FL FL - Tiffany Sessions, 20, Gainesville, 9 Feb 1989

One of the links made a comment about a sweatshirt and that they were doing DNA on it. Does anyone know when this was done and if the results were ever determined?

Thanks, Esah

Thanks for the information on Tiffany. I have thought of her often. I remember when that happened and how frightened everyone was. I had thought she had been jogging but that article says she went for a walk. I guess maybe I just remembered it wrong. A beautiful girl with a bright future. This is sad.

Thanks Audrey77 for the Charley Project link. It says that the DNA results aren't public at this time!?! What does that mean? But one thing it did say was that this man claims to have put Tiffany in the Caloosahatchee River in Fort Myers, FLorida. The freaky thing is that I live on the Caloosahatchee River in Fort Myers!! Who knows if this man is credible or even if he knew it was Tiffany or not that he supposedly killed.

I have been looking for her for 16 years and with all that I have gotten, I still haven't found her yet. But I hope that I do some day. Being psychic isn't always that easy! So many of the details are hard to validate.

Thanks again
Esah

I checked eBay for pictures of the watches, and I found two that might be what she had (it doesn't say anything about diamonds being on the face and these were the only two that had blue faces and were two-tone) they may or may not be the right one.

http://tinyurl.com/9wm47

http://tinyurl.com/9eear

A little off topic but it is pertaining to Gary Krist, M.D.
This is a copy of the survival instructions he left with Barbara Jane Mackle. This is totally unbelievable that someone could come up with this.

http://tinyurl.com/czeak

Kitti Kat1, you're right, that is absolutely incredible. The instructions they wrote and the preparations were unbelieveable. The funny thing is, with the intelligence it took to pull that off they could be earning a decent living without the torture of another human. Makes you wanna go hmmmmm.

Paradise, I looked at the pictures too and I don't remember her mom saying anything about diamonds on the watch. If only there were a way to track the serial number. For example, if any jeweler that did any maintenance or repair on a Rolex had to report it to the Rolex company for waranty purposes.

The internet is great for so many things, I'm sure if we keep searching we can find some link to that watch.

Esah said:
Paradise, I looked at the pictures too and I don't remember her mom saying anything about diamonds on the watch. If only there were a way to track the serial number. For example, if any jeweler that did any maintenance or repair on a Rolex had to report it to the Rolex company for waranty purposes.

The internet is great for so many things, I'm sure if we keep searching we can find some link to that watch.
Yeah I mean we have the serial number...we have to be able to find out what her watch looked like. I'll keep looking...

ETA: I found a website describing serial numbers and I figured out that this watch would've have to have been manufactured after July 1987 until sometime in 1988.

I talked to someone on a watch forum and they gave me a picture of what her watch would MOST LIKELY look like, and I also contacted Rolex but they can't give me a model number from a serial number. Esah...are you in contact with her mom? Does she possibly have paperwork or something that came with the watch that has the model number on it? I'm attaching the picture that the person from the watch forum sent me.

http://tinyurl.com/ad9oz

Paradise, that sounds good, yes I am in touch with her. I just left a message this afternoon for her to call me. I will ask her about any details that she might have on the watch. Good job. Maybe we can get somewhere with this! Let's hope so. I'll let you know as soon as I get an answer.

Did they think that they might be able to track the watch?

The people at Rolex were of no help to me at all. I can understand why, with all the fakes and people stealing them and whatnot. What did you mean by tracking it? If you meant what I think you did, like tracing where it went, the possibilities could be endless. If it was sold it could be anywhere.

I'm sure any links to this particular watch are remote, but it is always worth the try, to see if anything turns up. Too bad about Rolex not helping you. I wonder if LE could get a list from Rolex of their authorized watch repair places. Surely Rolex knows who they authorize. I'm sure the list would be huge, but we could check them off, one at a time!

Oh, I'm probably dreaming but you feel like you're at least doing something, even if it is a long shot.

Any more ideas, let me know.

Esah

I contacted an authorized Rolex dealer and they said that they really couldn't do anything with just the serial number. They really needed the model number to go along with it. I really hope you can talk to her mom and get the model number. At least then we could have something to work with.

I contacted Rolex again and asked about getting a list of authorized dealers/repair shops and they gave me a number to call give you locations in your area. The number is 1-800-367-6539.

Paradise, I found out today that the FDLE has already followed through with the model and serial numbers with Rolex, to no avail. I guess you can keep trying. It sounds like they did this years ago and not so recently. I still have to get the model number, but thought you ought to know that they searched this avenue a long time ago. But it's possible that the watch might show up at any time. Even a long shot is worth the effort.

I am working on some new thoughts with the case right now and will be able to discuss them more later. I need to check on some things first. But I have hopes with where my thoughts are leading me.

Paradise, I found out today that the FDLE has already followed through with the model and serial numbers with Rolex, to no avail. I guess you can keep trying. It sounds like they did this years ago and not so recently.
Well, I'm starting to wonder if I'll even be able to get any information (even if I have the serial and model numebers) from Rolex since I'm not LE.

I am working on some new thoughts with the case right now and will be able to discuss them more later. I need to check on some things first. But I have hopes with where my thoughts are leading me.
I'm excited to hear what you think. :)

i did some searching myself and really couldnt come up with the exact watch go to pawn shops describe the watch tell them it would have been in shop around these years give them serial numbers im sure they would remeber someting

Richard said:
Tiffany Sessions disappeared on 9 February 1989. Although her case has been kept alive over they years by her family, not a lot of facts are available about her or her disappearance.

The fact that she was wearing a Walkman headset does not in itself mean anything, but it is one of those things that indicates to a criminal that the potential victim is not totally tuned into her surroundings, and that she might not hear his approach.

I feel that the most important piece of information - and one which should be brought out more on her website and in other forums - is the fact that she was wearing a Ladie's Rolex Watch, two tone gold and silver with a blue face, Serial number R 609006. Knowing exactly what model watch, when it was made, and providing some good photos would help her case. That watch would probably be worth a lot of money and if it was recognized as such by the perpetrator, it may have been sold. It may be the key piece of evidence that leads back to Tiffany's abductor and to Tiffany. If someone now owns/wears that watch, seeing a photo of it on TV or on a computer screen might provide a much needed tip.
it would be good if her family could push for a national advertisment to show that watch, tv,websites,national news papers,etc. it should be an ongoing ad for several months to insure that lots of people would see it, even some form of ad such as the ones that come out weekly from advo that show missing persons on it.

We see them on television, criminal investigations, and they're usually solved in the course of an hour. But many real life cases continue to mystify. February 9th, marks eighteen years since the disappearance of Tiffany L. Sessions, a University of Florida student who left her home in southwest Gainesville one evening and vanished.

Law enforcement says it's a delicate balance they must strike with every case, between efficiency, due process and patience. Even when no expense is spared, as in Session's case, crime investigations can't always close the book on open cases.

The 1989 search for Session spread far and wide for many months, foul play has always been suspected but no leads ever turned up. According to then Lieutenant of Alachua County Sheriff's office, Spencer Mann, says her disappearance was suspicious, "...credit cards that sort of thing certainly hasn't shown up anywhere," he said then.

He adds that there were thousands of leads and hundreds of people involved in the investigation. But the question begged is, with more resources than lesser known cases, how does a case like this go unsolved?

http://www.wcjb.com/news.asp?id=14590

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back