FL FL - Rose Marie Gayhart, 23, Cape Coral, 14 Mar 1985

Very strange I don't see this UID connected to the Doe Network? I was hoping this UID had a rule out list that we could check for Rose.
Odd that there's no HT or WT or eye color listed. I know her sister & the investigator I'll see if this one was looked at, if they know. Thanks for stopping to check out Rose! :)

I just found an article and this is not Rose. I was looking for this woman on Doe, too, or anywhere else, and came across an article that the April 4th, 1985 remains were those of Nilsa Padilla.
I will keep looking, though, glad to be here on Rose's thread!

I found these additional cases that Rose was ruled out of from looking through WS.
50b97efedd1f96e9e847cbdaedb6eae2.jpg

fe2356f998bcab67b045aec5314f25e7.jpg
39c22ab469ccde0ffcd54e966dac8524.jpg

Caring4Many is now a verified insider in the Gayhart case. I have verified that Caring4Many is in contact with Rose's sister. Rose's sister has given permission for Caring4Many to post information received directly from her.

If you have any questions PM me or email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Caring4Many, thank you for living up to your name. It's not easier being a verified insider at times but I'm sure the Websleuths member in this case will welcome you with open arms if they haven't already.

Thank you
Tricia

It just amazes me that someone can disappear and those closest to her at the time aren't scrutinized. Do we have more information...like the boyfriend's story??

Caring4Many is now a verified insider in the Gayhart case. I have verified that Caring4Many is in contact with Rose's sister. Rose's sister has given permission for Caring4Many to post information received directly from her.

If you have any questions PM me or email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Caring4Many, thank you for living up to your name. It's not easier being a verified insider at times but I'm sure the Websleuths member in this case will welcome you with open arms if they haven't already.

Thank you
Tricia

Thank you Tricia I will do my best to honor Rose & hope that some information we have can allow WSers to do the amazing work they do & help Rose too! {{hugs to all!}}

It just amazes me that someone can disappear and those closest to her at the time aren't scrutinized. Do we have more information...like the boyfriend's story??

Thank you RR004-I have a few things that I will post that may help answer this. I know when I first saw the information I was very surprised that more media couldn't be found on Rose.

This is a letter that Rose wrote to her sister. It also includes the post marked envelope.

ac71c3f41c16cfebec0a02b89d973cd3.jpg

d3dd29dafa5b4407972a13d7f51c8ca0.jpg

170532e2121d441ffbe194148e38caa4.jpg

ce88ce394ff21ffff129c0e53a9d46aa.jpg

So it is believed that Rose disappeared in Florida, correct? If so, maybe the title should be modified to reflect that situation so that she gets more attention with UID in Florida.

That letter is odd to me because it seems that Rose switches between saying loving things about Bobby and then phrases that scream "control freak". Rose seems to be a naive and trusting young lady in her letter. IMO, it is likely that she may have told him that she wanted to go home to NY to visit he family and he panicked. I would be hunting down the camper and the car, but it has been so long that they are probably long destroyed. Were they ever searched?

Livingston County NY is where her case is. Once I've posted all the other documents that will make more sense. Rose was last seen in FL but her family was from NY and that's where she grew up. She was reported missing in NY by her family. You'll see this on the report.
Thank you for joining and giving your opinion, it's essential to hear others ideas. This is how we Rose will he found IMO. :)

This is a letter from Bobby's mother to Rose's mother. This also includes the post marked envelope. It includes a copy of a ticket she tried to give Rose to send her back to NY.

1f5a21d822c5dc7184328a899ffdf6a3.jpg

f2e5cc7fd3e9399b7a0bf03894579704.jpg

1e02761b06d0dfec99f0cf23244da553.jpg

5ec3a016ecd475e16e185e531a14178f.jpg

4d73131b3ef8ae4c0da34fd6b2b08b0c.jpg

This is the best copy of the police report from FL. The ones that are harder to read say "Assisting Outside Agency," dated 1/16/89 & the Investigating Officer appears to read as "David Statemen."
I lightened up the zoomed in copies so you could see the words better.

1dc982753e9656d672b5c6ff06997f69.jpg

149d0abf313a2fa8dd6d5557d2f8ce1c.jpg

05460ed93e0daa24ac324360851c47fb.jpg

1135c3e553e3f49d1f1861057232fb29.jpg

52f1a60ae4b850fbc7c5f0cb92eba9f3.jpg

This is a letter from Bobby's mother to Rose's mother. This also includes the post marked envelope. It includes a copy of a ticket she tried to give Rose to send her back to NY.

Rose's letter to her sister is post marked 3/5/85; Bobby's mother 3/10/85; actually surprised the letter got to her with just a name; town, state, zip

She sure covered her butt with making sure she said Rose left with someone

Rose's letter to her sister is post marked 3/5/85; Bobby's mother 3/10/85; actually surprised the letter got to her with just a name; town, state, zip

She sure covered her butt with making sure she said Rose left with someone

I think because of the age it appears as a 10, but the one from Bobby's mother is 3/19/85, it's only 3 days after she purchased the ticket for Rose.

I was surprised too that it arrived without at least a street. But of course Dansville is very small & everyone knows everyone so I think that did help.

I agree with you on the CYA, did you read the info about her from the LE report. Just seems off...I know that Bobbys mother & Rose didn't get along, but you'd think if she went missing there'd be a level of compassion there.

This is a list of Roses possessions taken into custody by LE. This list was written by Livingston County LE & the items reside there.
403782ff44cfa238d2e04ce78fe2a1f7.jpg

That letter and the details in the report sound exactly like something my MIL would write and say when she goes in to "cover-up mode" for my youngest BIL. The lies are detailed and accusatory and she always makes herself and her son look like the good guys that have been wronged. I have watched, listened and read my MIL's lies for many years covering for three of her sons. The language and tone is very familiar to me. If Bobby and his mom did kill Rose then I would be searching very close to the MIL's house because I doubt that they buried her very far away.

Respectfully - The other secondary thoughts that go through my mind: an abortion gone wrong/deadly and the clinic covering it up, a new "boyfriend" that preyed on Rose's innocence, or suicide. When I go back to the letter that Rose wrote to her sister though I do not see any of those as being likely scenarios.

Noted dates: Rose worked 3/19-3/21 and then never returned to work.

Who is Daniel Shaver?

I see now that it was her baby who passed away.

I really appreciate all the help on my missing sister, I have trying for 30 years and I am not giving up

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back