FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
first time posting on MP missing thread. I have read/skimmed through all the posts.

I haven't seen any mention of this possibility. A random abduction and her taken into those condos where the hummer was found. Could she be being held against her will (obviously) It seems there have been many cases where women are being held by some creeper that has stalked them for whatever reason.

With the timeline given it just seems more likely to me. IDK just thinking out loud.

:confused: is how I feel right now.

I thought I would share this link if anyone wants to laugh (and doesn't mind a few curse words). It is short. Making fun of the Siri feature on the I-Phone 4. Siri is a feature that you use (like if you want a flowershop) and you ask your I-Phone 4 and it tells you...like googles it or finds the phone number.

It is a "Spoof" commercial. But after today and the last few days of digging through information and having very little confirmation on the facts...I figured someone else other than me might need a laugh...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKAodKMRcRk

It is the I Phone itself that is the star of this...evening though the people are entertaining. Enjoy...if you need a laugh.

I'm not sure how waterproof the phone case was but I can tell you my phone ended up in salt water and remained powered on for some time, perhaps Michelle's phone wasn't shut off manually and took some time to shut down in the water?

Just an observance since I read a comment or 2 on the last thread about how thrilled they must've been that they got MP's phone to power on.....

I can assure you that they never attempted to power-on MP's phone. After doing whatever forensics testing they could do from the outside of the phone, they opened it up, removed the innards, made sure they were completely dry, and hooked the memory up to an external reader to gather whatever data they could.

Flash memory (usb-thumb-jump drives, some hard drives, and memory used in phones) is extremely non-volatile. While the water might kill the internal electronics of the phone, the memory can remain intact for a long time. But trying to boot the electronics while wet can completely fry this memory.

If you ever get your phone/mp3 player/other small electronic device wet, I suggest you immediately remove the battery (if possible), remove any visible water from behind the screen (try to pry open a hole to leak it out with a tiny screwdriver), and stick it into a zip-lock bag with a cup of rice and don't touch it for 48 hours. After 48 hours, if you don't see any signs of moisture try to power it on. Then immediately back up any contacts, photos, etc that you want to keep. Because just because you got it to work doesn't mean it's going to last.

I've successfully revived a couple of iPods that went through the washing machine and a BlackBerry that was submerged in a river for several hours using the rice trick. None of the devices lasted for more than 3 months after their respective incidents (rust most likely the culprit) but it was always a relief to see them come to life again. I've bought a couple bags of Dry-All in anticipation for the next water disaster but I have no idea if it is better than rice or not!.

I did not know that about powering on a waterlogged phone-thanks for that insight into how LE likely is handling the iphone!

But I can vouch for the rice method! I got my phone wet at our pool this summer and my husband told me to do that. I thought he'd lost his mind, but since I had nothing to lose, tried it. It worked!

I really hope they can recover something useful.......

first time posting on MP missing thread. I have read/skimmed through all the posts.

I haven't seen any mention of this possibility. A random abduction and her taken into those condos where the hummer was found. Could she be being held against her will (obviously) It seems there have been many cases where women are being held by some creeper that has stalked them for whatever reason.

With the timeline given it just seems more likely to me. IDK just thinking out loud.

Welcome Danilee. Anything is possible until we know otherwise. I personally feel that something was found at DS's condo when they searched the night Michelle was reported missing that indicated his involvement or else I can't understand why else Dale Sr's place was then raided the next day. If someone can explain, I'd appreciate it.

:confused: is how I feel right now.

I thought I would share this link if anyone wants to laugh (and doesn't mind a few curse words). It is short. Making fun of the Siri feature on the I-Phone 4. Siri is a feature that you use (like if you want a flowershop) and you ask your I-Phone 4 and it tells you...like googles it or finds the phone number.

It is a "Spoof" commercial. But after today and the last few days of digging through information and having very little confirmation on the facts...I figured someone else other than me might need a laugh...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKAodKMRcRk

It is the I Phone itself that is the star of this...evening though the people are entertaining. Enjoy...if you need a laugh.

OMG by the end I was crying. Thanks I needed that. :floorlaugh:

Welcome Danilee. Anything is possible until we know otherwise. I personally feel that something was found at DS's condo when they searched the night Michelle was reported missing that indicated his involvement or else I can't understand why else Dale Sr's place was then raided the next day. If someone can explain, I'd appreciate it.

Very good point! Another problem with DS is refusing a polygraph, thats never a good sign:(

IMO, why does this even matter? Neither Lauren or the 11 year old is under suspicion, obviously. So, while it would be nice from a web sleuther's point of view to be able to nail down the timeline, I just don't see this as a critical detail. Maybe he DID call his mom and we just didn't hear about it. Or maybe he DIDN'T call her for whatever reasons an 11 year old might have. At any rate, I don't see how it's really relevant to his mother's disappearance. Maybe I'm missing something?

I think it matters because it narrows the timeline enough to show whether she ever drove away from her ex's condo or not. He says she arrived at 4 pm.
But the timestamp on the surveillance camera says 3:18 pm. So IF her son did call her at 3:30 or 3:45, it is quite surprising that she did not pick up. Most moms always pick up the phone for a child that is home alone. It is automatic.

So that tells me that she was already indisposed, imo.

Oh and :welcome: :fireworks:

Very good point! Another problem with DS is refusing a polygraph, thats never a good sign:(

True. Is a polygraphs questions given to the person in advance? I'm just thinking that DS might have refused on the basis of fearing questions indirectly related to Michelle could divulge info about other things he didn't want authorities to know about. He could also view it as unreliable test. Acted on advice from his attorney. Or he could be involved in Michelles disappearance. Too many possibilities at this stage!

It's frustrating! Maybe tomorrow. Please God keep those babies safe. I am so worried about them!

Please try not to worry. They are DS's babies too, surely he wouldn't hurt them no matter what. Besides, Police deal with these kinds of situations everyday, are aware of how to handle things to ensure minimum risk, children don't often end up as victims as a result.

LE named DS as a suspect, the only suspect I believe they said? They would not say that without a reason, i.e. if they believed some random carjacker came along at 3:30 (approx) in the afternoon, took Michelle, ditched her phone, left her body someplace or took her with them in...what, another vehicle? And left hers elsewhere? I don't know...I just tend to trust LE, who usually are very loathe to name anyone even so much as a POI...they must have a reason. JMO

LE named DS as a suspect, the only suspect I believe they said? They would not say that without a reason, i.e. if they believed some random carjacker came along at 3:30 (approx) in the afternoon, took Michelle, ditched her phone, left her body someplace or took her with them in...what, another vehicle? And left hers elsewhere? I don't know...I just tend to trust LE, who usually are very loathe to name anyone even so much as a POI...they must have a reason. JMO

This IS NOT directed toward you because I have said this before, but I think that it is extremely dumb for LE to go on national TV and name a suspect. What the heck were they thinking????? How in God's name did that EVER help the investigation???? Now after searching one home, raiding another with a swat team and tank, multiple subpoenas and finding a phone they still have not arrested anyone. With all of this is there one shred of proof that Dale had anything to do with Michelle's disappearance? Not saying he didn't, but would really like to know. Maybe I have missed something in all these posts? I know a lot of people here keep saying don't worry they must have all kinds of evidence that they are not telling us about. One drop of blood, just one in Dale's home or his parents or anything half way damaging towards Dale would be enuff to arrest him.

Came out of lurking....I'm trying to google if Hummers have automatic door locks once one leaves vehicle? I cannot locate an answer. However, they have automatic door locks once the car is placed into gear. This is where my thoughts are going.....Did someone have the opportunity to get into MP's car while she was inside DS's condo dropping off the kids? If so, such a person could hide in back seat until out of complex, and possibly get her to comply to orders by threatenig with a gun. Also, the note on the Hummer had DS's name on it, so would he have had a key?

Just an observance since I read a comment or 2 on the last thread about how thrilled they must've been that they got MP's phone to power on.....

I can assure you that they never attempted to power-on MP's phone. After doing whatever forensics testing they could do from the outside of the phone, they opened it up, removed the innards, made sure they were completely dry, and hooked the memory up to an external reader to gather whatever data they could.

Flash memory (usb-thumb-jump drives, some hard drives, and memory used in phones) is extremely non-volatile. While the water might kill the internal electronics of the phone, the memory can remain intact for a long time. But trying to boot the electronics while wet can completely fry this memory.

If you ever get your phone/mp3 player/other small electronic device wet, I suggest you immediately remove the battery (if possible), remove any visible water from behind the screen (try to pry open a hole to leak it out with a tiny screwdriver), and stick it into a zip-lock bag with a cup of rice and don't touch it for 48 hours. After 48 hours, if you don't see any signs of moisture try to power it on. Then immediately back up any contacts, photos, etc that you want to keep. Because just because you got it to work doesn't mean it's going to last.

I've successfully revived a couple of iPods that went through the washing machine and a BlackBerry that was submerged in a river for several hours using the rice trick. None of the devices lasted for more than 3 months after their respective incidents (rust most likely the culprit) but it was always a relief to see them come to life again. I've bought a couple bags of Dry-All in anticipation for the next water disaster but I have no idea if it is better than rice or not!.

I've worked for the phone company since 1969 and have always had luck using blow dryers...it takes awhile to make sure completely dry..but I get them back. (thinking cell and cordless phones) ^i^

Came out of lurking....I'm trying to google if Hummers have automatic door locks once one leaves vehicle? I cannot locate an answer. However, they have automatic door locks once the car is placed into gear. This is where my thoughts are going.....Did someone have the opportunity to get into MP's car while she was inside DS's condo dropping off the kids? If so, such a person could hide in back seat until out of complex, and possibly get her to comply to orders by threatenig with a gun. Also, the note on the Hummer had DS's name on it, so would he have had a key?

My friend has one pretty sure they don't.

Actually a "drop of blood, just one" in either Dale's condo or his parents home would not be enough to arrest him. There are any number of innocent reasons why there could be a drop of blood from Michelle in either place.

We do not know at this time what evidence LE has in this case. LE is not under any obligation to tell us (the public) during the middle of their investigation. They named Dale Jr as the only suspect in Michelle's disappearance. They have a reason for doing so even though we are not privy to that reason. When an arrest is made the clock starts counting as to when they have to move forward with taking the person to trial. LE and the DA will not follow through with an arrest until they feel they have enough evidence to proceed with a trial before the deadline approachs. They know what they are doing as this is not their first time at a missing person/possible homicide investigation.

There are any number of reasons why a person would be publically named as the prime suspect. Some of those reasons include putting pressure on the person so that they make a mistake, encouraging someone that knows something to come forward with information and letting the public know that LE is actively investigating the case. I feel sure that LE has done a profile of Dale Jr by now and have decided what tools they can use against a person like him. If that profile shows them that Dale Jr is more likely to loose his cool and make a mistake if named the only suspect, then that is what LE will do.

MOO

Actually a "drop of blood, just one" in either Dale's condo or his parents home would not be enough to arrest him. There are any number of innocent reasons why there could be a drop of blood from Michelle in either place.

We do not know at this time what evidence LE has in this case. LE is not under any obligation to tell us (the public) during the middle of their investigation. They named Dale Jr as the only suspect in Michelle's disappearance. They have a reason for doing so even though we are not privy to that reason. When an arrest is made the clock starts counting as to when they have to move forward with taking the person to trial. LE and the DA will not follow through with an arrest until they feel they have enough evidence to proceed with a trial before the deadline approachs. They know what they are doing as this is not their first time at a missing person/possible homicide investigation.

There are any number of reasons why a person would be publically named as the prime suspect. Some of those reasons include putting pressure on the person so that they make a mistake, encouraging someone that knows something to come forward with information and letting the public know that LE is actively investigating the case. I feel sure that LE has done a profile of Dale Jr by now and have decided what tools they can use against a person like him. If that profile shows them that Dale Jr is more likely to loose his cool and make a mistake if named the only suspect, then that is what LE will do.

MOO

They came out from almost day one and stated we have our man. Now almost a month in nothing. IF you want to make someone slip then in my mind don't let them know you are watching them!! After naming him the one and only prime suspect why do that and then wait for him to make a mistake! That to me would show they have nothing. OK we have nothing so let's name him PS and hope he slips or we have some stuff, but not enuff so let's name him PS and hope he gives us more now that he knows we suspect him. Sorry, but none of it makes sense to me. But like you said, they know what they are doing so guess we gotta wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member