FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get those from the JSO web or the CCSO web? If from CCSO can you tell me how to do that one? I can't figure that one out.
Never mind I think I just figured it out. I need more coffee! Thanks anyway

Interesting that the address listing is an error that nobody cares to clear up out of the database.

Female acquaintance is? Mother, sis, X, friend who works at or for school? There to borrow cash? I have hard time with-day laborer hired on Monday only to work on the house-only cos it is too damn easy even tho it seems nobody bothered to check vacant house until after she was found!

Not hard for me...probably only took half an hour (not enough time for everyone to realize she's missing & for people to start retracing her steps from school) to feed his urge, put her body in a box or trash bag, took it to his vehicle, closed up the house, left. Dumped the box or bag in a dumpster along the way & nobody noticed a thing. By the time the search for Somer was in full force, he was gone for good.

The Moon Bar is/was @ Jax Bch completly on other side of town frm Orange Park.

Yeah. My guess is that he used to work there...since he knew the number. And I believe one of his previous addresses was in Jax. I'm just scratching my head as to why he was in the neighboorhood...and find it even more odd that he is listed on the report.

Just managed to get caught up with Somer's threads. Such a horrible tragedy. My heart goes out to her family at this difficult time.

In regards to the arrests made at the same address as where Somer lived, wasn't there a vigil at that address that night? Perhaps these people were known to police and were wanted for a previous crime and were picked up there?

No local SOs ... is CG considered local if he came from Texas?

Yeah. My guess is that he used to work there...since he knew the number. And I believe one of his previous addresses was in Jax. I'm just scratching my head as to why he was in the neighboorhood...and find it even more odd that he is listed on the report.

Doesn't this mean that LE talked to him during their initial search? Or is this a mistake (him being listed).

The arrests had to have happened very early in the morning. They were no. 2, 3, 4, and 5.

It would be very unlikely that he just decided to offer up information to an officer who was asking questions in the area regarding a missing child considering his past record, whether he had anything to do with it or not. It would be very interesting to see what he told the officer and how he came to be questioned. I also find it hard to believe that he gave his real name and birth date unless he was asked to produce some identification.

It would be very unlikely that he just decided to offer up information to an officer who was asking questions in the area regarding a missing child considering his past record, whether he had anything to do with it or not. It would be very interesting to see what he told the officer and how he came to be questioned. I also find it hard to believe that he gave his real name and birth date unless he was asked to produce some identification.

Good point.

If he provided ID, did it have the home address shown in the report?

Were those that have him listed in the media report on 10/21 aware that LE had talked to him on 10/19?

Did LE really know where he was that whole time and it was a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing?

Does anyone know the age of CG's victim(s) other than "minor"?

I'm still trying to find the video of the person saying SOs don't usually/normally move out of their targeted age range.

Thought it was on JVM but am not finding it. Found some other things I wanted to note.

And one of the things we need to do is break down that map and take the ones who had -- were 19 when they had sex with a 17-year-old and separate them out from the predators going after the 9- and 8- and 7-year- olds. We`ve got a lot of work to do in this country.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0910/21/ijvm.01.html

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes, let`s go -- Curtis, let`s go over this in detail. There are 161 convicted sex offenders living within a five-mile radius of little Somer`s home. One sixty-one.

Of that number, 16 are classified as serious predators. Now, that usually means that person was convicted of a first-degree felony sex offense, many times involving the molestation of children. These are the really dangerous ones, but they`re lumped in with the others. So it`s really hard to focus on them.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0910/22/ijvm.01.html

After checking out their website
http://www.claycountygov.com/Depart...own_of_Orange_Park_#The_Town_of_Orange_Park_I called the City of Orange Park---Public works and inquired about the types of pick up the do.
They were very kind and provided the information as to what types of pick up they do. The lady stated that they collect local, household refuse, in containers, at the curbside. They also do dumpsters for local businesses But...they do not do construction dumpsters. Construction dumpsters are handled by private contractors hired by the construction site.
All refuse collected, both privately contracted and City works is transported to Rosemary Hill Landfill, in Clay County. Rosemary Hill Landfill http://www.wastemap.org/Facility-Profile.cfm?idsFacility=15 RMH then transports the refuse from Rosemary Hill to Georgia landfill.
Now this really raises the question...if the refuse collection truck that LE followed went first to Rosemary Hill then how in the world did LE know to go to the Ga. landfill site?
In my mind right now, there is no way LE followed a local city refuse collection truck and wound up in Ga. He (LE) would have had to of followed a refuse truck from Rosemary Hill to the Ga. landfill.
I'm really scratching my head on this one.
Also the contractor for the dumpsters at the burned house is "Amason." Going to look for them now.

Not hard for me...probably only took half an hour (not enough time for everyone to realize she's missing & for people to start retracing her steps from school) to feed his urge, put her body in a box or trash bag, took it to his vehicle, closed up the house, left. Dumped the box or bag in a dumpster along the way & nobody noticed a thing. By the time the search for Somer was in full force, he was gone for good.

Very possible indeed! but I still have problem with so/perp dumb enough to use a vacant house & one that he can be traced back to so easily but I suppose they are that dumb or none would ever get busted right?

eta.. had to return to say your scenario is a damn good one & hope le has also come up with it or something very close!

Regarding the SRO on the police report...

He has an arrest for evading arrest in 1994 in TX.

He has an arrest for failure to register in 2000 in FL for which he spent a year in FL jail (11/2003 - 11/2004).

The reason I am looking at him is because:

- judging by his arrest records, he does not want to go to jail. And may do anything to avoid it.
- he lied to the officer who took the police report info regarding his address and his place of employment
- he went missing for 3 days and may have fled to TX
- let's face it, he's an SRO and we know he was physically there at the location where LE took the report - why?

Perhaps he joined up with the family during the search as a way to establish an alibi. I realize this does not give him a whole lot of time to do what he had to do, but the police were not called until 5 pm.

A lot can be done between 2:45 to 5 pm.

I believe this is where they were arrested, not the address they gave as their own.

(Would have quoted post but wasn't an option. Originally posted by Michellew/2Ls (#673) http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90598&page=27 on second-to-last page of previous thread.)

Would like to know what it was they were doing at that address when they were arrested? Why hasn't any of this been in the news?

Would like to know what it was they were doing at that address when they were arrested? Why hasn't any of this been in the news?[/QUOTe
maybe to keep the focus on finding Somers killer

Please stop posting the address and the police report. These contain private information on INNOCENT people.

Please go back and edit your posts otherwise this thread will be closed indefinitely.

:cow:

Maz

If the information is not redacted in the record, then would it be a public record?

Also the contractor for the dumpsters at the burned house is "Amason." Going to look for them now.

We've had to use dumpsters during construction on our home.

Basically, you call and have the dumpster company bring the dumpster to your home. You then call them to have it picked up when it is full and, possibly, replaced with an empty one. It's not like you are on a regular route or anything.

It does appear that the dumpster in the driveway has stuff in it from the video that I've seen. Since it is unlikely that any work was done at the house since before Somer went missing, the fact that there is debris in the dumpster makes it unlikely that there was a pickup and delivery since then.

I'm thinking the body may have been brought from the house to a business dumpster.

OMG, could you imagine if the guy simply left her in a black garbage back for the garbage pickup on the curb? Could that have been possible?

I suppose anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member