FL - Sarah Lunde, 13, murdered, Ruskin, 9 April 2005

JerseyGirl said:
Police virtually positive they have found missing girl's body

A sheriff's spokeswoman in Hillsborough County, Florida, says there's really no doubt that a body found yesterday is that of 13-year-old Sarah Lunde (LUHN'-dee).

Debbie Carter says "we're sure it's her" -- it just hasn't been confirmed yet by the medical examiner. She says that could take a day or two...

JerseyGirl, thanks for all the links!!!

LE just held a news conference. The person that they had an interest in has confessed and has been arrested.

GrannyEdith said:
LE just held a news conference. The person that they had an interest in has confessed and has been arrested.

It was Onstadt? I had a feeling........

By VICKIE CHACHERE, Associated Press Writer

RUSKIN, Fla. - [size=-1]A registered sex offender confessed to killing a 13-year-old girl who disappeared a week ago, saying he broke into her house and choked her to death, the sheriff said Sunday. [/size]

[size=-1]David Onstott, 36, was charged with first-degree murder Sunday, a day after investigators found Sarah Lunde's partially clothed body in an abandoned fish pond, Hillsborough County Sheriff David Gee said.

Sarah was last seen April 9, shortly after returning home from a church trip and around the time Onstott, who once dated her mother, unexpectedly visited the family's home.

Sarah had let Onstott into the house when he came looking for her mother, Kelly May Lunde, around midnight April 9, Gee said. Onstott got into a fight with Sarah, put her into a choke hold and killed her, he said.

[/size]

Not trying to be gross or anything, but if they had an argument and he choked her to death, why was she found just partially clothed? Was there something he left out of his confession or that they're not releasing?

JMHO

Smidgeon

The picture they're showing of David Onstott on Cnn.com doesn't even look like the same man that's been shown in the booking pictures.

Is this the same guy, or do they have the pictures mixed up somehow?

One looks like a picture of a white man, the other looks like a picture of a black man.

richandfamous said:
Yes! If the laws had been enforced she would be alive. However, this little girl was also the victim of neglect. She didn't just fall through a small crack in the support of her family...she fell through a chasm the size of the grand canyon. jmo
richandfamous, you hit the nail on the head.

These single mothers MUST start looking at the men they are dating. It doesn't take much to check up on them and find out if they're sexual offenders. Who should come first- your children or some you just met?

This poor child was neglected, and her mother's behavior was reprehensible. I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but I have a 13 and 15 year old, and I would NEVER allow them to come home from an overnight if I didn't plan to be there until the next evening.

smidgeon said:
Not trying to be gross or anything, but if they had an argument and he choked her to death, why was she found just partially clothed? Was there something he left out of his confession or that they're not releasing?

JMHO

Smidgeon
I've been wondering the same thing. Something doesn't add up.

smidgeon said:

JMHO

Smidgeon

I'm glad someone else said something. I've been wondering that myself. And what do they mean by "he went to great odds to make sure she didn't surface". Did he weigh her down? Someone said something on tv about finding chicken wire and duct tape.

:furious: I have been watching the news in recent weeks, the missing threads here, and amber alerts. And I have just about had it! How many more children will have to suffer at their handsI haven't heard a single word indicating that sexual offenders, against children (or adults, for that matter), can be "cured". Worse still, numerous posters have done searches for sexual offenders in there local areas and mentioned 50 here, twenty-some there, alot of them are among us.

Do we need any of these "offenders" running around loose in society? The sentences given for past convictions are laughably short or non-existent, and the ricidivism rate disgustingly high. In my opinion, these animals should be kept contained where they can do no harm, for the remainder of their lives. Even if they've paid their debt, that shouldn't mean that they be placed anywhere near potential victims. They are drawn like moths to flames. Do we really want to light the flame? Once debt is paid, maybe they could be placed in a closed, gated community where they can live some sort of normal life without endangering everyone elses'. We don't need to be completely heartless, but surely something can be done to help those who can't defend themselves. This type of crime affects the victim for life - it should be made to do the same for the perpetrator. Failing that, have them placed near the politicians and others that advocate for their release or who don't lock them up in the first place. That should get some action!

JMHO

Smidgeon

smidgeon said:
:furious: I have been watching the news in recent weeks, the missing threads here, and amber alerts. And I have just about had it! How many more children will have to suffer at their handsI haven't heard a single word indicating that sexual offenders, against children (or adults, for that matter), can be "cured". Worse still, numerous posters have done searches for sexual offenders in there local areas and mentioned 50 here, twenty-some there, alot of them are among us.

Do we need any of these "offenders" running around loose in society? The sentences given for past convictions are laughably short or non-existent, and the ricidivism rate disgustingly high. In my opinion, these animals should be kept contained where they can do no harm, for the remainder of their lives. Even if they've paid their debt, that shouldn't mean that they be placed anywhere near potential victims. They are drawn like moths to flames. Do we really want to light the flame? Once debt is paid, maybe they could be placed in a closed, gated community where they can live some sort of normal life without endangering everyone elses'. We don't need to be completely heartless, but surely something can be done to help those who can't defend themselves. This type of crime affects the victim for life - it should be made to do the same for the perpetrator. Failing that, have them placed near the politicians and others that advocate for their release or who don't lock them up in the first place. That should get some action!

JMHO

Smidgeon

Maybe the laws should be changed and all sexual predators given life without parole.Particularly, in the case of children under 12. And, in the case of older children/adults in the event of force, alcohol/drugs, kidnapping, B&E, also life without parole. These crimes continue after the predators serve their often too short time. Time to get really hard on the criminal element. JMO.

concernedperson said:
Maybe the laws should be changed and all sexual predators given life without parole.Particularly, in the case of children under 12. And, in the case of older children/adults in the event of force, alcohol/drugs, kidnapping, B&E, also life without parole. These crimes continue after the predators serve their often too short time. Time to get really hard on the criminal element. JMO.
Agreed, CP....but I'd like to move that age up to 16. There's too many crimes against children to think that a child that's being cared for wouldn't be pretty naive under the age of 16.

I don't know the answer, but there are just too many of them among us and they continue to offend. I do feel that there are too many of them to be monitored effectively, and there doesn't seem to be any monitoring system that could stop them if they are bent on an attack.

JMHO

Smidgeon

KatherineQ said:
The picture they're showing of David Onstott on Cnn.com doesn't even look like the same man that's been shown in the booking pictures.

Is this the same guy, or do they have the pictures mixed up somehow?

One looks like a picture of a white man, the other looks like a picture of a black man.

Yep, that's him. He does have a dark complexion...don't know what nationality he is. What nationality is "Onstott" anyway? Maybe spanish, arabic, greek...heck I don't know. Anybody know?

smidgeon said:

JMHO

Smidgeon

Because he isn't telling the whole story...he is trying to act like it wasn't premeditated and he was "invited" in. He is not saying that the reason they "argued" is because he was trying to rape her. He already has justified what he has done...they all do!

It still absolutely floors me that we have Martha Stewart up there in her house with a damn ankle bracelet on......and all these freakin' sexual predators running around and we have no idea where they are or where they will be next. Now tell me exactly how it is that Martha Stewart is liable to cause any further problems, but a sex offender who is supposed to be "registered" can be anywhere. I think we have some priorities mixed up here!!!!! :bang:

less0305 said:
It still absolutely floors me that we have Martha Stewart up there in her house with a damn ankle bracelet on......and all these freakin' sexual predators running around and we have no idea where they are or where they will be next. Now tell me exactly how it is that Martha Stewart is liable to cause any further problems, but a sex offender who is supposed to be "registered" can be anywhere. I think we have some priorities mixed up here!!!!! :bang:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: That's what I've been thinking too, less

Good post

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back