FL FL - Monica Libao, may have been abducted as infant, 1963-64

I have heard about couples that kidnap children and their typical pattern is to move a lot, also what concerns me is how angry her mother became when she asked questions...she didn't become emotional as in "what if you find your birth mom and you like her more than me" the woman said she became angry, the other thing she was always kept home on picture day. I wonder if she has any photo's of her as a child growing up, and if she was kidnappped then how don't we know that her siblings were'nt also?

anyone know how to contact this woman? i'd like an update on her life, what's going on and if she got anything resolved in the DNA aspects.

Good questions. I too would like to know what is currently happening and any updates. Does anyone know if she is still active online anywhere? or posting anywhere?

I sure hope she finds the answers she is seeking.

I'm afraid there's absolutely nothing beyond UM's site on Monica Libao. I guess she wants to remain a private person or something, but she is young enough to be on the Internet, even here, answering questions. She did go on a national television show after all...and if she truly did not want to find her relatives anymore or talk about it, she could have asked UM to stop running her story.

I don't know if that's necessarily the case or not, that she dosn't want information anymore. It dosn't make it easy to contact her but she might have a good reason to guard her privacy. I wish she would answer for herself somewhere........

I don't know if that's necessarily the case or not, that she dosn't want information anymore. It dosn't make it easy to contact her but she might have a good reason to guard her privacy. I wish she would answer for herself somewhere........

I can't believe there has never been any resolution in the Monica Libao case given as to how well abduction cases going back fifty years are covered. I can't find any info on the case that is not repetitive of the last site I read plus Mrs. Libao seems very elusive herself. I don't understand why she doesn't use her father's SSN#, the same one she's been using, and check his history of where he's lived. She may have been abducted over seas. Sidebar, I've got a cleft on my ear similar but not identical to hers, but no one else in my family has it, so I don't know why she looked for a family sharing this trait. I really would like to see an answer for her.

Does anybody else think it could be her on Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/432875568

For me, there are two interesting sentences: "I've been searching for my parents for many years now. My story has been on unsolved mystery's and many websites..."

For me, there are two interesting sentences: "I've been searching for my parents for many years now. My story has been on unsolved mystery's and many websites..."

It sure looks like it is the same woman. She shows her name as being Monica Susie Libao Wolfe.

Hi all, just popped in on this thread and now I have to know more. I went to the NewsLibrary site and decided to typed in "stolen baby 1962" and this is what came up... I don't know why I picked 1962 for the year.
(I don't have a paid subscription so it only gives me a teaser of the story.) I googled Marlys Gross Thomas but found nothing.

St. Paul Pioneer Press (MN) - April 14, 1997

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BABY MARY?//NAGGING MYSTERIES SURROUNDING HER NEWBORN DAUGHTER'S APPARENT DEATH 35 YEARS AGO IS DRIVING MARLYS GROSS THOMAS TO FIND THE TRUTH ONCE AND FOR ALL.

In June 1962, Marlys Gross Thomas was a poor, unemployed 20-year-old, living on her own in this small southwestern Minnesota town after leaving her husband.And there was a baby due any day. Times couldn't have been much tougher, but Thomas was thrilled and excited about becoming a mother.Her dream of motherhood turned into a disaster, however, when she lost the baby girl, whom she remembers seeing only briefly before falling to sleep after delivering her....

Hi all, just popped in on this thread and now I have to know more. I went to the NewsLibrary site and decided to typed in "stolen baby 1962" and this is what came up... I don't know why I picked 1962 for the year.
(I don't have a paid subscription so it only gives me a teaser of the story.) I googled Marlys Gross Thomas but found nothing.

St. Paul Pioneer Press (MN) - April 14, 1997

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BABY MARY?//NAGGING MYSTERIES SURROUNDING HER NEWBORN DAUGHTER'S APPARENT DEATH 35 YEARS AGO IS DRIVING MARLYS GROSS THOMAS TO FIND THE TRUTH ONCE AND FOR ALL.

In June 1962, Marlys Gross Thomas was a poor, unemployed 20-year-old, living on her own in this small southwestern Minnesota town after leaving her husband.And there was a baby due any day. Times couldn't have been much tougher, but Thomas was thrilled and excited about becoming a mother.Her dream of motherhood turned into a disaster, however, when she lost the baby girl, whom she remembers seeing only briefly before falling to sleep after delivering her....

Do you have a link for this, please? I would like to read the rest of it.

If it's her, I wonder if she would join here and answer questions...or that we could help her.

She's been officially invited now. We'll see. I'm sure many would be happy to help.

Here are the stories about Mary Gross and Monica Libao, Besides both being on Unsolved Mysteries, I doubt thery're connected.

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Mary_Agnes_Gross

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/The_Family_of_Monica_Libao

I thought about this a while back, myself. The problem is with this case there was one photo sent to the mother of this child, and the photo does not look like Monica at all. Beyond that, why move from place to place constantly if you took the baby as a newborn? Who would recognize a newborn baby or the child that baby grows up to be? I have come to these conclusions. 1. Monica was taken as a child, recognizable. 2. Someone was looking for her the entire time, thus the constant moving from place to place. IE - Her parents or someone they may have hired kept getting too close to the the family for comfort. 3. Someone very much cared about Monica and she was not sold for a bus ticket, or why keep moving? It doesn't make sense to keep moving around unless you are quite certain you are about to get caught.

peugeot_linda.jpg

Above is a photo of Linda Puegot. She and her 2 yr old went missing in 1969. Her daughter was only 2. I think this adult photo looks almost identical to the photo we have of Monica Libao.

Here is the photo of Lori, the daughter who went missing the same time her mother went missing.

100_Peugeot_tmp.jpg

Here is the doe network page on them

The Doe Network:
Case File 2135DFMD

Lori and Linda Peugeot

Lori Mae Peugeot
Missing since September 22, 1969 from LaVale, Allegany County, Maryland
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Age at Time of Disappearance: 2 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 30"; 21 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Lori and Linda Peugeot was last seen on September 22, 1969 in LaVale, MD.
The two were allegedly kidnapped and murdered by Stanley B. Hoss Jr., a convicted cop-killer who grabbed the mother and daughter in the parking lot of the former King’s Department Store in LaVale on September 22, 1969. Linda Peugeot was a waitress at Warner’s. The bodies were never recovered.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Allegany County Sheriffs Office
301-777-5959
OR
Maryland State Police
Cumberland Barrack "C"
301-729-2101

NCIC Number:
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Maryland Missing
Cumberland Times-News

Return to the Unexplained Disappearances' Index

this would have Monica being born 1966 or 1967 depending on the month.

I remember her from the Unsolved Mysteries show, and I looked at their website, where I found this quote:
She remembered as a teenager overhearing her father talk about stashing a cardboard box in a bar, something about roadblocks, and the need to tell the truth. To Monica, a disturbing scenario had begun to emerge: “The indication that I got from the whole thing is that my mother had probably kidnapped me. I really started thinking, ‘My God, how could they just up and take me from somebody?’”

Eerie, to think that so much was done to conceal her. If it's true.

I dont know why she doesnt submit her DNA to the Ancestry.com DNA bank to see what Family names she is associated with. It could put a lot to rest. It doesnt cost that much to find out.

The eyebrows on the mother and on Monica are the same. Eyes are similar. Smiles on mother and daughter and Monica are all very similar, big and wide showing the top row of teeth. Foreheads seem the right shapes. Noses are the same. Cheekbones on all three and chins seem the same. Could these parents have killed the mother and hid her body just to steal the child? I wonder if this town put up roadblocks, etc when they realized the two went missing...

Whoever she is, according to the Unsolved Mysteries website, her parents took her as an infant. Also, she has an odd shaped left earlobe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back