FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me if it would be standard procedure for LE to give DT and/or members of her household lie detector tests? I live in Canada and in a recent case up here lie detector tests were given to mom, boyfriend, and even the young brother of the victim.

I do not see anything to implicate DT other then peoples opinions of her tone of voice, words and appearance.

BBM
I think that is the problem! We have nothing to implicate anyone really! Let's face it--there is not a single person who can be definitively excluded. It is just not possible to say with any degree of certainty that a certain person--any person-- is not involved in some way.

I feel for DT and her loss. I have no idea who was responsible for this. But, if we are here to find answers for Somer, then we are shortchanging her if we exclude anyone just because of who they are.

Whoever did this is doing a d*** good job of fooling people. Otherwise this case wouldn't be getting cold.

That being said, I want to go back and make a list of everyone that has been sleuthed or who is connected in anyway, excluding minors. Then I would like to note beside their names (initials) what makes them more or less suspected based on the information we have. I will do this on my own unless anyone else is interested in reviewing everything to see what may have been missed.

I understand that some people have a connection to DT and are defensive of her. But, we don't know what happened. IMO, it doesn't make sense to assume anything for sure about anyone.

I liked what the lawyer said. There is a small minority of people out there that like to victimize the victim.

I think there is a difference of thinking DT may have something to do with this and picking DT apart.

If there is evidence, then yes we need to look at it. But most has nothing to do with anything but picking her apart to look like a horrible person and mother.

I for one have no problem looking at evidence that supports someones theory.

I liked what the lawyer said. There is a small minority of people out there that like to victimize the victim.

Yeah me too. Kinda made me chukle a tiny bit.

BBM
I think that is the problem! We have nothing to implicate anyone really! Let's face it--there is not a single person who can be definitively excluded. It is just not possible to say with any degree of certainty that a certain person--any person-- is not involved in some way.

I feel for DT and her loss. I have no idea who was responsible for this. But, if we are here to find answers for Somer, then we are shortchanging her if we exclude anyone just because of who they are.

Whoever did this is doing a d*** good job of fooling people. Otherwise this case wouldn't be getting cold.

That being said, I want to go back and make a list of everyone that has been sleuthed or who is connected in anyway, excluding minors. Then I would like to note beside their names (initials) what makes them more or less suspected based on the information we have. I will do this on my own unless anyone else is interested in reviewing everything to see what may have been missed.

I understand that some people have a connection to DT and are defensive of her. But, we don't know what happened. IMO, it doesn't make sense to assume anything for sure about anyone.

Who has a connection to DT and are being defensive of her? I have only seen it the other way.

Who has a connection to DT and are being defensive of her? I have only seen it the other way.

I misspoke. I was trying to say they FEEL a connection to her. I meant it figuratively, not literally.

I know the question has been posed here today as to the location the dogs lost Somer's scent.

I knew we had discussed that here before, but i went out to the newlinks looking for documentation and reports on it.. i couldn't find ANY! Other than hearsay on multiple boards which all say "by the Gano house".. I will keep looking - but i agree - it's something to try and nail down for logistical reasons.

I'll post a link if/when i find it :)

BBM

I think you have a great idea, maybe going back to do all that will give us some fresh new ideas and possibilities to sleuth.

I don't have any connection to DT but I guess one mother to another we all feel a connection that way. I don't feel the need to exclude her just because she is mom, it's just that she has been examined alot on here and I don not see anything pointing to her. But I do realize there are parents out there who have been involved in a crime against their own child, and in those cases I have seen the hink, so to speak. Thats why i was asking before about lie detector tests and if would be standard procedure there, because if those tests were done and passed, we could clear mom in alot of peoples minds. And just a thought, but maybe LE has cleared mom and family, but wants the true killer to think they are safe, so it is not reported to media.

I saw the interview and was surprised when Meredith talked about the investigation regarding the kids walking home from school unattended and stated that the authorities concluded that D was an excellent Mother. I thought the conclusion was that D needed to find after school care for the kids?

I really expected the message D had for other parents would be “don’t let your children walk home from school unattended – I was warned and boy do I ever regret not heeding that advice”.

What was the message she had for others? Just love your children? No keep them safe and in sight?

Or don’t put adult responsibilities of keeping a child safe on other children?

D missed an opportunity to caution others and publicly redeem the other kids by taking responsibility.

Actually, I guess she did put in a little about no matter how annoying they are wanting to cook and having to cleanup after them do it anyway.

I do have sympathy for her but she really didn’t come off as sympathetic to me IMO But I don’t think she did anything directly to Somer I suspect a SO taking advantage of an unattended child.

Do the other kids still walk home from school by themselves?

I knew this was gonna happen.

She wiped the wrong corner of her eye, she's there to sell pictures, she's there to defend the recent article, she went to NY without her kids...

Couldn't she have been there so the world would not forget her beautiful daughter? To let the world know the monster who killed her baby is still walking the streets? Maybe to warn parents and bring the horrible reality that people kill our kids in the spotlight?

Ok. We know you love DT. No matter how many times it's said, people are making their own determinations of why they think certain things based on knowledge and past experiences

I have lots of suspects in mind, including her. Here's another question.

On the MPR, she gives the Jacksonville address, but it appears she worked at OP that day. What happened in the intervening time?

A person that works with her states that AT calls everyday. So why did DT have to call SP?

There are more questions, but what do people think?

I think those are good questions.

Is the JAX office considered the main office? I have worked for companies in one location, but I give the corporate address for my employer info. If it's not the main office then it is a question that I would like to know an answer to.

I didn't see the point of DT & lawyer asking to do this interview? To keep the story alive? To sell the pictures? IDK.

Thanks for this....... I said this exact same thing about 45 minutes ago. Such a long way to go to do the interview when it could have been done in a local studio in Jax.

I didn't see the point of DT & lawyer asking to do this interview? To keep the story alive? To sell the pictures? IDK.

This is the third month anniversary of Somer's death.
I am so glad Somer's murder gone national press at this time.
It is so hard to keep stories missing and murdered persons out there.
Thanks to god morn for inviting DT.
At least the story is still alive, getting attention--they talked about reward fund, tip line....i hope it generates some tips.
I just hope it never gets to be a cold case.
Any attention keeps the momentum going.
Justice for Somer--that tome is the message that came across.

I know the question has been posed here today as to the location the dogs lost Somer's scent.

I knew we had discussed that here before, but i went out to the newlinks looking for documentation and reports on it.. i couldn't find ANY! Other than hearsay on multiple boards which all say "by the Gano house".. I will keep looking - but i agree - it's something to try and nail down for logistical reasons.

I'll post a link if/when i find it :)

There was a news report I saw. I can't remember the day. It showed someone talking to a reporter. The person was working with the dogs and said that they lost the scent on the street a little past the Gano house. But I wasn't paying that much attention.

Maybe Noway has it on her list of things to look at.

BTW, NoWay has a beyond excellent list that has tons of stuff if people want to look at it. It might point you in the direction of what you are looking for.

May I suggest instead of saying we need to sleuth, that people actually do look at some of these things . Many that have gone before you have put tons of work into it. There are maps, video's, interviews, news stories.

Many of us have looked at them and come to some conclusions from them. But it certainly doesn't hurt to have new eyes.

I think those are good questions.

Is the JAX office considered the main office? I have worked for companies in one location, but I give the corporate address for my employer info. If it's not the main office then it is a question that I would like to know an answer to.

I imagine it could be considered to be the main address. But on the police report, people aren't asking for your resume. The police are looking for info.

Not being snarky, here.. Just doesn't make sense.

Thanks for this....... I said this exact same thing about 45 minutes ago. Such a long way to go to do the interview when it could have been done in a local studio in Jax.

Oh...for heavens sake-
I would crawl on my knees to the other side of the earth to get my message out about my murdered child--
wouldn't any parent???????:waitasec:

I imagine it could be considered to be the main address. But on the police report, people aren't asking for your resume. The police are looking for info.

Not being snarky, here.. Just doesn't make sense.

I completely agree with you. But, I was trying to find a justification for the discrepancy. In my scenario, the company I worked for had a location on about every street corner (CVS) and I worked in various stores depending on the need.

Have we determined that she worked in OP that day for sure? I know I read it in a comment on another site, but has it been confirmed?

This is the third month anniversary of Somer's death.
I am so glad Somer's murder gone national press at this time.
It is so hard to keep stories missing and murdered persons out there.
Thanks to god morn for inviting DT.
At least the story is still alive, getting attention--they talked about reward fund, tip line....i hope it generates some tips.
I just hope it never gets to be a cold case.
Any attention keeps the momentum going.
Justice for Somer--that tome is the message that came across.

They didn't invite her, she invited herself.

Ok. We know you love DT. No matter how many times it's said, people are making their own determinations of why they think certain things based on knowledge and past experiences

I have lots of suspects in mind, including her. Here's another question.

On the MPR, she gives the Jacksonville address, but it appears she worked at OP that day. What happened in the intervening time?

A person that works with her states that AT calls everyday. So why did DT have to call SP?

There are more questions, but what do people think?

I think she called SP because she did not hear from AT----I am assuming that AT would call her after she and the twins got home from school (not during school or on her way home). AT may not have had time to call because she went out to look for Somer and DT was worried she didn't hear from her and called/texted SP. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven