Identified! FL - St Petersburg, WhtFem, 14-17, pushed into traffic, Jun'73 - Janice Young

Most people sign up for Facebook under their real names so it's easier to find someone by name. And you can send them a message whether you're a "friend" or not.

I see 12 Bromkes out there, some are from PA and 1 from Cherry Hill NJ.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

I wonder if this could be Kathy?http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US The blue eyes & the nose really stood out for me! Has this JD, already been ruled out? :confused:
I know Kathy would've been missing for almost a year when this happened, but, I keep looking at Kathy's school picture, she looks so sad, maybe she had just lost a boyfriend or someone that she loved, when the pic was taken, but, her eyes are just so sad.. I mean that like maybe she was not a happy girl at home for whatever reason & ran away that summer.. Another scenario, is that she just wanted to go to Florida and vacation with friends, then decided to stay, I don't really know!
:bang: But, when I was 15, me and friends got a little crazy and took off towards Florida, didn't quite make it there, we stopped at Gulfport, we stayed for 8 days, when I got back home though, I was in serious trouble, I didn't tell my parents when we left, waited until we stopped at Gulfport, made a collect call and told them then, they weren't frantic about me being gone for 3 days before I called, it was summer & I usually stayed weekends with a close friend anyway, but that was early 70's, we could be a little more carefree as teenagers, or so we believed! I thought I would share one of my little adventures, my own experiences have helped my reasoning skills later in life! Honestly!
I'm kind of thankful that I didn't know about all the pervs & serial killers, back then, I never would've left home!
I'll wait to see if you all agree, before I call or email this in...
:)blushing: PS: I posted this in the Missing Children's Forum & took it down, because that was just for Notices of Missing Children, no discussions & I have searched every thread to make sure no one else had put this on here)

Wow! I think Kathy is a strong resemblence to the UID. Too bad we don't have a pic of Kathy smiling so we could compare her teeth to the UID's..the UID's teeth had a distintive look.

Christine and Believe are very good sleuthers here. See what they think and see if you should turn it in!! I think they will back you up!!

Chaddylex:)

Kathy had multiple healed leg fractures. It would be interesting to see the autopsy report on JD.

Wow, they certainly do look alike! Good eye, MadeaBecBec! There's is a height descrepency, but those aren't always accurate.

Their ears, especially, are very similar.

Kathy had multiple healed leg fractures. It would be interesting to see the autopsy report on JD.

Maybe someone could call and ask the coroner or medical examiner to look into it. Ask them about the leg fractures.

Here is the link to the UID on the NamUs website:
https://identifyus.org/report.php?p=individual&i=1342

There is an email address for the MedEx-I would send an email asking if the UID had healed leg fractures and if she has been compared to your missing child....nice work! :blowkiss:

Thank you for that info! I have an email drafted... I was just researching where to send it (my laptop must've got overloaded and shut down, I had to go to desktop) and I will do that now, so, maybe I will get something back soon! I'll be posting as soon as I do! :)

I think this is one of the saddest I've ever seen...surely someone knows who she is!!!

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/381uffl.html

Reconstruction of Victim by National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on June 9, 1973 in St. Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 14 - 17 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1" (155 cm); 110 lbs (50 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark auburn hair, wavy shoulder length; deep blue eyes.
Dentals: Her front tooth was chipped, but it is not clear whether the chip was present prior to her death.
Clothing/Jewelry: Purple pant suit. Pair of earrings.
Other: She has used the name Janice Marie Brock, and friends knew her as "Maria" or "Marie".
Fingerprints: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
On June 9, 1973, this unidentified child was pushed in front of a moving vehicle in St. Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida, and died at the scene, at 11 Avenue & 8 Street S. in St. Petersburg. According to witnesses, she was involved in an altercation with a black male prior to being pushed into the path of the vehicle.
She was new to the area, and was believed to have been a runaway from an unknown location. She had been living in the area for a few weeks prior to death and was believed to be a runaway associated with drug related activity.

This is one of the saddest cases I've seen...someone must have known her!!!

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on June 9, 1973 in St. Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida.

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 14 - 17 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1" (155 cm); 110 lbs (50 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark auburn hair, wavy shoulder length; deep blue eyes.
Dentals: Her front tooth was chipped, but it is not clear whether the chip was present prior to her death.
Clothing/Jewelry: Purple pant suit. Pair of earrings.
Other: She has used the name Janice Marie Brock, and friends knew her as "Maria" or "Marie".
Fingerprints: Available

Case History
On June 9, 1973, this unidentified child was pushed in front of a moving vehicle in St. Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida, and died at the scene, at 11 Avenue & 8 Street S. in St. Petersburg. According to witnesses, she was involved in an altercation with a black male prior to being pushed into the path of the vehicle.
She was new to the area, and was believed to have been a runaway from an unknown location. She had been living in the area for a few weeks prior to death and was believed to be a runaway associated with drug related activity.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
St. Petersburg Police Department
Homicide Unit
727-893-7164
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
73-46184

NCMEC #: NCMC400072

NCIC Number:
N/A
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/381uffl.html

Sorry I started another thread on the "Unidentified" section - has anyone been able to find out anything on this...it seems like there is lots of info....

We are all trying to find a match for this child!
I started a thread herein the Unidentified forum : http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78442

I have not heard back from the ME about the possible match, but sent a follow up email, so maybe I'll hear something soon!! I'll try to post in all of the threads, whatever I find out....

I haven't heard back from ME or LE on this one, but sent a follow-up email to to both, I also sent a copy of email to the Cold Case Unit in Michigan, hopefully someone will let us know what's going on with this case!!
There's 3 threads on this Jane, one in the Cold Case forum here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3539632#post3539632
and another in this forum here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82278 (Not alot in this thread)
Should these all be combined? Or should I bring some info here from the Cold Case thread?

I will let everyone know if I hear back from anybody!

Jeremiah 29:11-14

What about UID 67UFFL as being Kathy Wilcox?
That's a very strong possibility!! :bananalama:(here's the link for others: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/67uffl.html )
I wish that the witness, that held the Janes purse, could've given a better description of the girl, as Kathy has distinct eyes (bluish gray) but the Michigan connection is a pretty good clue! The re-construction is close, too!
Thanks for posting, I need to nudge my contacts on this case to see how the ruling is coming!! While doing so, I may suggest they look into this one as well...:bee:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back