FL FL - Teresa Fittin, 18, Fort Lauderdale, 1 Aug 1975

I know doubt that these cases are connected in any way because Dana likely died in a car accident and Laurie Jean Amico is believed to be alive but her info hasn’t been removed from Namus yet.

Hi everyone on this thread, I would like to bring up a theory on this case that I’ve had for a while. Now we are all familiar with the Dana Null - Harry wade Atchison case. The teens both vanished in 1978 and were found deceased in 2015. They both crashed into a canal near their homes and were undiscovered for 36 years. There were many canals in the area that Teresa vanished in and it was a very rural area. Isn’t it possible that maybe Teresa got into an accident in one of the canals and drowned? Her car and body might still be there if this is true. It has been 43 years since her disappearance. We need to put an end to it. I’m not ruling foul play out but also remember The Cheryl Miller - Pamela Jackson case. Foul play was suspected in that case for 42 years until the car they were driving in and their bodies were found in a creek. They got into a car accident. I feel it’s highly possible that Teresa May have gotten into an accident. Foul play is still possible but they should search canals near where she vanished from. Maybe she’s in one of them.

• Teresa Lyn Fittin – The Charley Project
  • teresa_lyn_fittin_3.jpg
  • teresa_lyn_fittin_4.jpg
  • teresa_lyn_fittin_5.jpg
  • teresa_lyn_fittin_7.jpg
Fittin, circa 1975; Age-progression to age 51 (circa 2008)
  • Date of Birth 04/18/1957 (63)
  • Age 18 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'1, 107 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly a turquoise bracelet and a turquoise ring.
  • Medical Conditions Fittin may have been pregnant when she disappeared in August 1975.
''Fittin's wallet was located in a Fort Lauderdale library on August 11, 1975, ten days after she vanished. Her car, a gray-green four-door 1964 or 1966 Nash Rambler with the license plate number 10-16425, has never been recovered.

Fittin may have traveled to Tennessee, Colorado and/or Pennsylvania after leaving Florida. At the time of her disappearance, she was a senior at Stranahan High School, had a job as a restaurant server at a local beachfront hotel, and dreamed of becoming an oceanographer or an artist. Fittin's mother stated her daughter behaved normally in the days prior to her disappearance.''

Fort Lauderdale Police Continue Search of Woman Missing for Nearly 50 Years

"It's a case that has kept Fort Lauderdale detectives guessing for decades: Teresa "Bunny" Fittin was last seen on Aug. 1, 1975. At the time of her disappearance, she was 18 years old.

Today, she'd be 63, two decades younger than her mother Jocelia Travisano, who is still alive, on oxygen, and desperate to know what happened to her daughter.

"It's been a long time," Travisano told NBC 6. "I'd like to know what happened to my child."

"When I think of her, I wonder if she is somewhere and she's happy, and she's had a family. Maybe she has a dog and a cat. Maybe she's a normal person," she continued.

Police say Teresa got into an argument with her boyfriend after returning from a bar. She drove off in her 1966 Nash Rambler and was never seen again.

"When she left that night she just went out with what she was wearing, got into her car and I guess drove off," said Fort Lauderdale Police Detective Sgt. Steve Novak. "These are the cases that detectives will wake up in the middle of the night and think, is there something I missed? Is there something new I can do? Is there another technology out there that's come along that's going to help us?"

Novak noted that Teresa didn't take any clothes or personal belongings with her. Investigators looked into every possibility, from serial killers to the car being submerged in one of South Florida's waterways.

"At that time, it was not an unusual car, but we never recovered it," Novak said.

Teresa's mother says that while some days she has hope, other days she sees the situation very grim.

"I'd like a happy ending to this, but if there is no happy ending, I'd still like to know," she said.

There has been no sighting or sign of Teresa since 1975, but Travisano hopes someone will come forward with information and help her live her final years in peace.

If you have any information that may help detectives with the case, call Fort Lauderdale Police at (954) 828-5534.

''Fittin, circa 1975; Age-progression to age 51 (circa 2008)
  • Missing Since 08/01/1975
  • Missing From Fort Lauderdale, Florida
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 04/18/1957 (63)
  • Age 18 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'1, 107 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly a turquoise bracelet and a turquoise ring.
  • Medical Conditions Fittin may have been pregnant when she disappeared in August 1975.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Fittin's nickname is Bunny. She has a mole on the inside of her left arm. Some agencies spell her name "Theresa Lynn Fitten."
''Fittin was last seen leaving her apartment in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on August 1, 1975. She had an argument with her boyfriend at their residence on Davie Boulevard and said she was going out to her car to calm down.

Fittin then drove away from the property and disappeared. She has never been seen again. She left all of her personal belongings behind at home, including $300 on her dresser, and she has not accessed her bank accounts since her disappearance. According to family members, it was not unusual for Fittin and her boyfriend to argue.

Her boyfriend reported her as a missing person and told investigators she had been pregnant at the time of her disappearance, but Fittin's family members had no knowledge of the pregnancy and her mother believes she would have been informed if it was true. Her family did discover that she smoked marijuana, but they don't believe she was seriously involved with drugs.

Fittin's wallet was located in a Fort Lauderdale library on August 11, 1975, ten days after she vanished. Her car, a gray-green four-door 1964 or 1966 Nash Rambler with the license plate number 10-16425, has never been recovered.

Fittin may have traveled to Tennessee, Colorado and/or Pennsylvania after leaving Florida. At the time of her disappearance, she was a senior at Stranahan High School, had a job as a restaurant server at a local beachfront hotel, and dreamed of becoming an oceanographer or an artist. Fittin's mother stated her daughter behaved normally in the days prior to her disappearance.

Both her parents are still alive and hope for answers in her case; there is a memorial bench dedicated to Fittin at the Lauderdale Memorial Park cemetery and she will be buried there if her body is ever recovered.

Authorities suspect that foul play was involved in her disappearance and they are investigating her case as a possible homicide. There has been no sign of her since 1975.''

I'm going to guess, if she was truly pregnant, and she had been drinking, that would instigate an argument. If she left angry, and possibly a little tipsy, or even flat out drunk, then erratic driving would be expected. That car could be in a retention pond, a canal or lake nearby. Drones would be helpful as would Google Earth for that matter.

I'm curious to know why they suspect foul play - based on the wallet found in a library? Maybe but it could have washed up from a body of water, laid on an embankment and been picked up by a kid. The rainy season combined with flooding dredges up weird stuff all the time.

"Police say Teresa got into an argument with her boyfriend after returning from a bar. She drove off in her 1966 Nash Rambler........"

Any time I see a person missing, especially in the s. Florida area whose car is also never found I automatically think, they may have driven into a canal or some body of water. There are so many roadways bordered by water that is murky and deep. How often are these waterways searched or dragged? If there was a group who dedicated time to searching these waters I think a lot of vehicles and possibly body's would be discovered.

Which library was the wallet found at? Where in the library was the wallet found? Wedged in a seat cushion? Did she normally carry her wallet in a purse? She would need her library card to check out a book and that would likely be in her wallet.

Did she go to the library when it opened that next morning? Maybe she drove around and slept in her car that night. Then went to the library since she was still a student. Perhaps left the library and at that point disappeared.

LE must have some evidence making them lean toward foul play. Maybe info from bar patrons? Maybe info from her social circle?

Cars typically are found in water or heavy vegetation. If you go off a an on ramp to a highway there are thick palmetto bushes. A car can sink in between them and the ground is sandy and loamy.

Which library was the wallet found at? Where in the library was the wallet found? Wedged in a seat cushion? Did she normally carry her wallet in a purse? She would need her library card to check out a book and that would likely be in her wallet.

Did she go to the library when it opened that next morning? Maybe she drove around and slept in her car that night. Then went to the library since she was still a student. Perhaps left the library and at that point disappeared.

LE must have some evidence making them lean toward foul play. Maybe info from bar patrons? Maybe info from her social circle?

Cars typically are found in water or heavy vegetation. If you go off a an on ramp to a highway there are thick palmetto bushes. A car can sink in between them and the ground is sandy and loamy.
STILL SEARCHING – Sun Sentinel (sun-sentinel.com)
By Sofia Santana Staff WriterStaff Researchers William Lucey and Barbara Hijek contributed to this report
Sep 11, 2006 Rbbm.

"The detective who took the report thought she was just another runaway," Travisano said, remembering how she drove home from the police station feeling helpless and in tears. "You didn't argue with police back then," she said.

Ten days later, someone at the Riverland Branch Library on Davie Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale called Travisano to say they found Fittin's wallet in the building. Inside the plastic sheets meant to hold credit cards, Fittin kept photos of her friends and her driver's license, her only ID, Travisano said. She reported the find to police, but it did not lead to new developments.

Fittin and her boyfriend argued before she went missing, police said. She left her Davie Boulevard apartment in her greenish-gray, four-door, 1964 Nash Rambler, license plate number 10-16425. Detectives found $300 on a dresser in her apartment, along with the rest of her belongings.''

''In addition to Teresa Lyn Fittin, at least eight other youths 18 or younger have vanished from Broward and Palm Beach counties under suspicious circumstances since 1975:

Shanythia Mashelle Green
DOB: 9-30-75
Missing from Pompano Beach since 8-26-93
Age at the time: 17
Maurice Laron Jefferson
DOB: 8-8-67
Missing from Fort Lauderdale since 11-30-83
Age at the time: 16
Katheryne Lugo
DOB: 3-6-89
Missing from Riviera Beach since 1-8-94
Age at the time: 4