FL - Sarah Lunde, 13, murdered, Ruskin, 9 April 2005

Porterville Recorder

... Onstott didn't speak during his first court appearance on the murder charge Monday, when he was ordered held without bond. Prosecutor Mark Ober said there was no decision yet on the death penalty...

theBakersfieldchannel.com - News - Suspect Charged With Murder In Florida Girl's Death

... Hillsborough County Sheriff David Gee said on Sunday that Onstott confessed to killing the girl by breaking into her house and choking her to death...

KRQE News 13 - Sex offender charged with killing 13-year-old

... The sheriff says Sarah let Onstott into the house when he came looking for her mother...

(I wonder what the real story is ... :waitasec: )

JerseyGirl said:
I've seen it reported a couple of times that Onstott "broke into" the home but more reports state that Sarah let him in.

FOX news today showed Onstott in court. A reporter said that Onstott's claiming that when he went in, there was a "screaming match" that led to him choking her.

Yeah, I'm sure he must have felt "threatened" by her. Kind of like Steven Barbee killed the pregnant woman who was kicking him.

Who knows how much alchol and/or drugs he had in his system also.

David Onstott, 36, was charged with first-degree murder Sunday, a day after investigators discovered Sarah Lunde's partially clothed remains in a fish pond. She had vanished a week earlier from her home in Ruskin. Authorities said Onstott confessed to killing her after an argument. the article later went on to say that she let him in, and an argument persued, he claimed that he put her in a choke hold which caused her death, making it sound as if that was the only reason she was killed, the fact that her body was found partially clothed indicates to me that he sexually assulted her. what bothers me besides her untimely death is. did this man sexually assult her alive or dead.? if he killed her just over an argument then why bother to partially remove her clothes? he had other things in mind when he went there to start with. he probably already knew that the mom was away and knew that sara would be home by herself at some point and time. did the home show some signs of a struggle? if it did then it never was mentioned, I can't believe that if he put her in a choke hold in the house, that she didn't struggle, any one that is being choked in that manner would be kicking and struggling to get loose in doing so would have most likely disturbed an area in the home that would be noticed. I think he only went there to abduct her for committing sexual assult on her, he probably did have some sort of words with her and maybe an argument did result, in the heat of the argument he probably just grabbed her and run out the door and forgot all about the beer bottle til later on. It is good that this creep left evidence behind had he not done so he might by now be in another state on the run. this should be a classic example of why offenders should be locked up for a very long time, the laws in 94 were probably much different than now, but I hope that the laws now will put him in the death seat. if he is ever let out on the street again another innocent life will certainly be lost. the only rehab for these creeps is life in prison, after all the families that are effected by their crimes are left in a prison of an other kind, " a life long agonany of loosing a precious part of their family " will always be in the back of their minds... with all my prayers for the family and all her friends, as a christian I know that this beautiful soul has gone home to the lord, I'am glad that this child took the time in her life to seek the lord and all the wonderful people she met by doing so, too bad that her family could have not been more functional.

I think he is lying when he said she died when he had her in a choke hold, I think he strangled her and not in her home. Why would they be looking for her clothes. I think he molested her elsewhere and then killed her. I am sure they are testing her bedding and other stuff in the house.

dannyodie said:
if he killed her just over an argument then why bother to partially remove her clothes?
I wonder if there was any argument or physical confrontation in the house at all. He could very well have abducted her & sexually assaulted her, and then came up with what his sick mind thought might be a good reason just to avoid the death penalty. (I just noticed your post, packerdog - guess we were typing the same thing at the same time.)

He's obviously as dangerous as they come. Not only did he do this, he had the audacity to knock on the door and face Sarah's brother, knowing he had killed her & dumped her in a pond, (going through what they've been saying is great effort to avoid having her found). Then two days later, he's in a bar - (again, like Couey) - and gets in another confrontation, threatening someone with a screwdriver. He's a violent, dangerous lunatic who probably gave many signals as to what he was capable of. What a tragic shame that Sarah had to even know him.

JerseyGirl, I agree with you that he made up a story so that he could avoid the DP. and also he doesn't want to admit that he is a pedophile. The sick bast***.

Hi Packerdog, good to see ya! 'member me?

In my opinion he is EVIL. I don't want to give him any room to wiggle and "sick" implies that he can't help it.

richandfamous, I sure do remember you, I havent seen ya in awhile. I thought you lived in Florida, I see now you are in AZ. Maybe I have oldtimers.

I suppose it is possible that the mother didn't know the man was a sex offender but I just get sick thinking a parent would knowingly allow her child to be exposed to such a person.

Sheromom said:
I suppose it is possible that the mother didn't know the man was a sex offender but I just get sick thinking a parent would knowingly allow her child to be exposed to such a person.
I guess my take is that while Mom was "having a life" this poor little girl was raising herself. It's so sad that for some, their own personal happiness is oodles more important than the safety and well being of the minors they are entrusted with.

It was a church that saw that Sarah was pretty much on her own, and made true efforts to give her a safe place to be, and evidently made her feel cared for and valued.

packerdog said:
richandfamous, I sure do remember you, I havent seen ya in awhile. I thought you lived in Florida, I see now you are in AZ. Maybe I have oldtimers.

Always lived in AZ...lost all my money in the stock market so I had to go get a real job and they worked me 7 days a week for almost 2 years and now we are on furlough status until the end of May. Then it's back to 7 days a week...so I'm enjoying my time off and trying to catch up!
I am just now starting to read all the evidence links.

I see the creeps are still running amuck. I hope all this attention will bring change. (Like colonize them like lepars!) then kill the rest!

Sheromom said:

I just watched the video of the Andrew Lunde interview and something I picked up...Andrew Lunde knew about Onstott's past so I'm reasonably sure the rest of the family did also. So they are full of chit and tryin to cover their arse because they look really bad to almost everyone. jmo

Video link here!
JerseyGirl said:

richandfamous, sorry to hear you have to work so hard. I never go to chat anymore, I am lucky to sneak in here. Good to see you.

Gin, I'm with you there. The sad thing is, I doubt that even charging them with a crime will make any difference. When my children were born I IMMEDIATELY felt a strong connection to them that I still feel intensely for each one of them. (My oldest is 30) I even feel that way about my grandkids. I am thinking that some women just do not have this bond with their children for whatever reason. I have always considered it instinct. I don't think it is something we can teach or force upon someone. Like animals, a certain percentage will just fail to care for their young. It does seem like in these situations, the other children would be sent to foster homes. So frustrating!

Rich and Famous,
Sorry for you. I have to work at Wal-Mart.:crazy: We'll make do.

Fox News just mentioned that the autopsy is partially complete, (lol - what the hell does partially complete mean? That's their oxymoron, not mine)! Nothing mentioned yet about the report which is currently being forwarded to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.

Investigators have begun to drain the pond today.

They also said that the woman sitting next to Onstott in the courtroom is the best defense attorney in the area. I don't remember her name but apparently all but one of her defendants have escaped the death penalty. (Had they mentioned how many DP clients she's had, it may have been more or less impressive. :) ) I wonder what Onstott's work/financial status is ... how can he possibly afford the best attorney? The last I heard, he was drifting without a regular place to stay after breaking up with his wife.

I read that his lawyer is a Public Defender. If she's as good as all that, Fla taxpayers are paying for his defense by someone who's won all but one of her DP cases. (that may be only two cases).
That guy isn't going anywhere but death row.

Sheromom said:
Rich and Famous,
Sorry for you. I have to work at Wal-Mart.:crazy: We'll make do.

LOL...thanks. Yep, I'm perfectly happy in my temporary modest poverty! I am such a big softy that I took in a fostor daughter much like little Sarah! But we'll get by, always do.

best regards,

Miss Daisey said:
I read that his lawyer is a Public Defender. If she's as good as all that, Fla taxpayers are paying for his defense by someone who's won all but one of her DP cases. (that may be only two cases).
That guy isn't going anywhere but death row.

Miss Daisey, I like your attitude! LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown
Back