FL - Shelly Arnold, 24, found murdered, mutilated, Eustis, 16 Feb 2015

From reading here and looking at other cases, it is rare that a bf or ex will go to this extent in a killing. They will kill the wife or gf and then just get rid of the body, hid it, or put it close to the home, but rarely do we see a body mutilated and then dumped in another location. Do we know how far she is dumped from where she lived? Even a drug dealer usually shoots the person, unless she is in with a really bad gang and maybe stole from them. But a lot will rather you work it off, KWIM? Anyway, hoping for an update for her family and some justice. So sad.

It's approx 10 miles from West Doane Avenue in Eustis to Sorrento - map here

:thinking:

I noticed that there are two others left dead by the side of a road. They too are just miles from Hwy 441. The I-4 interstate connects to Hwy 441. Looking at the SK threads you can see where woman were left going along I-4. I see a similar pattern with Hwy 441.

Ondich road and Round Lake - Brenda Revel 7/09
Hackney Prairie Road - Christen Moore 7/12
W Doane Ave - Shelly Arnold 2/2015

I don't know if these girls have anything in common other than they were left on the sides of the roads, and the time is 3 years apart. But I just have a knack to see patterns, but like I said, they may have noting in common other than the Hwy 441.

The highway aspect is very interesting. I'm not familiar with the other two cases so I will have to take a look. I will say though that Shelly was hanging out with some unsavoury people. Her tattooist that she refers to as her baby is a registered sex offender and has multiple arrests for assault and battery and one for attempted strangulation. Her babies father also has multiple arrests for assault and battery (two of those on Shelly), another guy she tells that she is in love with also has multiple arrests and has close ties with the guy that was shot in the leg and died a little while ago in Eustis and the father of the boy that was stabbed to death defending his sister from another man. Her closest friend in the area was the last to see her, Shelly spent the Sunday night at her place, and even she doesn't know what was going on with her but she did say she was worried about something the morning she left. It sounds to me like she owed someone money perhaps for drugs and either couldn't pay or was paying in another way iykwim

I might as well not have FB ~~ I can't find anything posted on that page at 9:41am.

Hope there is an arrest soon, this was a gruesome crime.

Have they released a cause of death for Shelly?
It seems like they are being awfully quiet about her murder.
I mean no arrest no poi. This is a horrendous crime.
My heart goes out to her family. Her little girls even though they have been adopted will prob find out someday. How sad that will be for them.
Have they cleared her BF?
Maybe cops don't give A f--- because of her choices in life.

I might as well not have FB ~~ I can't find anything posted on that page at 9:41am.

Hope there is an arrest soon, this was a gruesome crime.

Adjust the time for your time zone ie 9:41 is 16:41 for me in the UK.

http://www.wesh.com/news/investigators-see-similarities-in-dismembered-body-cases/39013930

Investigators are working to determine whether the body of a woman found in Orange County is connected to another Central Florida case.

The nude body of Ethel McCarson, 42, was found one week ago off Old Winter Garden Road...

The Eustis Police Department and the Orange County Sheriff's Office confirm they're working together because of similarities in the cases, but neither would say whether they believe the same assailant could be responsible.

Both victims led transient lifestyles, which make it difficult to retrace where they were in the days leading up to their deaths.

Jeez talk about overkill. Poor woman, can't believe the person that did this is presumably still on the streets

Shelly Arnold called her mother with a plan to turn her life around and put a history of drug use behind her.

She would return to school at Lake Technical College to earn her GED. She was writing letters to the two daughters she had given up for adoption years before. She was losing weight and enjoying her newfound self-confidence.

A month later, the 24-year-old was dead, her mutilated body found on Feb. 19, 2015, in a vacant lot in Eustis.

Now, her mother is still fighting to make sure her daughter’s killing is remembered, in the hope that someday it will be solved.

5 years after daughter’s brutal murder in Eustis, mother fights to keep case active

This really is beyond horrific and the frightening thing is, the monster who did it is on the loose! imo.
Feb 23 2023 rbbm
By Jeff Deal, WFTV.com and Adam Poulisse, WFTV.com
Last week her mother, Brenda Hill, spoke out, wanting people to come forward with information.

On Wednesday, Channel 9 got a look at the case file, including crime scene photos, and spoke with Eustis police Capt. David Carney.

“This is a horrific incident,” he said. “It’s one of the worst I’ve seen in my 28 years of law enforcement.”

Investigators said they believe Arnold was strangled and killed somewhere else, then moved.

At the scene, investigators believe her body had been tied to a tree by a red cloth, then put on the ground. She was found naked, but one of her black boots was found, as well as a sock, her pants and a jacket. But there was no blood.

Arnold’s face had been removed and a tattoo was cut from her body.

Eustis police spoke to many witnesses who had seen Arnold and been with her in the days before her murder, but no one has come forward to say what happened to her.

“We’re doing everything we can,” Carney said. “And somebody out there has information for us that can lead us to the person that’s responsible for this.”

Many of the people police interviewed who said they knew Arnold stayed in the area. Her boyfriend has since moved away.

The last tip they received was in February 2021.''

The highway aspect is very interesting. I'm not familiar with the other two cases so I will have to take a look. I will say though that Shelly was hanging out with some unsavoury people. Her tattooist that she refers to as her baby is a registered sex offender and has multiple arrests for assault and battery and one for attempted strangulation. Her babies father also has multiple arrests for assault and battery (two of those on Shelly), another guy she tells that she is in love with also has multiple arrests and has close ties with the guy that was shot in the leg and died a little while ago in Eustis and the father of the boy that was stabbed to death defending his sister from another man. Her closest friend in the area was the last to see her, Shelly spent the Sunday night at her place, and even she doesn't know what was going on with her but she did say she was worried about something the morning she left. It sounds to me like she owed someone money perhaps for drugs and either couldn't pay or was paying in another way iykwim
Shelly's Best Friend said in a post.
Shelly was suppose to meet up with a guy named Joel on Monday morning or went somewhere with him, H&R Block or something.. She also said that he's older and is still riding his bike in town. Who is that guy Joel that rides his bike around town? What's his name?? She said he was questioned.

Apr 13, 2016 rbbm
''ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. —

''The nude body of Ethel McCarson, 42, was found one week ago off Old Winter Garden Road.''
'But the truth is that someone killed Arnold and dumped her partially dismembered body.'
''Both victims led transient lifestyles, which make it difficult to retrace where they were in the days leading up to their deaths.
Both agencies said the savage nature of the cases is unusual and reason enough to explore the possibility of a connection.''
Ws thread..

I noticed that there are two others left dead by the side of a road. They too are just miles from Hwy 441. The I-4 interstate connects to Hwy 441. Looking at the SK threads you can see where woman were left going along I-4. I see a similar pattern with Hwy 441.

I don't know if these girls have anything in common other than they were left on the sides of the roads, and the time is 3 years apart. But I just have a knack to see patterns, but like I said, they may have noting in common other than the Hwy 441.
What about the April Mullins murder?

She was killed in Lake county December 2015. Do u think there could be a connection with the other women killed in Lake county. Also Ethel McCarson killed in 2016, she was dismembered.

Can’t find any info on the Christen Moore murder in July 2012. Do u have an info or details?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back