.
My thought is he was happy in high school, and felt much success. Also I think he had a structured life. Then off to college. He didn't make the football team, and the only wrestling there is at the school is a club/team. He lost his incentives for keeping his grades. He started to take steroids and his life spiraled out of control from there.

TY! Captured what I was trying to say in a much clearer manner. It was a huge story when it broke, I have a harder and harder time, with a lot of the stories we do with one another how the media misses so much.

If our speculation is correct one would think it would have come out. You reframed it for me -maybe there is nothing formal about it - he just recently let dad know he has no desire , and will not go back?

Dad would go nuts- after your post, it made me wonder if mom did not even know yet?
I am not being judegmental, there is a genetic component to being " bright". She sounds very concrete to me, maybe her being clueless is authentic.

Any more thoughts on IF it could end up where we never know tox results? Sheriff made it sound like they would but I think this was all before lawyers apparently clamped down.........

There has been so much media involved in this case almost since the minute it happened, I'm sure it will come out. If not from the police, somebody will find a way to find out the truth and run with it to their editor before anybody else knows the word is out. Then it will be in every newspaper and rag in the country!

Am I the only one that thinks it's strange he drank oil? I mean he went to a house where he could have guzzled water...

As far as drinking whatever in the garage, he was about to eat someone...so I would imagine anything goes at that point, right?

I have enjoyed a "Gone WIth The WInd" type of love affair with french fries!!

The thought of drinking Wesson is disgusting!! I think it was related to the delusion, whatever that was.

In the Duffies video he looked scrawny and ill. One would think at least at that level a medical person would be concerned about weight loss. If we never had any of the YT videos - we would , from that video describe him as a skinny kid.

About 35 years ago I had Hep B. Bad, like down for 9 months. That was the first thing the step witch saw in a instant - it was kinda like a restrained gasp!

That is just something one notices without having to be some invested parent. The hep was an awful illiness. Most basic stuff , (cold, cut on the finger etc) have a comprhendable path. Hurts more in the beginning but gradually eases .

The Hep was the pitts, cause I would have some days where it felt like "it was going away" and then wake up feeling as aweful as I did in the beginning. It was endless - really becomes very depressing cause you really start to feel as if it would never end - no way to gage progress. Awful experience

Digress - someone ought to have been able to see his weight loss.

Yeah, parents aren't supposed to spank their kids, or ground them, or expect them to make good grades, or do any chores...They should get an allowance because the parents are so privileged to have them, blah, blah, blah, blah. When my nephew was in fourth grade, his teacher asked him what he was going to do when he graduated from high school, and he told her he was going to sit on his mom's couch and watch TV. Before he was 30 he was in the state pen with a life sentence.

Hi glf :)

That is exactly where society's problems begin, is at home!!!! If a parent cannot control, raise their children right from wrong, that becomes a major issue in this world today. Allowances should be earned by helping/doing chores around the house.

I have a nephew that turned 18, he has a job, and is showing some responsibility, however, it doesn't mean I don't worry about him, even though he was raised in a good family and life style.

In my eyes, and I personally do not know AH, he was a spoiled child, that had to prove something, too many insecurities.

Thanks

jmo :moo:

oh really--- I think you have presented a realistic scenario here. The transition between high school and college can be a difficult time for some teenagers, especially males. A GPA of 3.35 at a very competitive high school is not that good anymore (but much better than mine ever was). So, perhaps his parents had been hounding him throughout high school, to be a better student, so he could be accepted at an Ivy League school, where I'm sure some of his classmates ended up. Also, the fact he was just an average high school athlete, probably frustrated him as well. These two issues may have led him to start abusing substances. I am not making excuses for him, in any way, just trying to figure out why all of this transpired.

John Steven's obituary ran in our local paper for almost a week. I hope and pray his children and the Mishcons are able to find some peace, and that justice will be served.

IMHO

That is interesting to learn that his athletic prowess was not as good as I had beleived. i was sent to private college prep high school for 11 -12 grade.

Got to remember there is a quiet "need" for teaching staff in those settings for students to have good grades - the parents are paying a lot of money.

Not saying overtly so - but there is a motivation (enrollment).

Omg, I live near Suffolk and was like WTH, when they issued that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hi Ninj

Did you like "know" that cant be right? It is so stunning to me. Were neighbors like what are they talking about?

I am not listening to this nonsense --etc or was it like some people started to follow it?? Did anyone do it?

Did local media make a huge effort to "undo" it?

I think of parenting as big people helping little people become big people. I don't want to brag like I'm the greatest parent ever (far from it!) but I've seen my daughter's friends start college and practically go into shock after a month of having to be responsible for everything. Some even lived at home but still had a hard time adjusting. There's so much to being a parent I think it's easy to focus on the now with only vague references to "Just wait til you're on your own."

Make a plan and get out - I'm with you there - but maybe they don't know how to make a plan or maybe the tradeoff is worth it to them.

Lol. Agree.

I lived with my grandmother.

But once my moms moved back in and tried to enforce her own beliefs.

I simply at the age of 18 said. Lol.

Love ya. But I Have To do me and get my own. Lol.

But I will visit and stay in touch. Lol

I agree with you--the best parents try to raise their kids to be independent, productive members of society.

I had not heard this ?

Wade told PEOPLE his son didn't do steroids, saying, "He always took pride in not being on steroids."

Have you heard this before?

http://www.people.com/article/fsu-student-allegedly-tried-eat-mans-face-austin-harrouff-5-things-know

close friends revealed, "...he started hearing voices in his head a week before it happened and wasn't able to sleep."

http://www.wpbf.com/article/gym-buddy-says-harrouff-never-liked-doing-drugs/1871147

Dad wants to try to convince the entire country the whole family is a bunch of goody two shoes! HELLO! He's been arrested for drunk driving twice, IIRC. Sorry, but that alone isn't gonna buy him any brownie points in my book! I think it's about time for him to grow up and get a life. I absolutely do not like to watch doc Phil. But I do plan to watch it on the 7th, just to see what this birdbrain is going to say. I have a feeling by the time he gets his head out of the clouds, Austin will probably be condemned to a long term care facility for people with emotional problems in a lock down facility!
Then what's dad going to say??

Other guy

Gallo took two tablets of LSD and methylone, a hallucinogenic form of bath salt.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/crime-law/report-new-details-emerge-in-drug-fueled-martin-co/nsPss/

Does anyone know if /when it goes to trial what determines if trial is aired live? Batman was recorded? Others were not. i never understood when a judge says no - the perp is arrested , charged, and jury selected already.

i have never belived, especially in internet days (even before) that jurors not watch or read about anything in the case they are serving on. I think it would be kinda impossible. Unrealistic expectation moo

PS : I think it would be kinda impossible, if that is what actually happened (not returning to FSU) for any reason, frat peers would be aware of that. I think if they were real friends their would be some dialog about upcoming semester- unless he was embarassed and told noone

maybe he stopped going to classes- hard to go to class if your hearing voices.

Does anyone know if /when it goes to trial what determines if trial is aired live? Batman was recorded? Others were not. i never understood when a judge says no - the perp is arrested , charged, and jury selected already.

i have never belived, especially in internet days (even before) that jurors not watch or read about anything in the case they are serving on. I think it would be kinda impossible. Unrealistic expectation moo

PS : I think it would be kinda impossible, if that is what actually happened (not returning to FSU) for any reason, frat peers would be aware of that. I think if they were real friends their would be some dialog about upcoming semester- unless he was embarassed and told noone

maybe he stopped going to classes- hard to go to class if your hearing voices.
I have always been curious of finding clueless jurors, especially in a small town or a case like this that has been talked about pretty much nationwide. I certainly couldn't serve. Too much speculation and not too much concrete info would already have influenced me too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member