FL FL - Sanibel Island, WhtFem, 30-50, #UP5316, floating in the Gulf, Oct 1995

I wish there was a way to confirm this according to TOS.
I did some more digging and found out that Mark was NOT in that location at the time. The investigator had his location wrong, so I do not think he would not have been involved with this case. I am still interested in finding out who this person was. So sad that she can not be identified.

I did some more digging and found out that Mark was NOT in that location at the time. The investigator had his location wrong, so I do not think he would not have been involved with this case. I am still interested in finding out who this person was. So sad that she can not be identified.
Thanks for letting us know.

BBM

UP5316 - Newspapers.com

I can't find where it says our Jane Doe was "tucked in a sleeping bag" but, the article from back when she was found, states the body was "weighed down by a car battery". Clearly intentional and not accidental. MOO JMO

View attachment 433154
Interesting remark: Since 1975 there have been 15 unsolved prostitution killings in Lee County (Sanibel Island is in Lee county, FL so is St. James City)

Do they suggest she was a prostitute or might have been a prostitute?

I'm not sure why the location she was found is labeled 'Sanibel Island'. From the paperclipping is seems she was found nearer to York Island then Sanibel Island. Strange question, but was/is St. James City or Lee county particularly known for prostitution?

Was there ever a cause of death determined?
No connection to the South Carolina Hospital scrubs I believe. Wonder what year they were manufactured in? Certain scrub colors represent what department your in..

Was there ever a cause of death determined?
No connection to the South Carolina Hospital scrubs I believe. Wonder what year they were manufactured in? Certain scrub colors represent what department your in..
As detailed in the STC link above, the scrubs were tracked back to the cath lab at the hospital. A nurse named "Amanda" ran off with a doctor but they determined she had kids and the unidentified had never had kids. Manner of death was listed by Lee County as homicidal violence but no cause of death listed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back