FL FL - Monica Libao, may have been abducted as infant, 1963-64

The thing is, if her father was in the military, he would have been moved all over the place. And he would have taken his wife and child/children along with him. So that would explain the moving. As for the fights she overheard, I just don't know about that....
Her father was in the military??:confused:

He was in the military but he was retired military when she was supposedly, "born to the couple". So sorry bout that. I found this on a website post,

"Monica's story begins in Chicago, in the spring of 1964. She was born on May 15th, 1964 to 58-year old retired military man, Pablo Libao, and his wife, 41-year old Clide McCall Libao. "

Although some military people have been known to get used to and even enjoy the constant moving around, and I guess he could have been one of those.

Definitly get a DNA test. She could find out if she was either, A. Their real child or B. Related to them at all. If she took a test and found that she was their daughter, well mystery solved, although she would probably never know what they were talking about telling her and why they moved so much. If she was related, well, now she knows to talk to supposed sisters, brothers, (who may have gotten a young girlfriend pregnant), aunts, uncles, etc. And if not at all, she knows she was either adopted, (Legally or illegally), or stolen from someone else.

Just had a thought. Anyone here a fan of unsolved mysteries? I would never miss an episode. Okay. I remember a very odd story. And I just looked it up to see if it could possibly coincide somewhat to this case. In 1962, a woman went to the hospital in severe labor pains. She had just divorced her husband, and was looking towards raising a baby all alone. She had the baby, who cried and moved about, and asked if she could hold it. She was pretty drugged for pain, but remembers distinctly seeing the baby moving and hearing her crying. It was a girl. The doctors told her they needed to usher the baby out to clean her up and they would bring her back. The next thing she knows, the doctors come in and tell her the baby had died.

She asked to see the baby, and they refused. She asked over and over and over and finally a nurse bought in a box and opened it for a few seconds, than closed it. The woman was unsure as to whether the baby was hers. Anyway, her mother came in and told her she would take care of all the funeral arrangements. When funeral time came, she and her mother stood there, and another family showed up. They stood a small ways away, not near any of the other stones, and watched. The mother and father had a small infant in their arms. The casket was placed into the ground.

Now here's the kicker. The woman went there to visit the baby and found that there was no gravestone, although her mother said she had purchased one. Assuming there was a mistake, she talked to the people who owned the cemetary. They told her no baby was buried there. She got a court to agree to open up the supposed grave. When they did, there was a casket, no body at all.

Than she recieved a strange photo in the mail. No return addresses, no letter, just a photo stuffed into an envelope. It showed a couple with a little child. She said the child looked exactly like her husband, but did not look like the parents in the photo.

This may be a long shot, but it's a thought. Year is right. Not sure where it was, will look it up tomorrow, if you all think it is worth doing so. btw- Any idea as to how to contact this woman if we find anything?

Yup, I remember that case Laura very clearly. She said there was never a marker for the grave and where she thought she buried her child, that other family was there crying. Could be just coincidence but I think that case was talking about that woman who sold children / babies in the 50's & 60's. Cannot remember the woman's name. I believe as well she was ultimately convicted?

Georgia Tann was the woman's name who kidnapped and sold children. From the Tennesee Childrens Society or something like that.

Georgia Tann was no longer operating after 1950. In fact she died in the very early 50's. There were plenty of other stealers and dealers though at the time.

first off i want to say that i am in NO way discounting the OPs story. but i have a question as an adopted person to any others out there that are adopted. i was adopted in 1959 and it was a private adoption thru a lawyer. i know as an adult chances are everything was totally legal and above board. but off an on thru my youth i often wondered if i was a child that was kidnapped and had dreams of finding my birth family. yes i would like to find my birth family but as i said i doubt i was kidnapped. but my question is this. as a person adopted does/did anyone else have this thought or idea or dream what ever you want to call it?

first off i want to say that i am in NO way discounting the OPs story. but i have a question as an adopted person to any others out there that are adopted. i was adopted in 1959 and it was a private adoption thru a lawyer. i know as an adult chances are everything was totally legal and above board. but off an on thru my youth i often wondered if i was a child that was kidnapped and had dreams of finding my birth family. yes i would like to find my birth family but as i said i doubt i was kidnapped. but my question is this. as a person adopted does/did anyone else have this thought or idea or dream what ever you want to call it?

Of course. I think all adoptees think that. Speaking for myself, and, this is my opinion only (I was also adopted in 1959 ;o) ) I think the reason is we all would like to think that our biological mother had no choice in giving us up for adoption - ie being kidnapped would have taken it out of her hands entirely. JMHO, YMMV.

A lot of birth mothers didn't have a choice about keeping their babies. Many years ago it was a horrible thing for a woman to be unwed and pregnant. It also depends on how old the mother was If she was young her parents could have forced her into putting her baby up for adoption. I have yet to hear of a woman who was happy she gave her baby away. I am sure there is a few but very few. I have done adoption searches for years. If anything the birth mothers have suffered since they had to give their child away.

Most of the homes for unwed mothers were run by nuns. I have read stories about the pregnant girls writing lists of what they could give their children, and what a couple who wanted to adopt could give their child.

Many of these girls admitted, years later, the only thing in their column was

LOVE

And on the other side was

STABILITY FATHER PROPER MEDICAL CARE FOOD CLOTHING A HOME MONEY
GOOD SCHOOLS And the list went on forever.

Some young girls admitted years later that the doctors who came in to care for them taught them a lesson, as the doctor would put it, and hurt them, sexually abuse them, cut them down there, etc.

The girls were taught that they were bad for what they did, the guys who got them pregnant went on with their lives, even if the girl told her parents who had done it to them. The boys would just promise never to do that again until they were married, and weren't held accountable at all for their actions.

Girls in the unwed homes would stay there, give birth, and than their child would go straight from being born to the parents waiting for them. One girl said that her parents talked to the nuns and didn't want to pay any money for their daughter's mistake, and she was forced to work with the small babies and children who were potentially ill, and were waiting for a time period before being adopted, to ensure couples got healthy babies. She said her baby was in the group and it made it a lot harder to let her child go after spending six months with him.

It was a terrible time for these girls, and it was a nightmare these girls had to live through.

Most of the homes for unwed mothers were run by nuns. I have read stories about the pregnant girls writing lists of what they could give their children, and what a couple who wanted to adopt could give their child.

Many of these girls admitted, years later, the only thing in their column was

LOVE

And on the other side was

STABILITY FATHER PROPER MEDICAL CARE FOOD CLOTHING A HOME MONEY
GOOD SCHOOLS And the list went on forever.

Some young girls admitted years later that the doctors who came in to care for them taught them a lesson, as the doctor would put it, and hurt them, sexually abuse them, cut them down there, etc.

The girls were taught that they were bad for what they did, the guys who got them pregnant went on with their lives, even if the girl told her parents who had done it to them. The boys would just promise never to do that again until they were married, and weren't held accountable at all for their actions.

Girls in the unwed homes would stay there, give birth, and than their child would go straight from being born to the parents waiting for them. One girl said that her parents talked to the nuns and didn't want to pay any money for their daughter's mistake, and she was forced to work with the small babies and children who were potentially ill, and were waiting for a time period before being adopted, to ensure couples got healthy babies. She said her baby was in the group and it made it a lot harder to let her child go after spending six months with him.

It was a terrible time for these girls, and it was a nightmare these girls had to live through.

Where did you get this information? I do adoption searches for a living Most of them are from 50-60 years ago I have never ever heard of anything like this. Where and when did this happen?

This sort of stuff happened in the US as well to varying degrees of severity. Some of the above-mentioned things happened in my own family.

Small town in AZ......the circumstances are still murkey as it's extended family. It was definitely an ugly situation though...with a lot of guilt, shame, and ill treatment of doctors.

Actually, some of those stories on that board are from right here in the good ol' USA.

anyone know how to contact this woman? i'd like an update on her life, what's going on and if she got anything resolved in the DNA aspects.

Look up this site

http://www.exiledmothers.com/babies_taken_for_adoption/

Click on disembabyment and re
ad some of the stories on the side

On this site are some women's stories, stories of them being forced to give up babies to adoption through unwed mother's homes. Horrid stuff.

Very interesting website, LB. There was a link on it to Parent Magazine about falling in love with your babies, that was excellent! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back