FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh...for heavens sake-
I would crawl on my knees to the other side of the earth to get my message out about my murdered child--
wouldn't any parent???????:waitasec:

:waitasec: Just a note there is a studio in Jax downtown that can plug into these shows and station to do live interviews.

They didn't invite her, she invited herself.

Well then good for her for inviting herself and for godmorn agreeing to have her on ! If they didn't feel the story and that Somer's murder anniversary was news worthy, they would have said no.

:waitasec: Just a note there is a studio in Jax downtown that can plug into these shows and station to do live interviews.

This is good to know for reference. There have been and are numerous families of missing and murdered in the area that have begged for press and media attention. I think we should add them as a resource/connection above if they are willing to air such stories at request.
Thanks for this good news.
Do you have a contact name, number, email?
Let us get some more attention to the missing, murdered and cold cases!!!!

This is good to know for reference. There have been and are numerous families of missing and murdered in the area that have begged for press and media attention. I think we should add them as a reference/connection above if they are willing to air such stories at request.
Thanks for this good news.
Do you have a contact name, number, email?
Let us get some more attention to the missing, murdered and cold cases!!!!

Hawlk Studios in downtown Jax does this they have been known to plug into CNN and Nancy Grace and the Morning show also plus many more. But I do think the shows actually have to request the interviews. That's why I said it could have been done from there in Jax instead of New York.

I completely agree with you. But, I was trying to find a justification for the discrepancy. In my scenario, the company I worked for had a location on about every street corner (CVS) and I worked in various stores depending on the need.

Have we determined that she worked in OP that day for sure? I know I read it in a comment on another site, but has it been confirmed?

No, it hasn't been confirmed. Perhaps her co-worker lied and said that she was working at the OP office thinking that helps DT.

One never knows people motivations.

I liked what the lawyer said. There is a small minority of people out there that like to victimize the victim.

He also brought up the ""crime of opportunity"" theory and that circa 75 kids were walking home in that direction that day.

I think this is very likely--it is such a small window of time. Very scary.
Guess anything is possible.
Hoping they catch this monster soon

I think she called SP because she did not hear from AT----I am assuming that AT would call her after she and the twins got home from school (not during school or on her way home). AT may not have had time to call because she went out to look for Somer and DT was worried she didn't hear from her and called/texted SP. jmo

Why didn't DT call AT if she didn't hear from AT? I am basing this on what appears to me that AT might have had a cell phone? The person that said that DT was working at OP said that AT called her every day. Isn't 4 a little late to start wondering where your children are and why they aren't calling when they have left school around 2:30?

Hawlk Studios in downtown Jax does this they have been known to plug into CNN and Nancy Grace and the Morning show also plus many more. But I do think the shows actually have to request the interviews. That's why I said it could have been done from there in Jax instead of New York.

DT does not produce the show. I really don't think it was left up to her to decide that question.

No, it hasn't been confirmed. Perhaps her co-worker lied and said that she was working at the OP office thinking that helps DT.

One never knows people motivations.

I need to go back and check. But I thought it was posted here by someone that uses that office that the OP office is only opened part time and has one dentist (and one receptionist).
Seems to be that was way back-30 threads or so.....
But wouldn't they also have a dental assistant??
I think I may just have to call the office and ask--alot easier than searching the threads!!

If DT worked in the OP office that day and it actually has that few people, that maybe why she left without telling anyone --which was also said by a co-worker.

All heresay.

Why didn't DT call AT if she didn't hear from AT? I am basing this on what appears to me that AT might have had a cell phone? The person that said that DT was working at OP said that AT called her every day. Isn't 4 a little late to start wondering where your children are and why they aren't calling when they have left school around 2:30?

Good points.
I think it was said that the kids get home around 3.05-3.10.
And didn't DT call/text SP then or did SP call /text DT first??
I don't know if that has been established as fact.
SP supposedly asked AT to go back out to look for Somer and she was gone for 15 min or so, before asked to go out again. Maybe she didn't take her cell if she had one, or used homephone every day to talk to her mom upon arrival home.
And didn't DT get to the park around 4?

I don't think we will ever know the hard facts about lots of things--just my guesses.

I need to go back and check. But I thought it was posted here by someone that uses that office that the OP office is only opened part time and has one dentist (and one receptionist).
Seems to be that was way back-30 threads or so.....
But wouldn't they also have a dental assistant??
I think I may just have to call the office and ask--alot easier than searching the threads!!

If DT worked in the OP office that day and it actually has that few people, that maybe why she left without telling anyone --which was also said by a co-worker.

All heresay.

It makes sense she was working in OP, given she came home for lunch. My 2 lines of thinking if she left without telling anyone, she may have thought she would be back in a jiff or she was really mad.

It makes sense she was working in OP, given she came home for lunch. My 2 lines of thinking if she left without telling anyone, she may have thought she would be back in a jiff or she was really mad.

I agree.
Maybe even scared.

Has anyone EVER heard of a case this was done before?

Detective Kenny West is the lead
investigator on the case and one of his
roles was to interact closely with the family,
keeping them apprised of everything that
was happening. Because the case was so
huge, however, Singletary was assigned to
stay with the family - and he was there night
and day for three weeks.
He believes it was
a good decision to place an officer in the home
because he was there to answer questions,
explain the reasons for police actions and the
process involved in seeking (then preserving)
evidence, assist with the media, and support
the traumatized mother any way he
could.

http://www.justicecoalition.org/newspaper/January2010/VAjan~8.pdf

and day for three weeks. He believes it was
could.

Thanks for the link. Good find.
I haven't seen this article before.
That explains the patrol car outside.

I know LE does this in the UK all the time- esp with child murder cases.
An officer is assigned to be with the family for as long as needed.
I have to think a bit to see if I can recall a US case.

and day for three weeks.
He believes it was
could.

I think this happened because Governor Crist got involved in the case right at the start. I think alot of things we usually do not see in cases is because of his being there.

Good points.
I think it was said that the kids get home around 3.05-3.10.
And didn't DT call/text SP then or did SP call /text DT first??
I don't know if that has been established as fact.
SP supposedly asked AT to go back out to look for Somer and she was gone for 15 min or so, before asked to go out again. Maybe she didn't take her cell if she had one, or used homephone every day to talk to her mom upon arrival home.
And didn't DT get to the park around 4?

I don't think we will ever know the hard facts about lots of things--just my guesses.

If you read the MPR, I think you can deduce that DT texted SP at 4.

So this Hats Off is not just for the Clay
County Sheriff’s Office - from PIO Mary
Justino (who so efficiently kept us all
informed) to Sheriff Beseler and all his officers
to other law enforcement agencies - but it
includes everyone who helped, each in
his/her own way, to ease the awful burden
created by the tragic death of a beautiful little
girl.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4717684&posted=1#post4717684

I think this happened because Governor Crist got involved in the case right at the start. I think alot of things we usually do not see in cases is because of his being there.

Any reason that you think he got involved in this case from the beginning?

At the bottom of the linked article from Dee, I see that there are 8 missing children from the area (7 missing since Nov 09) that they are seeking help to find. Pictures included.
Hoping they can get all get media attention and are found safe and soon!!

and day for three weeks.
He believes it was
could.

Wondering why then she needed a lawyer to assist with the media and be a go between with LE as was specified by DT & her lawyer? This seems very odd & unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa