Found Deceased FL - Taylor Wright, 33, Pensacola, 8 Sept 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.google.com/amp/wkrg.com...or-missing-from-pensacola-for-eight-days/amp/

Did anyone ever post this article?

Interesting: "“At this point we don’t know where she’s at, we don’t have any other leads, we talked to a few people who think they have seen her places,” says Muhlbach.

But right now no trace of the young mother of a son who just went through a divorce.

And police say they aren’t treating her case as a missing person’s case because she left on her own will."

(Sorry for not formatting this right- I'm on the tapatalk app and I still haven't figured it all out)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep finding myself wondering why GF had TWs friends phone number to begin with, if she didn't really know her.
Maybe I'm weird, but I don't have any of my husbands friends #s, unless I know them well enough that I call them my friend too, you know? Every time I read up on this thread that bit jumps out at me.

Good question Kadoober.

If Taylor's friend was lying to her GF to cover for Taylor, the ruse was too complicated, IMO. Why go into detail about the horseback riding and getting an Uber? Those are things that can be checked. Taylor was a brilliant PI and she would know that those things can be checked by pings to her phone, Uber records, etc. If Taylor was still with her friend all day up to the point when she was supposed to have left in the Uber, why didn't she call her GF herself with a story to keep her from worrying that night? And if Taylor left her friend earlier in the day to run away, and never went horseback riding and never went to the friend's house to get an Uber, why did the friend make up such complicated stories all day to stall the GF? Why not just say to the GF, "Taylor left after the bank and I don't know where she went"? Why not just say, "Taylor said she had errands to run and I don't know where she went"? That would have stalled the GF just as long as she really wasn't super worried until TW missed dinner. JMO.

All I can think of reading your post is 'Why did Casey Anthony walk all the way to the end of that Universal Studios hallway?'

Was she just lying off the top of her head to calm the concerns of GF, without realizing how absurd it sounded in context? Buying time? Lying just for the sake of lying? *shrugs*
So many of the things this friend said don't make sense, and the idea that she always CALLED GF with them seems even more absurd.

Someone you hardly know is sending you texts. Would you call them back, or would you just reply via text?
Would you feel it necessary to send a SS as 'proof' that TW texted you? The same day?
ETA - ugh. I just realized that SS text was TW saying she needed to get away for a few days. So the only source of TW wanting to get away is this 'friend'.

Weird. And hinky.

https://www.google.com/amp/wkrg.com...or-missing-from-pensacola-for-eight-days/amp/

Did anyone ever post this article?

Interesting: "“At this point we don’t know where she’s at, we don’t have any other leads, we talked to a few people who think they have seen her places,” says Muhlbach.

But right now no trace of the young mother of a son who just went through a divorce.

And police say they aren’t treating her case as a missing person’s case because she left on her own will."

(Sorry for not formatting this right- I'm on the tapatalk app and I still haven't figured it all out)

It's in the timeline. Strange that they would say she is not being treated as a missing person's case but we know there is a missing persons case number. After that line it says:
“Well I can’t go into everything, but I can tell you our investigators have looked into this, and we don’t have any reason to believe, that this is nothing more than an adult who has chosen not to contact others,” says Mike Wood.

Notice the awkward double negative statement.

how can reporters, or LE for that matter, say that she left of her own free will unless (a) she told them so, or (b) someone else told them so.

If either are true, then that means...

I'll leave that there for now.

If Taylor's friend was lying to her GF to cover for Taylor, the ruse was too complicated, IMO. Why go into detail about the horseback riding and getting an Uber? Those are things that can be checked. Taylor was a brilliant PI and she would know that those things can be checked by pings to her phone, Uber records, etc. If Taylor was still with her friend all day up to the point when she was supposed to have left in the Uber, why didn't she call her GF herself with a story to keep her from worrying that night? And if Taylor left her friend earlier in the day to run away, and never went horseback riding and never went to the friend's house to get an Uber, why did the friend make up such complicated stories all day to stall the GF? Why not just say to the GF, "Taylor left after the bank and I don't know where she went"? Why not just say, "Taylor said she had errands to run and I don't know where she went"? That would have stalled the GF just as long as she really wasn't super worried until TW missed dinner. JMO.

I never said any of that didn't actually happen. I think she very well could have been horse back riding trying to clear her head so she could come up with a plan. She may very well have taken an uber to have a drink.

On 9/26 AbuDrake stated this friend w/ the safe deposit box is married with kids. Do we know if this is true?

All I can think of reading your post is 'Why did Casey Anthony walk all the way to the end of that Universal Studios hallway?'

Was she just lying off the top of her head to calm the concerns of GF, without realizing how absurd it sounded in context? Buying time? Lying just for the sake of lying? *shrugs*
So many of the things this friend said don't make sense, and the idea that she always CALLED GF with them seems even more absurd.

Someone you hardly know is sending you texts. Would you call them back, or would you just reply via text?
Would you feel it necessary to send a SS as 'proof' that TW texted you? The same day?

Weird.

It's all very weird. But I can think of very good reasons to lie about Taylor going to the farm. Maybe Taylor's phone was going to ping there and friend needed a story for why. I'm stumped on the Uber unless the friend called an Uber with their own app as a way to "prove" that Taylor left in an Uber. Call the Uber, tell everyone you called an Uber for Taylor (who was never there) then when the Uber shows up tell them you changed plans or send someone else with the Uber. Tell everyone you never actually saw the car that came so it will be harder to track down.

*Disclaimer that I have no idea how Uber tracks their drivers or whether LE could find the car without a description. I hope that they can, but I'm theorizing that someone was counting on them not being able to...

It's all very weird. But I can think of very good reasons to lie about Taylor going to the farm. Maybe Taylor's phone was going to ping there and friend needed a story for why. I'm stumped on the Uber unless the friend called an Uber with their own app as a way to "prove" that Taylor left in an Uber. Call the Uber, tell everyone you called an Uber for Taylor (who was never there) then when the Uber shows up tell them you changed plans or send someone else with the Uber. Tell everyone you never actually saw the car that came so it will be harder to track down.

*Disclaimer that I have no idea how Uber tracks their drivers or whether LE could find the car without a description. I hope that they can, but I'm theorizing that someone was counting on them not being able to...

I'd be shocked if anyone that has used the app thinks that couldn't be tracked. You can see how close the driver is to your house on the app! I feel certain uber keeps records of where riders were picked up and dropped off and which driver was driving them. You may need a subpoena to get the records, I don't know, but I feel certain LE could get them.

Good question. If the friend never saw the car, how does she know Taylor took an Uber? She could have said she was getting one but changed her mind or gotten a ride with someone else she knew. Or assuming Taylor DID leave her friend's house around 5 PM, she could have decided to walk home and something could have happened to her then. Does anyone know if it can be verified that an Uber was called without accessing the person's phone? I've never used Uber so I don't know how it works. Does the app have an online login option to view your ride history?
Gardner, you might recall we just recently had a missing persons case of a 14/15 year old girl where someone in California arranged and Uber-like service (Lyft?) to take the girl from near her school I believe to a truck stop and that same someone in California arranged a ride-share with a long-haul trucker to California. So we do know it is possible for third-parties to arrange rides through ride-share services. Whether Uber allows that I don't know but at least some service does.

I never said any of that didn't actually happen. I think she very well could have been horse back riding trying to clear her head so she could come up with a plan. She may very well have taken an uber to have a drink.

On 9/26 AbuDrake stated this friend w/ the safe deposit box is married with kids. Do we know if this is true?

Sorry, I misunderstood. You said you thought the friend was just not telling Taylor's GF that Taylor left voluntarily. But after the GF contacted the police and friend told the police everything, why would the friend not tell the GF then? If everything friend said happened as she said it then she had no reason to cover for Taylor at all with her GF.

ETA: Plus friend DID send that screenshot of a text to the GF. It doesn't make sense to say the friend was trying to not tell her girlfriend Taylor planned to get away after sending that screenshot. It looks more like the friend wanted the GF to think Taylor planned to get away for a few days. JMO.

We don't know the identity of the friend with the SDB/moving truck and we can't sleuth them (TOS) at this time to verify if they are married w/kids.

ETA - ugh. I just realized that SS text was TW saying she needed to get away for a few days. So the only source of TW wanting to get away is this 'friend'.

Weird. And hinky.

Yeah. That screen shot of the alleged text sent by the horse friend to GF --- that was way, way over-the-top suspicious! (IMO) So, someone could be on TW's phone, composing the text, sending it to the horse friend's phone, then horse friend doesn't mind screen-shotting it off to GF?! Unless GF specifically asked horse woman to send it to her, because she thought it was bizarre and needed proof? (SMH)

Gardner, you might recall we just recently had a missing persons case of a 14/15 year old girl where someone in California arranged and Uber-like service (Lyft?) to take the girl from near her school I believe to a truck stop and that same someone in California arranged a ride-share with a long-haul trucker to California. So we do know it is possible for third-parties to arrange rides through ride-share services. Whether Uber allows that I don't know but at least some service does.

Thanks Jethro. I don't think I followed that case.

I don't know a lot about Uber, but I do know that both the drivers and the passengers are prompted to rate their experience. Drivers rate their passengers, and passengers rate their drivers. If an Uber was called to a house, it would have been from an app, either by TW or friend (or someone), and I would imagine that if the driver got there only to be turned away that there would be a rating that reflected that.

Either way, whether someone took the Uber or not, there would certainly be a record of one being called to her house, and a record of WHO it was that picked up the request and headed over there.

No info on the location of the farm nor the friend's house. We don't even know which Wells Fargo Bank location. When I suggested we get more info to make a map our VI fleurde objected to us making a map. I understand she doesn't want her home address splashed around, but the news has already revealed her street name (it's in the timeline). I studied Google street views for a bit and it seems like there are no cameras on the corners and no businesses near the street to have cameras that could have picked up Taylor's friend's car. Multiple ways to leave the neighborhood, so if their were cameras someone who knows the area would know how to avoid them. Houses on that street are also not huge--just a typical small single family home neighborhood. Probably unlikely that many neighbors have security cameras facing the street.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...5056013a600a7d9!8m2!3d30.461506!4d-87.2197313
BBM. That we can post since TOS prevents it.

Sorry, I misunderstood. You said you thought the friend was just not telling Taylor's GF that Taylor left voluntarily. But after the GF contacted the police and friend told the police everything, why would the friend not tell the GF then? If everything friend said happened as she said it then she had no reason to cover for Taylor at all with her GF.

We don't know the identity of the friend with the SDB/moving truck and we can't sleuth them (TOS) at this time to verify if they are married w/kids.

I didn't know if fleurde had verified that. Previously, AbuDrake had said there was also another girlfriend involved in all this(which fleurde stated wasn't true) so it has been confusing. He was getting info from fleurde, so I don't know if that got mixed up somehow.

I don't know that I think the friend knew she planned to leave indefinitely or for so long, but if her story is true then TW did text her saying she was getting away for a few days. And she did send that to fleurde. It could be that TW divulged a lot about the issues she was dealing with in regards to the divorce/custody and the friend had a hunch that TW was going to try to find a way to keep the money and avoid the legal trouble she was likely going to be in. Maybe TW had brainstormed some ideas, including leaving town for some period of time, but hadn't decided what she was going to do when she got the uber.

Maybe this is why police are investigating despite thinking she left on her own. They may have verified the friends story and verified that TW sent that text from a bar/wherever so they know she was planning to "get away." The length of time she's been gone may be where the concern comes in.

I agree that the horse story is weird, but it's very possible they were actually there and/or TW just didn't want to talk to the gf at that moment when she wasn't sure what she was going to do yet. Maybe TW felt like talking to her gf would overwhelm her and make her even more emotional.

Either way, I believe LE has verified these stories.

Yeah. That screen shot of the alleged text sent by the horse friend to GF --- that was way, way over-the-top suspicious! (IMO) So, someone could be on TW's phone, composing the text, sending it to the horse friend's phone, then horse friend doesn't mind screen-shotting it off to GF?! Unless GF specifically asked horse woman to send it to her, because she thought it was bizarre and needed proof? (SMH)

I send screen shots of all kinds of stuff to people all the time. Way easier than copy and paste or typing it out myself. That's not weird to me at all.

The answer is yes. But due to TOS we can't sleuth them on the thread. It is rather enlightening if you go down that rabbit hole.

I wonder about any texts GF was sending to Taylor's phone after TW's phone sent the 7:58 text to GF saying she needed to get away for a few days. I wonder if these texts were showing as read? I wonder if someone else was reading them and figured that the GF needed more "proof"? Or was GF texting the friend as well saying she was concerned about Taylor and friend sent the screenshot back after that?

If Taylor was with this friend all day, why didn't she just tell her she needed to get away? Why wait till later and text that info? I'm trying to catch up here, so sorry if that was already questioned.

Also, as far as there being another girlfriend involved, I'm almost certain that Abu later cleared that up and said it was just a friend not a girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian