FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to say. The problem is that LE have no real incentive to say anything either way. If it is him, they can take their time proceeding with the case. And if it isn't him they have him on other stuff and it serves their interests for everyone to think that it is him since it would lull whoever else might have done it into a false sense of security.

BBM

That's a really good point!

Does anyone have a link to that particular statement made by Corey? I have never seen it before i saw it posted on here, so i don't know what scource it actually came from? TIA.

Yes, she had the reporters in her office when she made it, and they even asked her about it again for clarification and she said she stood by her words. I will try to find it.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22708293/detail.html

Meanwhile, Corey said the child-molestation and *advertiser censored* charges Harrell faces give investigators time to keep him in jail as they work on the Somer Case.

"With Harrell being arrested on these other charges, it gives us the luxury of time to work the physical evidence in the Somer case, and that's what we are doing," Corey said.

She said investigators have time on their side and they want to get all the facts and evidence in line. Corey said Harrell is not going anywhere.

"I think the community who has grieved for Somer, has prayed and worried with all of us, can be at ease right now," Corey said.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22708293/detail.htm

Meanwhile, Corey said the child-molestation and *advertiser censored* charges Harrell faces give investigators time to keep him in jail as they work on the Somer Case.

"With Harrell being arrested on these other charges, it gives us the luxury of time to work the physical evidence in the Somer case, and that's what we are doing," Corey said.

She said investigators have time on their side and they want to get all the facts and evidence in line. Corey said Harrell is not going anywhere.

"I think the community who has grieved for Somer, has prayed and worried with all of us, can be at ease right now," Corey said.

Thanks Dr. Fess, I just clicked on the link and my computer came up with "this webpage can not be found", and listed the reasons as to why.
One of them said something about it perhaps being outdated.

Just tried typing it into my address bar, and same deal, the webpage couldn't be found. Maybe the article has been removed?

I see what is wrong. LOL LOL I left the L off of html. Sorry

I see what is wrong. LOL LOL I left the L off of html. Sorry

LOL, I clicked on it and it worked this time. Yes, it is an interesting article and she seems pretty certain in what she says. Corey that is. It is like she is reassuring people.

But the implication of the discussion of "POI" in that article is that at this point (whenever the interview was given) they don't have enough evidence to charge him, otherwise he would be called a "suspect". I think that if they did have enough evidence, but hadn't charged him yet, they would be calling him a suspect, not a POI. That gives some hint of where they are at from an evidentiary point of view.

News Advisory

Somer Thompson Press Conference Scheduled for NOON Today

Source - firstcoastnews.com, Good Morning Jacksonville broadcast, today, 3/26/2010

I hope this is arrest!!!!!

me tooo. its either going to be jh or the older man recently arrestted. idk? just seems odd that jh has been in jail alll this time and nothing much moved forwared and then after this other arrest something develops soon after, but with jh I feel he is a good suspect, and maybe test results are back from early on, but its good something major has popped up....

I feel JUSTICE coming.................................................................

bumping this up! It says it all!

wow... I didn't get to the end of the thread before bumping Doc's post up!!! but freaking woo hoo!!!!!!!!!! I hope this is the day for Somer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nursestump