Identified! FL - Palm Beach Co, near State Rd 703, WhtFem 14-15, UP16314, in woods, Jun'74 - Suzanne Gale Poole

Deb was 5 ft 5 in, so I think it is reasonable to look into girls that tall or perhaps even slightly taller. as well as girls who were shorter. I really wonder if she is one of the unfound Schaefer victims or even perhaps one of the unfound Stano victims.

I was thinking about this girl last night and wondering since my family was contacted.....how many other families of missing girls from Florida were also contacted....I have not been told anything to indicate any others were.....but it made me wonder if this girl was from someplace other than Florida.

In regards to estimating the height range with skeletal remains, a good guide to keep in mind is there's usually a plus or minus 2-4 inches on average in either direction depending on how complete the remains are.

I looked over this thread. I was stunned to see that the Dana Null case was mentioned. Some of my family members live in FL and know the Null family. Anyway I think this was Amy Billig. Teresa Lyn Fittin was likely the victim of a car crash. The Fort Lauderdale area was very rural which explains how Null and Atchison crashed into the canal. Anyway I think that Teresa crashed into one of those canals as her vehicle was not found.

My guess would be that she accidentally drove into a body of water. There are canals all over Broward County Florida where she was last seen. Just recently, the vehicle connected with the disappearance of Dana Null and Harry Wade Atchison (LKA in 1978) was found in a canal in Broward County. From what I understand, several bones were found also, but I am not sure whether the bones were ever identified as belonging to Null and/or Atchison.
The police have recently confirmed that the 4 human bones found near the car in the canal were Harry and Dana who had been missing for 39 years by then. Harry has DNA and fingerprints on file while Dana has only DNA. The DNA is what confirmed the identities. The families are happy to have found closure but are saddened by the way the teens may have died.

I have information that will help foreshadow the Jane Doe’s story based on some news clippings I obtained from a Palm Beach paper in 1974. When I can, I will post them but not near a computer at the moment.

The article describes how the woman had been found by a man and his two sons while hunting for driftwood on Singer Island, in Palm Beach County. Mainly found was numerous bones, a skull and clothing. It appears they thought the woman was a missing girl from Michigan but obviously it’s likely been ruled out.

I’ll have more when I’m back on a computer!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back