FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU are soooo right and I am so wrong.. but who really cares? haha
if u turn right at gano and go straight past road I think ur talkin about on left,, its dirt, you go to the right and pass the school (fence) and the house is on right with tracks on left.

ok behind the school (fence) I was so shocked how spooky it looked back there. with tracks and that big area of water right there by the play area for the school children.. I mean the swings are maybe 10-15 away from this area. small short fence but still.. I am surprised not more hurt children than what there has been. that is a dangerous looking area.. google maps wouldn't let me continue down the dirt road past the school by tracks.. guess was to spooky for the driver to go down.. lol

The home page of the lawyer has it advertised that they were on the show this morning. I just don't like that. Yes, he is a lawyer for a firm of many parctices, however looking at the areas none of them seem to fit.

I was thinking ..... lots of folks, mostly on other forums, have referred to DT's lawyer as an entertainment lawyer. So, I googled him and found out he practices lots of different areas of law.

http://www.bmdllc.com/attorneys/freed.htm

http://www.lawyers.com/Florida/Jacksonville/Michael-R-Freed-792889-a.html

Does anyone know why he is referred to as an entertainment lawyer only? Just curious.

I would hazard a guess by looking at the list: Commercial Litigation; Business Litigation; Class Actions; Arbitration; Eminent Domain; Construction Litigation; Real Estate Litigation; Banking Law; Labor and Employment; Sports Law; Entertainment Law, DT doesn't require the expertise of those other field's. Since she is doing so many national morning shows & if she were to receive money for licensing of pictures for instance she would need a lawyer to read the contract & if so entertainment lawyer would fit in this regard.

I was thinking ..... lots of folks, mostly on other forums, have referred to DT's lawyer as an entertainment lawyer. So, I googled him and found out he practices lots of different areas of law.

http://www.lawyers.com/Florida/Jacksonville/Michael-R-Freed-792889-a.html

Does anyone know why he is referred to as an entertainment lawyer only? Just curious.
I've looked at the web sites, and with all due respect to you and Mr F, I cannot for the life of me see where any area of his expertise fits in anywhere-unless it's risk analysis for any portfolio DT may have. I'm at a loss.
M.F. became the Florida Managing Partner for Brennan, Manna & Diamond in September 2003. Mike is experienced in litigation, arbitration, administrative proceedings and other forms of dispute resolution in a wide range of areas, including:

* Banking
* Class Actions
* Construction
* Corporate Governance
* Education
* Eminent Domain
* Entertainment
* Health Care
* Hospitality Industry
* Insurance Coverage
* International Law
* Labor & Employment
* Litigation
* Product Liability
* Professional Athletics

In addition, Mike serves on behalf of the Firm as outside general counsel for several companies, with regular involvement in personnel matters, labor relations, contract negotiations, insurance and risk analysis, and strategic planning.

I'm sorry,I've been following Shaniya's case,but why does DT need a lawyer?

I've looked at the web sites, and with all due respect to you and Mr F, I cannot for the life of me see where any area of his expertise fits in anywhere-unless it's risk analysis for any portfolio DT may have. I'm at a loss.

I have no idea why he was chosen. I do not know him. I was just curious.

I'm sorry,I've been following Shaniya's case,but why does DT need a lawyer?

EXACTLY. According to DT LE aren't telling her anything so??? Her own lawyer said something this morning that if true was a leak IMO.

EXACTLY. According to DT LE aren't telling her anything so??? Her own lawyer said something this morning that if true was a leak IMO.

Well,she's making enough money to afford a lawyer,so I guess money isn't an issue.I was wondering if it was because she said people were talking bad about her,so it was for public image or something to that effect.

LE will tell the families what they need to know,they know families talk to the media so they don't want thier investigation hindered in any way.And it's probably not that a family member will mean to say anything they shouldn't,it's just the media kind of weasels info out,in a round about way. :)

Well,she's making enough money to afford a lawyer,so I guess money isn't an issue.I was wondering if it was because she said people were talking bad about her,so it was for public image or something to that effect.

Could be. The lawyer is working pro bono & she might have accepted as "why not"? The lawyer apparently made a comment on First Coast that the Sheriff asked him to. I find it hard to buy that though.

I haven't read what the lawyer said,I was waiting to hear if there was any new info on Somer's case.Someone had mentioned they heard something like that on JVM,but I guess it wasn't anything on her disappearance,so sad.

sadnpod - thanks for all you are doing to help somer - and us.

About that trash and stuff at WLK's that looks like it's been there a while....

I'm only half joking when I say - are you up for a stunt like that woman pulled in the Caylee case???? Go get that trash.

I would not want you to put yourself in danger in any way - but somebody's got to look before it's too late.

Got any big burly guy friends you could put on that mission?

I'm only half joking when I say - are you up for a stunt like that woman pulled in the Caylee case???? Go get that trash.

I would not want you to put yourself in danger in any way - but somebody's got to look before it's too late.

OH my mommya .... at least warn them to wear good gloves..... lol never know what that stuff is... yuckooooooooooo :crazy:

:shocked2:Oh please tell us what he said...please..please

Somer Thompson Case Update

Sheriff Beseler commented that, with a case like this, information is unfolding slowly. He describes the case as being far from "cold". "This case is not a cold case...not by far," Beseler said. "This case remains hot with emerging leads and many pieces of evidence. Our team is very active and will remain so for weeks to come", said Beseler. http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5706428.php

Somer's Mom: I'd Love to Aid Shaniya's Dad

Diena's lawyer, Michael Freed, hinted at progress in the police probe, telling Rodriguez he's "optimistic," based on "the information (authorities have) provided (to him) that they have the person who did this under observation, maybe among other people. They're waiting for certain scientific evidence to come back from certain unique labs around the country. They're putting great resources in to this, and this is really the perfect time for anyone that knows who did this or for the person that did this to help heal the wound that he's caused, not only of this family and the community, but, in fact, the nation. So I think that's just a matter of time before this is resolved and justice is done." http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009...5708139.shtml?tag=cbsnewsTwoColUpperPromoArea

YOU have no idea how hard it was to NOT get that trash. or just unroll the carpet... but the truck was backed up and doors open and front door open..Hey, I will go wherever u need except jail!!!

Every time I see this "Somer's Mom: I'd Love to Aid Shaniya's Dad" it bugs me and I can't really come up with a good reason. It grates on me somehow.

Sadnpod, I think that is very interesting info about the area around the tanks and the creepy areas by the park. I can see teenagers back there, especially since there is a skate park.

When I think of turtles, I wonder if anyone has one of those sandboxes for little kids that are a turtle. They're plastic and maybe Little Tikes. Heavy plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haor.org