FL FL - Teresa Fittin, 18, Fort Lauderdale, 1 Aug 1975

I wonder what she and her boyfriend fought about? Yes, it is possible that he could have reported her missing to take the pressure off of him. Has anyone connected with the case taken a polygraph? What were the results?

Suppose that Teresa chose to start a new life? What would she need as evidence to establish a new identity with any financial institutions or credit agencies? Title Deeds? property records?

Since there is no evidence that she took any of her personal belongings with her, and that none of her bank assets had been accessed since her disappearance, I wonder if tragically she could have committed suicide?

Satch

Hmmm, strange that the car hasn't been found. I wonder if she had an accident, maybe in a body of water, and just never been found. Are there any bodies of water close by the place where she disappeared? That would explain the bf reporting her missing, probably feeling guilty because of the argument, and would account for the missing car as well. It's much easier to hide a body than a car.

No doubt something happened to her and she didn't just walk away. Nobody walks away leaving $300 sitting on their dresser.

Teresa Lyn Fittin, 18, Missing since August 1, 1975 from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Teresa Lyn Fittin
Missing since August 1, 1975 from Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: April 19, 1957
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1; 107-110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes. Fittin's nickname is "Bunny."
Dentals: Available
DNA: Available in CODIS.
Medical Conditions: She was six weeks pregnant at the time of her disappearance.
Vehicle: 1964 greenish-gray Nash Rambler license plate number 10-16425

Circumstances of Disappearance

Fittin left her Fort Lauderdale, Florida home on August 1, 1975 after an argument with her boyfriend and has never been seen again.

She left all her belongings behind, and $300 on her dresser. Her wallet was found in a local library ten days later but her 1964 greenish-gray Nash Rambler has never been located.

She hasn't accessed her bank accounts.

It is possible that Fittin may have traveled to Tennessee, Colorado and Pennsylvania.
Authorities suspect foul play is involved in her disappearance.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Fittin's whereabouts, please contact:

Fort Lauderdale Police Department
954-761-5547

Email:

BVeltri@fortlauderdale.gov

You may remain anonymous when submitting information to any agency.

Agency Case Number: 75-65195

NCMEC #: NCMC1061256

NCIC Number: M029828863

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

Fort Lauderdale Police Department
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
South Florida Sun-Sentinel 9/11/06
Florida Department of Law Enforcement
The Doe Network: Case File 353DFFL

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/353dffl.html

I'd like to know if either Teresa or her boyfriend frequented the library where her wallet was found. If neither one did, it seems somewhat less likely to me that either one was involved in Teresa's disappearance (if indeed Teresa left of her own accord, which is doubtful, I think).

Who were Teresa's closest friends? Perhaps one of them knew for sure if she was really pregnant and would also have more information about the boyfriend and the types of arguments they had.

What became of the boyfriend? Did he stay out of trouble for the next decades?

I'm also wondering about any bodies of water nearby, and if they were ever dredged/searched.

Someone had mentioned a body of water....that quite possibly could be the case. Her car was never located. What bodies of water are nearby? Also I wonder what the boyfriend is up to these days.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Mother seeks answers to daughter's 1975 disappearance

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-still-missing-40-years-20151223-story.html

In the four decades since Fittin's disappearance, Travisano, 78, said she has imagined every possible outcome. Her daughter's body is discovered. A murderer confesses. Her car, a 1966 Nash Rambler Classic, is pulled out of a canal. Maybe she'll be revealed as the victim of a serial killer. "Ted Bundy was in Florida at the time," she said.

But it's all baseless speculation. And speculation that Travisano said haunts her is the idea that Fittin is still alive, 58 years old, having lived the better part of her life without letting her parents know she was OK.

"For her to be alive all this time and not get in touch with me? No," Travisano said. Now Travisano's 40-year quest to find her missing daughter has morphed into something she feels is more likely — a search for closure.

"I'm 78," she said. "I don't know how much time I have left. I just don't want to die not knowing what happened to my daughter. Somebody knows what happened. Please put my mind to rest."

I watched the video that came with the article. Her mother seems like such a lovely woman. I wish she'd join us here so we could learn a bit more about what the police uncovered and what became of the boyfriend. If it weren't for the wallet, my first guess would be that Teresa/Bunny got in an accident in her car (into water or down an embankment). I wonder if there is any reason to suspect the boyfriend beyond that he was the last person to see her. In any case, I hope her mother gets some sense of resolution and peace. I hope, for her sake, that it is found to be an accident without suffering for her daughter.

The Center for Missing & Exploited Children produced a beautiful video featuring a letter from her mother to her (though they mispelled her last name as "Fenton" at least on youtube): [video=youtube;xmPhN6hpvtQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmPhN6hpvtQ[/video]

I found a little information -- more a curiosity than truly useful -- the family hired Peter Hurkos who was a celebrity psychic (who was brought in by the Michigan Police to consult on the Michigan Murders in Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti and told them nothing useful back in the 60s). He asked for $5000 to tell them what happened to Bunny. Her mother gave him $2500 upfront and some of Bunny's clothing; then they family lost faith and asked for the money back. An actress with whom he was apparently performing with assaulted Bunny's grandmother: https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=UV0DAAAAIBAJ&pg=6215,4317019&hl=en

Her family must have loved her very much. They seem to have tried whatever they could think of to learn her fate.

I watched the video that came with the article. Her mother seems like such a lovely woman. I wish she'd join us here so we could learn a bit more about what the police uncovered and what became of the boyfriend. If it weren't for the wallet, my first guess would be that Teresa/Bunny got in an accident in her car (into water or down an embankment). I wonder if there is any reason to suspect the boyfriend beyond that he was the last person to see her. In any case, I hope her mother gets some sense of resolution and peace. I hope, for her sake, that it is found to be an accident without suffering for her daughter.

The Center for Missing & Exploited Children produced a beautiful video featuring a letter from her mother to her (though they mispelled her last name as "Fenton" at least on youtube): [video=youtube;xmPhN6hpvtQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmPhN6hpvtQ[/video]

I didn't watch the video yet, but there is a date discrepency. The link says that Teresa vanished on August 2, 1975, and other reports say Auguest 1, 1975. Do we know which date is correct?

More thoughts on this case:

1.) If the boyfriend was not involved in Teresa's disappearance, she may have driven off, had a car accident, and her car got submerged in a lake, where Teresa may have drowned.

2.) I have not gone back to review the whole thread, but what kind of student, child was Teresa? Any evidence of family conflict, substance-abuse in the home or outside the home?

3.) Is her boyfriend still living? Read that he was never named as a suspect. I think if the argument turned into bad violence, the boyfriend could have harmed, even killed her. However, there is no evidence linking Tereasa's boyfriend to violence in this case. Other than the reports that they had a fight and Teresa drove off in her car to "calm down." But what happened to the car? I agree with LE that foul play is probably involved at about 65% here. 20% a car accident. 15% Teresa left on her own.

4.) The contradictions concerning Teresa's pregnancy, and even the different dates given for her disappearance, tells me that inaccurate information was reported in 1975 and was never changed in the case files, and/or somebody knows what happened to her, (the boyfriend?) or someone else, and doesn't want to come forward. If this was a simple non-violent argument and a car accident, why is there all this conflicting information?

5.) If Teresa was pregnant, could the argument have been about the baby and what responsibilities or conditions would be the next step for her and her boyfriend? Could she have just decided to run away voluntarily to raise her child on her own? This could be the case if family and friend relationships were poor. However, if relations were good, it seems that Teresa would not just run away forever.

6.) I think many clues to this puzzle could be uncovered if we could learn more about her boyfriend. What did they fight about that night? And was Teresa pregnant or not? If investigators could find out what happened to the car, that could provide new information?

7.) What does Teresa's boyfriend think happened to her? And what do LE and he think about Teresa's wallet found in the library? What was in the wallet?

Satch

There is a new video/article in the Sun Sentinel from Dec. 23, 2015. Jocelia states, she's afraid her end is near and will die not knowing what happened to her daughter. I wish I could find the boyfriend's name so I could look him up. Teresa's mom work for the police dept in communications. She stated that it took police over a year to work her case. Broward has many canals and that is always a possibility. Has anyone tried contacting her on facebook? Her profile has many pics of her past & cats but none of her daughter (maybe too difficult for her).

Speculation, imo.

If true that TF may have been in the early stages of pregnancy, she might have been extra drowsy when driving and involved in an accident.
Did she go to a library to look up information concerning pregnancy?
Might it be possible, that she was seeking a way to end the pregnancy, and if so, where in the state, or out of state, might that lead her?

Did her boyfriend go by the name JR? I remember a young, pregnant woman, a blue green Nash, and that she was short. The young woman was hired by my mother to babysit in the afternoons.

I would like to know if the boyfriend went by the name JR, rode a motorcycle, and had dark hair. Had facial hair. Tall and lanky build.

Not if the car were sold or traded. I lived in SC in 1975, and still to this day I swear the young woman who lived next door to my family was Bunny. I remember her nickname was Bunny, she was smallish (shorter than myself at 10), there was a blue green Nash in the driveway. She had a baby, and then was gone. There was a man named JR, tall and lanky, facial hair. Older guy. Motorcycle. And a woman who called herself "Patches" because of all of the patches on her jeans. If I remember right, the car was abandoned at the house when they left. It may have been towed away by the landlord. I remember Bunny had to sit on the top of our steps to braid my hair, because I was taller than her. I remember the baby pressing on my back as Bunny braided my hair. I also remember over hearing a conversation between Bunny and my father. He told her, "I don't see a pregnant woman. I see a beautiful pregnant woman." I do remember my mother giving her baby bottles, blankets and baby clothes. We moved into the home, at 36 Bayview Drive in early of 1976. I know the calendar is slightly off, as to the length of pregnancy, but I know I remember the names Bunny, JR, and Patches. I remember the car, because another neighbor had one just like it, same year model. Just a different color.

Dana Evon Null – The Charley Project

Teresa May have simply suffered the same fate that this girl may have suffered. Dana Evon Null was last seen in the same general area as Teresa and they both share many similarities and I once thought the cases may be connected. Dana was sadly found deceased 3 years ago in a Florida canal. We may never know how Dana actually died and I’m not ruling out Foul play. I’m actually weirded out. 3 blonde women disappeared in fort Lauderale.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back