FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was on a video...the reporter quoted Kyle saying he was possibly the last to see Somer and that she had made the comment about "good work". As soon as I find the video, I'll post it.

I think there is a quote from Mary Justino that talks about the workers at 1080 being the last ones to see Somer (and I believe this was based on reports from the various people who had seen Somer).

I'll try to find it and then I must go face the previous thread and see what I missed during the 5 hours I've been gone.

ETA (not what I wanted but will post later if I find again; think I have in my notes)
Forensic teams continue to go over a house at 1080 Gano, the address witnesses say Somer was last seen.

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2009/10/lawmen-in-clay-county-have-int.html

if it helps, he is testing for late developing aspergers syndrome. He has always been a little off, but now his social skills are really regressing, while his reading and vocab is off the charts.
But seeing as how dt apparently bought into the indigo child theory, it is possible that a condition like high functioning aspergers could have been missed, and simply seen as something that makes her "special".
It's one of those things that i agree isn't probable, but is possible.

exactly!

Was there an attic or basement in this house?I'm surprised no one heard anything.It sounds like she fought back hard to me.

See I was wondering about the attic if there was one, did someone fall through the ceiling and maybe get hurt?

Please correct me if I am wrong but I would think that these kind of commercial use dumpsters have different haulers as opposed to residential carriers.

No, when I called the City of OP I was told that commercial business dumpsters from the city and businesses are picked up by the city along with household garbage on the same collection days.
Private contractor dumpsters for construction are emptied by that contractor not the city. The one at the 1080 Gano house was contracted through Amason's http://maps.google.com/maps/place?s...hnear=Orange+Park+Fl&cid=11257619063893251076

If Somer was found with soot on her, just going with the most obvious, she must have been attacked in that burnt house or her body placed in there. Somer was found with her legs sticking out, so she must not have been enclosed in anything like a trash bag or other type bag, and must have been placed into a dumpster and covered or wrapped with something, at least partially. No one would chance putting her into a regular round trash can. Whoever did this must have not had any way of really hiding a body. I don't get how a car comes into it though. Sounds like it was all done very close to home.

I think that was me. Another poster had posted a link to the appraiser's site showing that Andy C (and his sons) actually live BEHIND 1080 Gano and not next to it (where the camper is located). I then discovered that the home where the camper is located is owned by an Amy Christine Coward.
Is she the one who said to check the dumpster?

Neighbor is a fireman, made a call.........soot is everywhere until the final clean up.......
while knocking down wood and drywall.........soot still there in dusty form.
If not sealed, soot ca even come through paint years later.........
think of a dirty fireplace...........clean it but soot still there in some form.

Thinking this through just a little bit more...I don't think Somer was put into a dumpster early on unless her body was concealed in a carpet or bag. By putting her body in a dumpster hours prior to garbage pick up the perp risk her being found by someone else placing their trash into the dumpster. So,he either concealed her body in something like a carpet or he placed her body in the dumpster just prior to pick up. I'm also wondering, when the dumpsters are picked up does a worker open the lid of the dumpster before it's hoisted up and dumped in the truck? Or does the trash truck just hook up to the dumpster, lift it and dump it into the truck?
I don't really think he placed her in the curbside container because those containers are picked up by hand and emptied into the truck..someone would have surly seen her even if she would have been in a bag. If I remember correctly, when we lived in town and placed our trash at the curb, the sanitation workers never lifted our trash can. They just lifted the bags out and tossed them into the trash truck. One would think if the workers lifted a bag containing a body, they would realize a distinct difference in the density of the contents of the garbage bag as compared to that of regular household trash bags. Sorry for the long post...just thinking out loud.

Just curious, when does the smell of decomposition set in?? I realize there are environmental factors...Kind of a newbie here:)

Originally Posted by JustyThoughts
I thought the quote from the boy Kyle was that she used the word "renovations"; to me that seems like a big word for a 7 year old. But then again, kids these days have a more advanced vocab than I did 40 years ago.

-----------------------
Now if that is a exactly what Somer said, I would agree with everyone about it being weird, but

IMO, if Kyle did indeed say the word "renovations," I would bet wasn't quoting her verbatim, he was adding that word in to describe what she was talking about.

Like when they put a word in parens in news stories.

That is, if it really happened, of course.

If Somer was found with soot on her, just going with the most obvious, she must have been attacked in that burnt house or her body placed in there. Somer was found with her legs sticking out, so she must not have been enclosed in anything like a trash bag or other type bag, and must have been placed into a dumpster and covered or wrapped with something, at least partially. No one would chance putting her into a regular round trash can. Whoever did this must have not had any way of really hiding a body. I don't get how a car comes into it though. Sounds like it was all done very close to home.
Maybe she was wrapped in a tarp?
or carpet?

...I'm also wondering, when the dumpsters are picked up does a worker open the lid of the dumpster before it's hoisted up and dumped in the truck? Or does the trash truck just hook up to the dumpster, lift it and dump it into the truck?.....

No they don't look into it before dumping it. My step-son dumped a homeless person once during a cold spell. Fortunately the person started banging and wasn't compacted.

Open construction type dumpsters - often called roll off's - have no lids and you can see in the top of them if you look.

Finally, not from the area but some home pickup is fully automated. The driver never leaves the truck as a hydraulic arm comes out and grabs the can and lifts it up and dumps it and sets it back down. For this type of pickup I've had at least 80 to 90 lbs in the can and the arm handled it no problem....

Any barbecue pits at the park? We've got them all over down here, and talk about sooty!
Or, again, materials taken from renovations are often kept by the workers if they're salvageable, so...are we back to a van...or camper?

Right, charcoal bbq grill from someones yard could have been emptied in the trash with her. Homeless people around here build fires= soot.
jmo

You make some very good points.

Im WAY behind as usual, Can someone tell me why we are talking about soot? TIA

Originally Posted by JustyThoughts
I thought the quote from the boy Kyle was that she used the word "renovations"; to me that seems like a big word for a 7 year old. But then again, kids these days have a more advanced vocab than I did 40 years ago.

-----------------------
Now if that is a exactly what Somer said, I would agree with everyone about it being weird, but

IMO, if Kyle did indeed say the word "renovations," I would bet wasn't quoting her verbatim, he was adding that word in to describe what she was talking about.

Like when they put a word in parens in news stories.

That is, if it really happened, of course.

Good point.... I said that I "thought" I remembered the word used. I just recall at the time I saw the news report that the word seemed a bit advanced for the average 7 year old. Your point that it was paraphrased may very well be the case.

I can't stop thinking that the crew at the Gano home know way more, I am wondering if this is what LE is talking about(There are individuals out there that know something)

Im WAY behind as usual, Can someone tell me why we are talking about soot? TIA

Somer's father was on NG this eve and said LE told him they found soot on Somer's body. Also, mentioned she possibly could have had skin under her fingernails and defensive marks.

Ok...I've searched and searched and can't find the video with the reporter stating that he talked to Kyle on telephone and what Kyle told him. Does anybody have it handy? TIA

See I was wondering about the attic if there was one, did someone fall through the ceiling and maybe get hurt?

And/or he had to hide and did so among material or supplies or stacked debris that he got cut on - stepped on nails etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frito