FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rewinding to the profile speculation again:

Won't any kind of accurate profile have to indicate the means/manner of death in some way? Is there any accuracy possible if we don't know those details? Obviously LE does, but I'd think the profile would be the first big indication of what we're dealing with based on Somer and the condition of her body when found.

And is a no bond status common with arrests for armed robbery?

FWIW==

From the comment section of First Coast News:

Somer's house wasn't robbed. Police were checking ID's of all the people around Somer's house on foot and in cars. These four men were stopped and ID's showed they were wanted for armed robbery.
bumping.... bumping....

Someone here said that Somer's body was found partially clothed. Never did find a news source that confirmed that statement. Does anyone have the answer?

No, unfortunately I don't have anything in print. I guess I could look for an older article, but not right now. But what I want to know is how could she be partially clothed if she was wearing a jumpsuit?

I PM'ed a mod to close the other thread, I just don't think it happened yet.

Oh yes and for the newcomers that didn't want to read over 100 pages back from today :)

Two of the offenders share last names, that of family and of other people that seem associated with the family. This was all found on facebook. However, I am not saying they are related, just pointing out the coincidence.

The only thing that threw up for a loop is that these men are listed as Black Males. And yes, I know interacial marriage is possible but I think another poster ruled at least one of the aunts out on that.

Someone here said that Somer's body was found partially clothed. Never did find a news source that confirmed that statement. Does anyone have the answer?
we don't know. It was a case of semantics... personally.... I think it was 'extrapolated' from the quote in the media that said "partially exposed legs" when referring to how LE discovered her in the landfill. This is my opinion only.

There is a lot of conflicting information. I read here earlier that Somer was found partially clothing and now I see that she was wearing a jumpsuit. It's been years since I've seen a kid wearing a jumpsuit unless they mean some sort of one piece tights with attached skirt or something.

Rewinding to the profile speculation again:

Won't any kind of accurate profile have to indicate the means/manner of death in some way? Is there any accuracy possible if we don't know those details? Obviously LE does, but I'd think the profile would be the first big indication of what we're dealing with based on Somer and the condition of her body when found.

And is a no bond status common with arrests for armed robbery?

If the profile is released tomorrow per the Examiner, then we will definitely be working backward to find out cause of death. Manner of death would have to be homicide, otherwise there would not be a murder investigation.

As for no bond status, if they left state between the time of the robbery and now, yes, as they are considered flight risks. Same if they have no local family or other community ties.

Does anyone else think this might be the same person?
composite.jpg

Isabelle, carrying from previous thread - I meant also to add that I am very sorry to learn about your son & your loss.

There is a lot of conflicting information. I read here earlier that Somer was found partially clothing and now I see that she was wearing a jumpsuit. It's been years since I've seen a kid wearing a jumpsuit unless they mean some sort of one piece tights with attached skirt or something.

I have seen that she was wearing a sweatsuit when she went missing, and that she was partially clothed when found, I hadn't heard jumpsuit when found.
I really hope she wasn't redressed in someone else's clothes, that would blow every image I have of the perp, that's signature. Serials have signatures. regular molester/pedophile/murderers don't.
Here's to hoping the jumpsuit report is wrong.

MOMTECTIVE,
Yes but another poster clarified that the guy on the left is a neighbor down the street. She gave his name too.

The weirdest thing is that Mom says that she felt there was something wrong this time. Maybe it's just hindsight on her part. But why say Somer never does this and the sitter says she does it all of the time?

I was the one who posted the article about the former babysitter on an early thread.

Maybe mom is worried that she is going to appear to be a negligent parent if she admits Somer did this frequently?

Another poster added an article about a neighbor saying Somer wandered away frequently.

That corroborated the babysitter's statement in a way.

I'm stuck now on the discrepencies about the blue nissan incident.

snip from one article
Blue Nissan Not A Focus
Investigators once again said the blue Nissan is not a part of the ongoing investigation.

The vehicle belongs to a member of the FDLE who was in the area a few days other incident ocurred on 10th - 9 days earlier before Somer’s disappearance to attend a football game.

“They saw a small female child on a bike almost get hit by a car. There was a large moving vehicle wonder who in that area was moving? which probably caused some obstruction and the child darted out in front of it,” said an FDLE agent. “They in fact had to slam on their brakes. The FDLE member did drive other incident has hispanic female driving - I suppose this officer could be female next to the child who was in tears already at this time and asked if she was OK.” much different than stopping the car and telling the little girl to get in to be taken to mom

The blue Nissan became a focus of the investigation in the early stages because neighbors and those who were in the area at the time saw the FDLE investigator helping the small child a few days before Somer disappeared. They assumed it had something to do with that.

The other gal from the incident says she almost hit the little girl and that is what made her stop - she then sort of simultaniously noticed the nissan and stopped and went to the girl - but not too close as the girl was frightened.

If the Nissan was truly concerned for the little girl - they would have seen the lady. The lady followed the little girl home for gosh sakes.

This just isn't making sense to me.

If you think about it, they (LE, Family) really have been behaving as if they know it's a pedophile. By now, they should have the forensics that tell them that quite a bit, and hopefully that much. I think I'll be surprised if we learn tomorrow there was no evidence of molestation.

No, unfortunately I don't have anything in print. I guess I could look for an older article, but not right now. But what I want to know is how could she be partially clothed if she was wearing a jumpsuit?

IMO, the jumpsuit was bad reporting- when some people (including me) hear the word jumpsuit they think of a one piece outfit like what Elvis was known for wearing in his later performances-I think what Somer was wearing was a 2 piece set that are popular now-some type of pants w/a matching hoodie-it may of been changed later on her flyer, can't recall right off w/out looking but I do remember there was a black shirt she was wearing added to the description.

the picture reminds me of someone else that usually wears glasses and inserts himself into missing children cases

I have seen that she was wearing a sweatsuit when she went missing, and that she was partially clothed when found, I hadn't heard jumpsuit when found.
I really hope she wasn't redressed in someone else's clothes, that would blow every image I have of the perp, that's signature. Serials have signatures. regular molester/pedophile/murderers don't.
Here's to hoping the jumpsuit report is wrong.

Jumpsuits have shirts that go underneath them, and could have also worn a t-shirt under that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82