GUILTY FL - Sean Taylor, NFL player, 24, fatally shot, Palmetto Bay, 26 Nov 2007

Of course he didn't deserve to die but singing songs of sainthood doesn't help figure out what happened.

Wasn't random, probably wasn't intentional.

shooting someone in the groin of all places seems pretty intentional to me.

His best friend may know who was after him. I hope they arrest the jerks who did this!
Sean's father was a police chief for years. This is so sad and senseless :(

Investigators believe the young men learned of Taylor's house through someone who unwittingly set up the burglary by bragging about the football star's wealth.
The suspects include a teenager and two men in their 20s who hail from the Fort Myers area. (from the article)
http://www.miamiherald.com/854/story/326903.html

Per Fox:
3 arrested in Ft Myers (or detained for questioning), 1 a minor. Set up by these people when they thought he wouldn't be home (game).
http://www.miamiherald.com/

I never thought Sean was the direct target in this case. From this news it seems it was the talk about the money he had made by someone who unwittingly didn't know these thugs would seize on that information.

They obviously didn't realize he would be home. They thought it would be a cake walk to rob the home when the only ones there were a young woman with a little girl.

At least Sean protected his family to the end.

imoo

Personally, I still think there's more to this story. If these 3 supposedly heard how "rich" he was from someone bragging, how'd they know that there was a safe in the bedroom?

Jackie stayed with her parents when Sean wasn't home so that could be known.

I just don't get the whole part about them going directly to the bedroom and kicking in the door. Why would they think that no one was home if the bedroom door was locked? Don't most bedroom doors lock from the "inside"?

Something smells fishy in Miami. Where's Horatio?

I think the Miami police know more than they are letting on. This article was in the Post today, doesn't give much more info but it does answer some questions as to why they think it was random. I just don't buy the whole random theory. I think it was a planned hit or retaliation of some sort.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/29/AR2007112901648.html?hpid=topnews

Lurker of course they know more. They are not going to show all the cards.The more I read the more I am incline to think. This hadf nothing to do with Sean's past.There was an articlle with Frank Gore who went to UM with Sean and plays for the Niners in the paper yesterday.Frank siad that the hardest part of being a pro athlete is people know you now have the money. It mention the 2 basketball players that were robbed at gun point a few months ago in Chi town.

Lurker of course they know more. They are not going to show all the cards.The more I read the more I am incline to think. This hadf nothing to do with Sean's past.There was an articlle with Frank Gore who went to UM with Sean and plays for the Niners in the paper yesterday.Frank siad that the hardest part of being a pro athlete is people know you now have the money. It mention the 2 basketball players that were robbed at gun point a few months ago in Chi town.

They're saying that his house was a target but not Sean himself. I don't buy that. I think it's a little of both. Considering the suspects are 17, 19 and 26, I'm sure they'll be falling all over each other to point fingers.

By "not intentional" I meant I don't think they intended to kill him.

By "not intentional" I meant I don't think they intended to kill him.

Yeah, that could just show they saw him coming and wanted to slow him down so they shot him in the leg. I doubt they were smart enough to know the exact spot to shoot someone and have them bleed out in a matter of minutes. I think if it was a hit on his life, there would've been multiple shots to the chest/head area.

what about the knife someone left on his pillow a week earlier? i think he was targeted.

what about the knife someone left on his pillow a week earlier? i think he was targeted.

Exactly! Though I have heard conflicting reports on that one. I heard that it was left on the bed in a spare room used by his mother or sister and that they dont' think it was a message but something that was used to pry something open and just left. Kind of fishy though once you put it all together.

It just came across the news here in DC that Taylor's brother and sister may be indirectly involved... THOUGH HOW IS NOT YET KNOWN. Derek McGinty just got the info from one of our reporters down there...

Wow, Elphaba, that would truly suck. Sorry, can't think of any other words right now.

It just came across the news here in DC that Taylor's brother and sister may be indirectly involved... THOUGH HOW IS NOT YET KNOWN. Derek McGinty just got the info from one of our reporters down there...

Yes, they have been saying that someone unwittingly may have talked about how successful Sean was. I know that will haunt them forever.

Now they just said on Fox News there was a birthday party and they (the robbers) may have been invited and saw all the things that Sean had in his home.

imoo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back