FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Google Maps, Brown st. ends at U.S. 90 in the 700 block, there officially is no 600 or 200 block of Brown St, at least not from my knowledge and the resources I have to check.

So now we don't even have an address.

Hmmmm...ever get the feeling we aren't getting much info because they know what happened? I felt this way about Elizabeth Olten's case and they had a suspect right away also...

Between declaring that she didn't leave on her own (no kidding at 7 mos) and this statement:

It sounds like LE is sending a clear message. (Sounds familiar.) She's been missing since Saturday morning? I'm surprised this didn't get more coverage!

Interesting photo. That looks more like a newborn than a 7 mos old baby to me. I wonder why that photo or did they not have a later one? She doesn't even have hair yet. Is that what 7 mos looks like?

I was thinking this. She is tiny 11 pounds at 7 months.

Thanks, Texas. But even according to her poster on that link, they're calling it a "Missing Child Alert".

yeah - and so far in the past week the Amber Alerts issued for missing little ones haven't turned out too good. :(

ITA - she didn't walk out of her house, and if no 'abduction' & them looking in the woods.....can't help but think they have their suspicions.

Have to just keep praying for her safe return!

Hmmmm...ever get the feeling we aren't getting much info because they know what happened? I felt this way about Elizabeth Olten's case and they had a suspect right away also...

I think there is a good reason they are searching the swamps and woods around the house. :(

Per Google Maps, Brown st. ends at U.S. 90 in the 100 block, there officially is no 600 block of Brown St, at least not from my knowledge and the resources I have to check.

So now we don't even have an address.

Talk about frustrating.

On one website, I found a male Dedrick at an address on 4th St. But then I searched that address on another site and it gave me an entirely different person. I am finding a C. and J. Dedrick in Chipley, but they are supposedly in their 60s. Grandparents, maybe?

I finally caught up with you I4G, I see the addresses on 4th St. That's the only other Dedrick I'm seeing.

I think we all know how this one is going to turn out.... baby vanishes in the middle of the day while both parents are home...

I think we all know how this one is going to turn out.... baby vanishes in the middle of the day while both parents are home...

Sadly, I have to agree.
There is a lot we haven't heard yet, I hope some of it will change my mind, but I doubt it.

Looks right to me, nmk. Damn, talk about a wooded area.

I was about a block off. I was on South Blvd, not Brown north of South Blvd (No wonder it confused me.) I fixed it, not that there's much difference.

Talk about frustrating.

On one website, I found a male Dedrick at an address on 4th St. But then I searched that address on another site and it gave me an entirely different person. I am finding a C. and J. Dedrick in Chipley, but they are supposedly in their 60s. Grandparents, maybe?

Maybe she was with her grandparents, and one of her parents came and took her?

I saw a post at wmbb by someone that said they knew Shannon...said she was really small...11 lbs sounds very small for 7 mos. to me.

it's so sad they are searching the swampy woods :(

I've got four kids of my own. I'm a former foster parent and infant room group leader... I've seen and cared for my share of babies over the years. I have to say based off that picture the baby most certainly does have an oversized head. She actually looks VERY similar to a friend of mine's baby who was just diagnosed with Hydrocephalus after going for several months where the pediatrician kept putting them off saying he just had a big head and his body would grown into it. (not!)

Also, 11 lbs is underweight for a 7 month old. Hopefully we got the stats wrong, but if not I'd say this little one definitely has some health issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43