FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously. And for the last time. How can the sheriff have said "we found her on the front end before she got mixed in with tons of garbage" only to find that, so much for following those trash trucks on their route. Now it's oh, we followed them to the dump in GA. The backend of the process. The very backend!!

This story of them trying to search records a mere two weeks ago to determine what dumpster or truck pickup is unbelievable!!

We knew she was found in Georgia and she was found before she was buried in the dump so I always read that statement as they found her before she was buried with tons of garbage at the dump. I think the police spokeswoman told us just how it was done but she left out they did some searching at the transfer station.

The backend of the process would be buried in the dump.

We knew she was found in Georgia and she was found before she was buried in the dump so I always read that statement as they found her before she was buried with tons of garbage at the dump. I think the police spokeswoman told us just how it was done but she left out they did some searching at the transfer station.

The backend of the process would be buried in the dump.

Holy Mother of OMG..........

When you tell the truth it doesn't require numerous versions that contradict and need further revisions continuously.

Although I wanted/tried to have faith, this latest report on the how the garbage was actually handled vs. how it was originally portrayed to be handled leaves me now wondering. The Sherriff had no comment, but I believe he needs to respond IMO.

GREEN COVE SPRINGS — Somer Thompson’s body may have been found at a Clay County trash site rather than a Georgia landfill if not for a decision to end the local search primarily because of a backup of trash trucks, records and an interview with the county manager show.
An agreement by Alan Altman, Clay’s director of environmental services, and sheriff’s deputies combing the trash site on Oct. 20 ended the search, County Manager Fritz Behring said. That prevented an immediate opportunity to find the truck that picked up Somer’s body, learn the truck’s route and possibly narrow the location where she was killed and dumped.

http://jacksonville.com/community/c..._backup_caused_delay_in_somer_thompson_search

[SNIPPED from link...] Davis, 59, said he saw a group of people, including some deputies, leave the building in the afternoon, shed their boots and drive off. Davis said he took that as a sign Somer had been found elsewhere. He said he was puzzled after later learning Somer hadn’t been found at that time.

“If they would have kept on searching they probably would have found her before they found her in Georgia,” Davis said.

So ANYONE wonder what stopped the search at this moment? Was it the possible crime scene on Miller Street mentioned by reporters questioning mahala (sp?) in that presser - wasn't that live report & media questioning held the afternoon of October 20th?

When you tell the truth it doesn't require numerous versions that contradict and need further revisions continuously.

Never doot (canadian doubt)...

I AM "picking up what you are laying down".

I AM "smelling what you are stepping in".

I AM "reading your mail".

I AM just not sure what you kids are calling "it" these days.

It would be AWFUL to hear of more child *advertiser censored* charges because of the poor children involved. IF JH is the murderer, it would be good to hear of murder charges, but right now, without hearing anything about HOW he is connected to Somer I would hesitate to say that I would be glad to hear he is charged for her murder because I want to see the evidence against him before I would say that. LE would be stupid NOT to name him a POI just from the fact of where he lived and then being charged with the *advertiser censored* and child molestation.

Of course, he is a POI! Why wouldn't he be? The town of Orange Park would be in an uproar if they had NOT considered him a POI at this point, but I don't have him convicted of Somer's murder yet without any evidence being released. We have not heard any FACTS released about what LE has that connects him to Somer. All we keep hearing from LE is that he is a POI but his *advertiser censored* charges are not connected to Somer's disappearance and murder.

Just catching up and wanted to respond since I was quoted.

Of course I don't want there to be more child *advertiser censored* charges!!! What they have on him is enough sickness. I hope he didn't do any more things to other children as well.

What I said was a general statement that I hope there are more charges. I guess I thought everyone would know what I meant.

I meant, if JH is Somer's killer, wouldn't it be nice to see him charged for it???

And, of course we have not seen the evidence LE has. Why would we see the evidence now?

I'm sure they have evidence. JMO I think he's the killer and they will charge him. Buy, that's an opinion that is based on what I believe, not what I've seen yet.

JMO

Yes, an opinion. We have heard plenty of those. Could you sit on a jury and convict him on Corey's statement alone?

Do you think that would be all they had if they charge him and it goes to trial?

Corey's statement did give a hint that they think they have him.

I'm pretty sure there is evidence. But, we don't know about it yet. It will all come out if and when he is charged.

Do you think that would be all they had if they charge him and it goes to trial?

I'm pretty sure there is evidence. But, we don't know about it yet. It will all come out if and when he is charged.

I'm glad you are confident, because I'm not. Show me that evidence.

This is the noon report on First Coast News.

Searching for Somer Thompson

10/20/09 12 p.m. Report

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...001#/Searching+for+Somer+Thompson/49317740001

During this, they still were saying that Somer was seen near DeBarry and Gano. Includes interview with Sheriff. He says they are working with scent discriminating dogs. I don't know whether that means they can discriminate live vs. deceased.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Teaching-Scent-Discrimination&id=335951

Search dogs who are "air scenting" usually are not required to be scent discriminating. Their area of expertise is to locate the freshest human scent, living or dead, which lies within the search area. On the other hand, a Scent Discrimination Dog is usually most often a dog that must be trained to locate a particular subject and usually is trained to follow a trail. The Scent Discrimination Dog is brought out at the beginning of a search for a lost or missing subject in order to try to pinpoint a P.L.S. (place last seen) and also to determine a Direction of Travel.

It is the task of the handler to train the dog to discriminate scent. There are many many ways to do this. Two pre-requisites are that the dog being trained does indeed have a good "nose" for this task and also that he is motivated to do so. The handler's task is to build a pattern of scent discrimination carefully and consistently. The motivation should be highly rewarding to the dog, whether it be a special toy, a lot of "hugs and kisses", or food treats. Training carefully with short exercises and building up slowly to longer and more complicated problems is absolutely vital.

More at link

Just catching up and wanted to respond since I was quoted.

Of course I don't want there to be more child *advertiser censored* charges!!! What they have on him is enough sickness. I hope he didn't do any more things to other children as well.

What I said was a general statement that I hope there are more charges. I guess I thought everyone would know what I meant.

I meant, if JH is Somer's killer, wouldn't it be nice to see him charged for it???

And, of course we have not seen the evidence LE has. Why would we see the evidence now?

I'm sure they have evidence. JMO I think he's the killer and they will charge him. Buy, that's an opinion that is based on what I believe, not what I've seen yet.

JMO

What do you base your belief that he is the killer on?

Law Enforcement naming him a POI?
He lived on Somer's route home?
He was arrested on child *advertiser censored* charges which are not connected to somer's case?
Just a feeling?

Do you hope he is charged with murder even if he didn't do it?

Just wondering if you (or anyone else) could convict him for murder based on the evidence we know of at this time.

What if JH has some kind of receipt for a purchase made in Callahan on October 19th at around 3:00 p.m.? What if the evidence shows he was downloading another batch of *advertiser censored* or making another video at that time, say at his mother's house in Callahan? I'm not saying this is the case because I have no idea where he was nor what he was doing on Oct. 19 at 3:00 p.m., but IF it is, would that change your beliefs about him being the killer?

No, I think they would have a lot more than corey's statement if they charge him. What she believes is not evidence. The sheriff has not come out and said that he believes they have the killer and everyone can be at ease now. AFAIK, he hasn't changed his statement that everybody is a suspect except himself.

Tarabull ... you asked about the timing of press conferences on Tuesday:

This Mahla presser was 430 pm or so on Tuesday. He talks about "as of 3 o'clock today we have X tips we are following up on."

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21352846/index.html

The one was Tuesday 11 a.m. or so.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21350503/index.html

Thanks noway - THAT's the presser (the one at 430) I was referring to - and the questions by the reporter (about a possible crimescene at Miller by the tracks) are made at the 10:55 minute mark:

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21352846/index.html

Could this (a false alarm sts) be what prompted the group of individuals to stop searching through the garbage trucks at Rosemary?

(ETA: I say FALSE ALARM because reporter asks about photographers, hounds, etc...at miller near the tracks & he replies something like we've found nothing to lead us to her whereabouts)

What do you base your belief that he is the killer on?

Law Enforcement naming him a POI?
He lived on Somer's route home?
He was arrested on child *advertiser censored* charges which are not connected to somer's case?
Just a feeling?

Do you hope he is charged with murder even if he didn't do it?

Just wondering if you (or anyone else) could convict him for murder based on the evidence we know of at this time.

What if JH has some kind of receipt for a purchase made in Callahan on October 19th at around 3:00 p.m.? What if the evidence shows he was downloading another batch of *advertiser censored* or making another video at that time, say at his mother's house in Callahan? I'm not saying this is the case because I have no idea where he was nor what he was doing on Oct. 19 at 3:00 p.m., but IF it is, would that change your beliefs about him being the killer?
personally, I will cross that bridge if that bridge ever even appears. (my opinion on what you are asking).

I personally want to see the person who did this convicted.. not forced into a mold.

All that being said, the police will do their job and I am sure when he is finally charged (did you read all of the legal info??? they could very well be going to the grand jury so we might never know until the indictment comes down) and goes to trial we will find out all the details and all the evidence.

If the evidence doesn't fit he won't be charged. End of story.

As to do I THINK he did it right now? My opinion is yes, I think he did.

Would I continue to think he did it if someone else is arrested and no evidence ties him to Somer? No I would not. But right now, knowing what we know. I think he did it. Because LE tells everyone we can rest easy now... and they have all the time in the world. (what does that say to you? That a killer is still out there? or perhaps that they are getting all their evidence in a row and have all the time to do so because he is in jail)

---------------------------------

other topic: has everyone seen the letter that JH's exstepfather wrote? OMG is that man nuts!
http://www.news4jax.com/download/2010/0311/22811825.pdf

I missed the part where LE tells everyone to rest easy now...

ETA: Tho one less person involved in child *advertiser censored* off the streets might be a reason to rest easy.

I missed the part where LE tells everyone to rest easy now...

ETA: Tho one less person involved in child *advertiser censored* off the streets might be a reason to rest easy.
it was paraphrased and it was in regards to the somer's case. The link is in the last thread

eta: my bad it was the state's prosecutor... who works hand in hand with LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member