FL FL - Rose Marie Gayhart, 23, Cape Coral, 14 Mar 1985

Were there ever any leads on the red pick-up or driver? Maybe someone who was helping Rose regroup? Was there ever any statements or interviews with the bar patrons that would corroborate Dorothy's account? The statements that Rose wanted to keep her baby but was in the bar drinking and smoking just don't add up. Was there a description of what she was wearing from the last person to see her on the 21st - maybe from her boss from Howie's?

Were there ever any leads on the red pick-up or driver? Maybe someone who was helping Rose regroup? Was there ever any statements or interviews with the bar patrons that would corroborate Dorothy's account? The statements that Rose wanted to keep her baby but was in the bar drinking and smoking just don't add up. Was there a description of what she was wearing from the last person to see her on the 21st - maybe from her boss from Howie's?

TripleA I absolutely agree with you in regards to the accounts given about Rose & the baby. I've also always thought it odd that she was as close to her sister and didn't write to her about the possibility that she may be pregnant.

All that is posted here is all that I have been given on Rose's case. Sadly from what I've seen it appears that FL LE didn't really think much about Rose's disappearance other than she most likely was either returning to NY or just leaving Bobby. However I would think that her not showing for work again especially to retrieve her pay would be a huge red flag to them.

For those that want to see what the header & footer of the above FL LE reports look like, here they are. (I referenced above the little info noted) Each page is lacking info the same as this one.

e327a25de462cdbc9068b43a17eeebed.jpg

d5f80fcd2837e07394773099c6667c4a.jpg

I asked Laurie for the Missing Persons report that was written up on Rose by Livingston County. She is in the midst of locating what she can. I'm thinking there has to be more since LCSO contacted FL prior to January & these are March & May. I should also say this was YEARS after Rose disappeared. So far this is what Laurie has found from LCSO in NY.

Just as a heads up I want to post this info & see what thoughts others have. I have a few myself & many many questions, but after following & participating on cases here I have seen some amazing WSers & I don't want my preconceived ideas to alter others. I'll jump in later -if that makes sense?
Thank you again to each & everyone of you for being here!
75fa7c7074d43b376ec8d1741a6d07b7.jpg

aa999f632ce1be09cc4e02a96db7e8f3.jpg

I am going to assume the typo on the date of the supplemental second entry to correctly be 03/09/89.

Another thing that I think is worth mentioning is that Bobby moved from FL to Dansville NY where Rose was originally from. I think that Laurie has the timeline of when that happened.

he goes to fla. in the winter and lives here in Dansville ny where I live in the summer and yes he always stares at me, I have a photo where he was staring at me from last summer

When Dorothy passed?

Yes I want to make note of when Dorothy passed away & when Bobby left FL to Dansville initially. Since he wasn't going back & forth all along its important to say when he first returned to the area after Rose disappeared.

I think because of the age it appears as a 10, but the one from Bobby's mother is 3/19/85, it's only 3 days after she purchased the ticket for Rose.

I was surprised too that it arrived without at least a street. But of course Dansville is very small & everyone knows everyone so I think that did help.

I agree with you on the CYA, did you read the info about her from the LE report. Just seems off...I know that Bobbys mother & Rose didn't get along, but you'd think if she went missing there'd be a level of compassion there.

Thanks; I see it now

I really appreciate all the help on my missing sister, I have trying for 30 years and I am not giving up

Hi Laurie; welcome to WS! Hopefully someone will see something that will give you a direction to go in. I know of a local gal (I'm FB friends with her) that also follows Rose's case but she is not on WS. I wish she would come here but she's very disabled; can only do so much.

TripleA I absolutely agree with you in regards to the accounts given about Rose & the baby. I've also always thought it odd that she was as close to her sister and didn't write to her about the possibility that she may be pregnant.

All that is posted here is all that I have been given on Rose's case. Sadly from what I've seen it appears that FL LE didn't really think much about Rose's disappearance other than she most likely was either returning to NY or just leaving Bobby. However I would think that her not showing for work again especially to retrieve her pay would be a huge red flag to them.

Agree 100% with both of you!

I asked Laurie for the Missing Persons report that was written up on Rose by Livingston County. She is in the midst of locating what she can. I'm thinking there has to be more since LCSO contacted FL prior to January & these are March & May. I should also say this was YEARS after Rose disappeared. So far this is what Laurie has found from LCSO in NY.

Just as a heads up I want to post this info & see what thoughts others have. I have a few myself & many many questions, but after following & participating on cases here I have seen some amazing WSers & I don't want my preconceived ideas to alter others. I'll jump in later -if that makes sense?
Thank you again to each & everyone of you for being here!

Have to say LCSO was very thorough!

he actually was living over by victor ny. with his wife Rose and got a divorce then moved here Farmington NY I believe

he actually was living over by victor ny. with his wife Rose and got a divorce then moved here Farmington NY I believe

Ok so to be clear-he moved to NY & married another woman named Rose? Then they divorced & he moved to Dansville-correct?

What year did he leave FL?

One thing I'm confused about is Bobby's account of his living situation- Rose was living with him in the camper, but not in an apartment? Or was he saying that Rose just lived with him off and on? And if that is the case, where did he say she was living the time she wasn't with him? Surely, he would know that. Then, IIRC, it was stated earlier in the thread that Rose's belongings (clothing?) were found somewhere other than the apt., but then according to the report her most prized possessions were in the "apartment" in a lockbox and paper bag? Again, you have all this seemingly bizarre information, and the CG police department basically does nothing with it??

ETA: I guess I'm confused about a lot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back