FL FL- Tonya Whipp 38, bf didn't report her msg, left car, dog & personal items, Auburndale, late May 2023

This is the most recent MSM report I found, from December, 2023:

[...]
"I never dreamed I'd be standing here with you again, the end of December, and questioning, where's my sister? " said Whipp's sister, Donna Martin. "Every day that goes by, it seems like we're never going to get those answers."

According to the Auburndale Police Department, Whipp had been living at the house in the 1000 block of Caroline Avenue belonging to her boyfriend, Russell Caroll, and his brother, Preston.

In early October, police executed a search warrant, taking cell phones and computers from the property, though no one has been arrested or charged.
[...]

This is the first time I've seen RC's brother mentioned in MSM.

[...]
Carroll told FOX 13 previously that he last saw Whipp before he went to work at the end of May, and when he came home, she was gone.

"I don’t know why she’s doing this," Carroll said. "I don’t know where she went or where she’d go. It’s just out of character. Out of the blue for her. She’s done stuff like this in the past, but not for this long."

He said he and Whipp knew each other for years before they became an official couple after he got out of prison in January. According to the Florida Department of Corrections, he served 20 years for attempted first-degree murder.
[...]

@Dargon335 ; Ditto about hearing of this brother !
Hmm.

In many investigations, LE will work starting from who saw the missing person last, and fan outwards from there.
Although maybe nothing of note was found during the search, LE aren't appearing to look very much outside of Tonya's recent acquaintances ?
Hoping the family can get answers.
Omo.

AUBURNDALE, Fla. — This month marks one year since Tonya Whipp was last seen by her family. She was reported missing a month later and extensive searches in Polk County never found her. Now her family is coming up with new ways to keep Tonya’s name out there.

They tell 10 Tampa Bay they think she was killed and believe the person who knows what happened still walks among them.

This is their message to those who may know what happened:

“I think the fact that they're not coming forward and not giving our family that peace and that closure,” Textor continues. “They're cowards. They're absolute cowards.”

They're planning a vigil for Tonya at the end of the month and hoping police can make a break in the case, find her and finally bring her home.

More at link.

MOO, but since Tonya hasn't contacted family or friends in over a year I think it's safe to assume she did not disappear willingly.

I'm wondering who would have a reason for wanting Tonya to disappear?

According to the Auburndale Police Department, Russell Carroll unlawfully accessed Whipp’s financial accounts and redirected money to himself several times.

Police say Whipp, who was reported missing last June, had been living with Carroll and his brother at a home in the 1000 block of Caroline Avenue.

In early October, police executed a search warrant, taking cellphones and computers from the property, though no one has been arrested or charged.

Has anyone seen when the financial transactions were made? ie: Before or after her disappearance? MOO
I can't tell from any of the documents that are available so far that I've opened online. They're just placeholders at the moment. Maybe later the actual PDF file will show the details of the warrant and affidavit.

MAY 16, 2024
[...]

... Investigators claim he accessed Whipp's financial accounts and redirected thousands of dollars to himself multiple times after her disappearance.

On August 29, for example, Whipp's account showed she electronically transferred $1,400 to Carroll. According to the affidavit, Carroll not once went to police to tell them the revelation that Whipp may still be alive, because she was sending him money.

... The affidavit states a forensic examination of his laptop led to the discovery of a photograph of a cell phone screen that had Whipp's online banking account's username and password.

[...]

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — The State of Florida is requesting a higher bond for Russell Carroll, the boyfriend of missing Polk County woman Tonya Whipp, who is accused of impersonating her and stealing from her bank account.

The Auburndale Police Department’s missing persons investigation concluded that Whipp is dead and her body was never recovered. Carroll is now considered “the only suspect in the homicide investigation.”

During the recent police interview, Carroll was “placed on notice by the detectives that he is the only suspect in the homicide.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidreeft
Back