FL - Sarah Lunde, 13, murdered, Ruskin, 9 April 2005

Miss Daisey said:
I read that his lawyer is a Public Defender. If she's as good as all that, Fla taxpayers are paying for his defense by someone who's won all but one of her DP cases. (that may be only two cases).
That guy isn't going anywhere but death row.
From Gin's link:
Suspect In Lunde's Death Held Without Bond - from TBO.com

Goins has represented 14 death penalty cases at trial. Of those, 12 were sentenced to life in prison, one had the charge reduced to second-degree murder and one was sentenced to death. In several other cases where the state sought the death penalty, Goins' clients took plea deals before trial, thereby eliminating the possibility of execution.

(So she's obviously good and experienced. The citizens will now pay this hefty price tag to try to save this guy that most of us don't want saved for what he did to that girl who we'd all be willing to pay to bring back. Pathetic.

I hope you're right about death row. I hope that his past record will, indeed, see to that.)

richandfamous said:
Miss Daisey, I like your attitude! LOL

I like your attitude too, richandfamous !!!!!!

Anyone that takes in a foster child in hard times is a STAR in my book!!!!

Hang in there. Better times are coming.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Meeee tooooo, JerseyGirl.

Thanks for all the links. As usual, I'm behind again. Don't know what I'd do without ya'!!!

Miss Daisey said:

Thanks for all the links. As usual, I'm behind again. Don't know what I'd do without ya'!!!
You're welcome, of course, Miss Daisey! Thanks for making me feel so appreciated! :blowkiss:

richandfamous said:
I just watched the video of the Andrew Lunde interview and something I picked up...Andrew Lunde knew about Onstott's past so I'm reasonably sure the rest of the family did also. So they are full of chit and tryin to cover their arse because they look really bad to almost everyone. jmo
Yeah, I just had to chime in here and say....NICE BROTHER!! ...Sarah asks him to go & get her something to eat (probably no food in the house) and her brother goes to a restaurant by himself, and comes home a lot later to find her gone....:doh:....Then mom comes home, isn't worried because everyone else in the community looks after her child ....grrr...makes me furious:furious:

...Poor kid never stood a chance

joanofarc said:
Yeah, I just had to chime in here and say....NICE BROTHER!! ...Sarah asks him to go & get her something to eat (probably no food in the house) and her brother goes to a restaurant by himself, and comes home to find her gone....:doh:....Then mom comes home, isn't worried because everyone else in the community looks after her child ....grrr...makes me furious:furious:

...Poor kid never stood a chance

Isn't that the heartbreaking part of it all? If Mom had just been at home, maybe none of it would have happened. That's the haunting part. Bet it is for her, too.

Miss Daisey said:

Ditto!!! Thanks, I love reading all the info if'n I don't get to tired lookin for em! LOL

richandfamous said:
Ditto!!! Thanks, I love reading all the info if'n I don't get to tired lookin for em! LOL
I'm thinking of the days before the Associated Press when different newspapers actually had different articles! Anyone remember that? Now you literally have to scan through 15 pages of search results, and they all say the exact same thing!

I am glad you guys appreciate the links. Sometimes I worry that I might be posting too many. :blushing:

Miss Daisey said:
Isn't that the heartbreaking part of it all? If Mom had just been at home, maybe none of it would have happened. That's the haunting part. Bet it is for her, too.

Oh, I don't know........I think she's probably sad but more embarassed because everyone knows how irresponsible she is.
I also think the preacher and his wife and the youth pastor are feeling pretty bad about leaving her there...I'm not saying they are responsible but NO child should be dropped off to an empty house! At least that's the way it is in our church! I wouldn't want to be in their shoes either. jmo

JerseyGirl said:
I'm thinking of the days before the Associated Press when different newspapers actually had different articles! Anyone remember that? Now you literally have to scan through 15 pages of search results, and they all say the exact same thing!

I am glad you guys appreciate the links. Sometimes I worry that I might be posting too many. :blushing:

Oh boy, yeah! actual reporters that write their own stuff is a lost art!
Now they are just cut and paste artist!

http://www.winktv.com/x466.xml?URL=http://localhost/APWIREFEED/d89i0j1o0.xml

The sheriff who led the search for a 13-year-old girl found slain over the weekend said Monday that investigators had a "gut feeling" that Sarah Lunde was in trouble and had not simply run away as she had in the past...

"I assure you this is a very significant case, not only in this county, this state but in this country," (state prosecutor) Ober said...

Gee said Onstott's recent arrest on failing to register as a sex offender had come during routine checks the sheriff's office makes on their whereabouts. Gee said that still didn't deter Onstott from going to the Lunde home.

"He knows he's been arrested for failure to report and he goes out in the middle of it," Gee said. "These are just a different class of criminal."

CBS News | No Bail For Fla. Murder Suspect | April 18, 2005 11:00:03

"... I think that there are only two people that really know what happened during those early morning hours, and one of them can't tell us any more," Gee said on CBS News' The Early Show. "So we're getting his side of the story and I think we're going to have to wait for the forensic evidence to help us make a better determination of what actually happened..."

JerseyGirl said:

... Onstott's most recent girlfriend, Ashley Poston told the St. Petersburg Times that she does not believe he is guilty. She said she has trusted him with her two small children and there was never a problem.

"I just don't believe he did it at all," Poston told the newspaper. "He's not like that..."

geesus...another stupid woman! And she's too stupid to just shut up! They should take her children away for putting them in harms way!

richandfamous said:
I also think the preacher and his wife and the youth pastor are feeling pretty bad about leaving her there...I'm not saying they are responsible but

One of the articles I read yesterday said Sarah asked to spend that night with her friend. Her friend's parents said no because Sarah and the friend had been spending a lot of time together and the believed they would see each other at church the next morning anyway. The friend's dad was really torn up about it.

CBSNews.com (Children in Danger)

Includes warning signs, state by state data, & resources.

CBSNews.com (Missing Children in America)

Includes victim & predator profiles, abduction facts, and tips for predator protection.

Both links are clear, concise, and worth checking out.

JerseyGirl said:
Hugs, Tears Fill Sarah's Church - from TBO.com

"She loved getting to know people,'' said 13-year-old Leslie, taking off her glasses to wipe away tears. "She loved making friends.''

Leslie's tears were replaced with a smile and a laugh as she remembered the first time she met Sarah.

"We met at the mailbox at the end of my driveway,'' Leslie said. "We became friends right away...''

Friends shared memories of the teenager with an inviting smile, who loved to sing, play volleyball and have sleepovers...

Sarah's mother, Kelly May, her 17-year-old brother, Andrew Lunde, and an uncle did not attend the memorial service but came to the church later to meet the crowd...
Boy what a loving family... they didn't even attend a memorial service for her.

This poor little girl.... I tell ya. Like someone else posted, she never had a chance :(

JerseyGirl said:

... Onstott's most recent girlfriend, Ashley Poston told the St. Petersburg Times that she does not believe he is guilty. She said she has trusted him with her two small children and there was never a problem.

"I just don't believe he did it at all," Poston told the newspaper. "He's not like that..."

I suppose ashley poston thinks Sarah brought it on herself!

I also suppose the next thing we hear from her is..."But I love him!"
omg if I hear that one more time, I will scream!

JerseyGirl said:

Interesting photos, thanks for the link.

Look at picture 19 and picture 20... picture 19 is the mom and uncle, appearing to me smiling slightly and picture 20 is of two church goers appearing to be mourning .... totally different impression from #19 to #20. The difference in the emotions within the photos almost speaks louder than words.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back