FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad has the impression that LE knows who did it.
Dad is religious.
Dad staying for a few days, working on relationship with his children.
Says their is friction between wife and him, but he prays for her.
He says fire in eyes of LE.
Dad says that man can't hide under rocks etc......prays God will find him
Dad says there is a special place in h3ll for monster
Dad says he has to forgive because God says so.
Typing so fast ( for me) sorry if I made mistakes!

I really wish grief counselors and preachers would quit the emotional manipulations of victims by telling them so quickly that they have to forgive non Christian brothers and child killers. How that trend got started, I'll never understand.

it was a teen age girl that killed Elizabeth........I always assumed it was a boy!

I want to go on record right now that I do not believe that Somer's mother, brothers or sister had anything to do with her murder.

Nada. Zip.

Me too. This whole line of thinking feels wrong.

Not blaming BSU for the change in direction, but it's all your fault!

;)

I don't believe mom DID it, I believe mom KNOWs.

ITA.......I think dad has an idea also.........I feel LE has asked the right questions that put them on the right track and video was blanked out and LE being so closd mouth...........

ITA.......I think dad has an idea also.........I feel LE has asked the right questions that put them on the right track and video was blanked out and LE being so closd mouth...........
You know right before the tape blacks out she is coming up with a memory and maybe she said something about some possible evidence she just remembered. Like someones car or truck there.

I really wish grief counselors and preachers would quit the emotional manipulations of victims by telling them so quickly that they have to forgive non Christian brothers and child killers. How that trend got started, I'll never understand.

Everyone reminds about "turning the other cheek." They should start quoting the Old Testament. Forget about forgiveness, start warning about being struck by the wrath of God.

Walking home or not, the 13 year old "big brother" would likely be angry at himself for not keeping his sister from harm. He would also be likely to show anger before tears. Sad. I feel more badly for this kid than the mom.

Thank you for clarifying.

I'm curious as to why the 13yr old is NOT living with Mom in the first place. AND would like to know exactly where he is living...!! Doesn't seem to me he ever walked to / from school with Somer, therefore was never in a position to protect her in the first place.

right?

Has Mom, DT, been able to do anything right up to this point? :banghead: Talk about "Meow"!

This does upset me to see someone dragged through the coals as she is being, especially under the circumstances.. Sorry for my rant... Please be kind to others in thought, words and deed...

I want to go on record right now that I do not believe that Somer's mother, brothers or sister had anything to do with her murder.

Nada. Zip.

I agree with you 100 percent!!

Well hopefully soon we'll all know who did this and that's all that matters to me. Someone off the street and held accountable!

I don't know now. If LE beliees the killer is following the investigation closely, it sounds more like the serial killer type John Walsh talked about. At least someone local, and pathological- someone who likes hearing about his crime. I have trouble imagining a 13 year old that could fit into that profile. There are child killers, but from what I know its more sociopathic, where they kill and don't care. Its not a sexual obsession.

Back to the drawing board.

I agree so much with your comment. I agree that this is most likely a murdering pedophile with a criminal history who lives in or around the area. For me, this is evidenced by disposing the body in nearby trash rather than driving a distance to get rid of it. I have no doubt he is engulfed in his own sense of self importance right now.

And I agree that a 13yo doesn't fit the profile - my gosh, how many people would have to ignore what this child was wearing, doing, and saying, not to mention how he behaved...talk about body language! In my opinion, for the brother to get away with murdering his sister and not be noticed, he would have had to become invisible to LE, family, and all who knew him. just my opinions!

I'm confused.....so DTMom picked up son AT from OPAA and THEN flagged down LE? Wow that's a lot of abbreviations. What I'm saying is that, as per the police report, she (DTMom) picked up son AT at OPAA but she flagged down LE at the intersection of Floyd Circle W and Gano. I assume that means she picked up son AT at OPAA and then headed back in the direction of the school where she flagged down LE?

Hi Shutter

DT also states on the black out video that she waved LE down and they ended up at the OPAA parking lot. That is where is seems as if she stops in mid sentence and was going to continue, or did infact continue with her train of thought and the media/LE did a black out on what she said.
So- all of the OPAA parking lot is suspense.

I don't know what to think!

I just re watched every video and I'm sorry to admit I think there is something really off about the mom. Something is not right! Honestly I get a "susan smith" feeling. Strange because the first time I saw the videos, I did see a grieving mother. Now I see someone who knows what happened. I don't think she did it. I can't help but notice her lack of real tears, or looking at the camera out of the corner of her eye. She seems to do it when she knows she should be crying. Does that make sense?

Why does she keep saying "him" and "monster" when she states that police have given her no cause of death or any other information. I mean for me, as a parent, if I didn't know what happened..I would still want to think maybe an accident or she was hit by a car, etc. I would not want to think the unthinkable....

I'm curious as to why the 13yr old is NOT living with Mom in the first place. AND would like to know exactly where he is living...!! Doesn't seem to me he ever walked to / from school with Somer, therefore was never in a position to protect her in the first place.

right?

I saw a better pic of him earlier but is this the same kid - I mean is it him walking behind mom???

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Somer Thompson/dienaandrew.jpg

If so would love to here BSU theory on the body language.

Please don't get mad - but I'm gonna throw out a theory involving older brother.

So far we think that he is 1/2 bro - right?

And we don't know that he does not live at the home - do we?

What if older brother was troubled and had made threats or dark statements prior to this event - that's why Mom was so worried right away that this was not the same as some other times when Somer might have been late.

What if SP was ther to help deal with older brother? And was to wait there for him to come home too? Mom might have confided in him the troubles she was having with him. This might explain his silence. He knows too.

Mom went right to older brother. I need to click the report again - do we know where older brother was after being picked up? Did he help search that day like the other kids?

Maybe Mom was seeking help with a first child, who she might have thought could be an Indigo Child, thus, the help from her friend SP.
Maybe Mom and SP were discussing the older child (son?) over lunch at the house before the kids got home from school so that they wouldn't hear the conversation.

Just thinking out loud.

Has Mom, DT, been able to do anything right up to this point? Talk about "Meow"!

This does upset me to see someone dragged through the coals as she is being, especially under the circumstances.. Sorry for my rant... Please be kind to others in thought, words and deed...

I have to strongly disagree with this. Whether you believe DT had nothing to do with it or not, people here have been walking on eggshells since the murder when it comes to Diena. In terms of sleuthing, I think every avenue should be explored as long as people don't get foul about it. If anything, I think people have been very cognizant of the unpopularity of the topic and have been overly diplomatic.

I personally don't feel DT was involved, at least directly, but I don't think making the subject taboo is fruitful, either. How many crimes would be unsolved if everyone was like "Poor dear, this has to be a nightmare" every time a relative was involved with a disappearance?

LE hasn't publicly cleared her, so I'm not really seeing why we (as a discussion group) should either.

Somer's dad also said that the oldest boy is 13 years old.

As far as LE advising or not allowing the family to view the body, remember that she went from the dumpster to the trash truck and then into the landfill. A lot of trash trucks compact the trash. I'm not going to spell it out but you can just imagine the damage that would cause.:(

And the heat generated from the trash - and decomp

it was a teen age girl that killed Elizabeth........I always assumed it was a boy!

Yep! And NG said she knows who it was, and the girl doesn't live with her parents but rather with a guardian. It seems we were right! (check Elizabeth's thread)

I don't know what to think!

I just re watched every video and I'm sorry to admit I think there is something really off about the mom. Something is not right! Honestly I get a "susan smith" feeling. Strange because the first time I saw the videos, I did see a grieving mother. Now I see someone who knows what happened. I don't think she did it. I can't help but notice her lack of real tears, or looking at the camera out of the corner of her eye. She seems to do it when she knows she should be crying. Does that make sense?

Why does she keep saying "him" and "monster" when she states that police have given her no cause of death or any other information. I mean for me, as a parent, if I didn't know what happened..I would still want to think maybe an accident or she was hit by a car, etc. I would not want to think the unthinkable....

I think it is natural when your daughter has not been found with a massive search going on that a monster got her and a guy is the most likely.

I'll go on record that I don't feel there was anything that mother did that directly caused her daughter's death. Sister I feel is innocent in every way, as well as twin. Not sold on the innocence of the older brother.
I think that later, once everyone is done being nice, there will be things that come out in the wash, like lack of supervision on the kids, possibly some less than savory company around the kids, that type of thing. Things that DT could have done to keep Somer safer, and everyone will pick at those for awhile. I think she could have done more prior to the day Somer went missing and her guilt may be telling her, "You knew something bad would happen, what right do you have to cry? This is your fault," and that could be influencing her behavior.

I know that hindsight is 20/20. I also think I am a very overprotective parent but are there more things that I could do to keep my kids safer? I'm sure there is since I do not keep my children with me 24/7. I'm not a perfect parent so I know that there are things that I could change. I am certain that you are right, eventually people will be saying she should have done this or that. I honestly believe that people do this so they can feel that their children are safe because for example they would never let their child walk home alone. Personally, I wish our society would get back to blaming the criminal, instead of how they were raised. Or what we should have done to keep from being a victim. JMO (and certainly not saying you were blaming anyone...that is just one of my many pet peeves).

oh! dad says he won't be surprised if their is an arrest tomorrow!

I wonder if they PLANNED an arrest for tomorrow bc they wanted to give family time today and yesterday to grieve and bury her. I wonder if someone in the family or close family friend will be arrested tomm?
I wonder if anyone took lie detecting tests on this?? Usually a parent like Mr. Klass offered one and took one and passed so they can concentrate on finding the killers. The Anthonys rejected to take any polys.

I heard the fight was with other classmates at school but then heard she has fights with her siblings on her way home, anyone know for sure??
I STILL find S babysitting them that day for the first time weird. Many people dont take time on their lunch hour to go home and meet a man they are not dating, just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim