FL FL- Tonya Whipp 38, bf didn't report her msg, left car, dog & personal items, Auburndale, late May 2023

What is a pipe prescription lid?

I think police saw something to follow up on when Rudy let them in voluntarily, and came came back with a warrant. Is Tonya's boyfriend also an aquantince or friend of Rudy's?

Is it possible something happened to Tonya elsewhere and someone drove her car back to her home?

The length of time she was gone and the boyfriend was nonchalant about it is suspicious.

“Time frame is starting to get really critical now,” said Nico Tusconi, with the We Are The Essentials group helping search for Whipp. “We’re going to be asking for your help again in the very near future.”

“We’re just crying out to the community,” Martin said. “To everybody here, to everybody outside of here — please help us find our sister.”

AUG 2, 2023
[...]

Whipp's sister, RK, said messages sent to Whipp through Facebook went unanswered until she sent a suspicious response, RK told Fox 13.

"She said, 'I'm okay. When I want to talk, I'll call you'. It didn't sound like her, but I respected what she said, and I just left it at that," RK told Fox 13. "Couple days I gave her, she still read it, and then I said, 'I'm getting worried now. I'm calling the cops'. And if I said that before, she would've been on the phone calling me."

Whipp's other sister, DM, pleaded with the public for help locating her. "The last month has been extremely difficult, and the days are getting more difficult. It's hard to think that we're looking for our sister," DM told WTSP. "Please give us something so that we can get her back, and we can rest."

[...]

Yeah no...not buying the "she needed space" bit from the convicted felon not participating in the searches for Tonya. :rolleyes: MOO

These two pieces of MSM information posted earlier in this thread have me concerned for Tonya's safety.

[...]
Auburndale Police released new information regarding the man Whipp was living with. Police confirmed Whipp was living with a man named Russell Carroll. Police confirmed Caroll was the same man who was recently released from prison for the attempted murder/stabbing of his 16-year-old girlfriend in 2003. <modsnip>
[...]

[...]
Carroll never reported Whipp missing and declined to join any of the searches. He told the family Whipp wanted space. But they say that doesn’t add up.
[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like LE is still unable to confirm the date of last contact.

AUG 8, 2023
According to a Missing Person Case Update on the page, the APD notes that the last known contact with Whipp was between May 28, 2023 – June 1, 2023 ...

For Tonya to go missing on a busy holiday weekend, makes me think more people would have seen her or, more people would have recognized she was missing. The same for the boyfriend, more exposure or lack of being around, participating in typical holiday activies with friends.

Memorial Day weekend is the official kickoff of summer so lots of traffic, lots of food shopping, lots of cookouts, time at the park or beach, more outdoor activities, etc. Plans are normally made in advance. Did either Tanya or the boyfriend commit to attending. Or, maybe the boyfriend was evasive about attending or participating, because he had a premeditated activity in mind already. JMO

MOO but the fact that Tonya's BF is a man with a known violent history and a prison record, and that same man is not assisting with searching for Tonya, gives me a bad feeling about this case. It's also concerning that LE is unable to confirm the last known contact date for Tonya.

1691585550468.png

Circumstances of Disappearance Tonya's last communication with her family was a phone call on 5/26/2023. A friend has reported seeing her on 6/6/2023. All of her belongings including her car and purse were located at the residence.

Circumstances of Disappearance Tonya's last communication with her family was a phone call on 5/26/2023. A friend has reported seeing her on 6/6/2023. All of her belongings including her car and purse were located at the residence.
So Tonya's family last spoke with her via phone on 5/26/23, but supposedly she was last seen on 6/6/23. If this is accurate information, there's a 10-day period (26 May to 6 June) that Tonya was out of communication with her family.

The intensified search efforts will this time focus on the area surrounding Auburndale's Lake Blue, with volunteers meeting at 8:30 a.m. Sunday at Lake Blue Park on the lake's east side.

The group leading the grassroots search efforts is called We Are The Essentials, comprised of retired law enforcement officers and military service members who assist in missing person cases. Hundreds of volunteers have joined the search in recent weeks.

Organizers announced the latest effort on Wednesday after meeting for four hours to discuss logistics, according to the group.

tonya-whipp-featured.jpg

AUG 13, 2023
[...]

Sunday there were boots on the ground in Auburndale around Lake Blue Park. This is the third major search organized by We Are the Essentials.

"Some of this area today is going to be wooded and swampy. There are obviously different wildlife out in this area," the Founder of We Are the Essentials, Nico Tusconi said.

[...]

AUG 13, 2023
[...]

On Sunday, a couple dozen community members walked through areas of Auburndale where Whipps was last seen. It’s the third community search led by the group We Are The Essentials, which has been working with Auburndale Police and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to help find Whipp.

“She’s a human being,” Nico Tusconi, president of We Are The Essentials, said. “She has a grieving family, so that’s why we’re out here. We’re a volunteer organization that helps people and families that maybe can’t afford to hire private investigators.”

The group also sent out cadaver dogs as part of their search on Sunday. Before sending the search teams on their way, Tusconi told volunteers to look for Whipp’s phone.

“Obviously, the main objective is to hopefully find Tonya,” Tusconi said. “If not, hopefully find some items that can lead us int the right direction.”

[...]

Do we know if Tonya's BF is now cooperating with LE, involved with searches, etc? I don't believe we've heard much about him since Tonya went missing.

As noted earlier in the thread, per MSM, he has a known violent background:

Tonya Whipp: Sisters say she wouldn’t just walk away

[...]
Whipp lived with her boyfriend, Russell Carroll, who told police when he came home from work one day in late May, Whipp was gone. Left behind were Whipp’s recently paid-off car, her purse, her cell phone and her beloved dog Baby.

Carroll never reported Whipp missing and declined to join any of the searches. He told the family Whipp wanted space. But they say that doesn’t add up.
[...]

[...]
At 38, Whipp has never married and her relationship with Carroll is complicated. When they met in 2013, he had already spent time behind bars for the stabbing and attempted murder of his 16-year-old ex-girlfriend ten years earlier.
[...]

Do we know if Tonya's BF is now cooperating with LE, involved with searches, etc? I don't believe we've heard much about him since Tonya went missing.

As noted earlier in the thread, per MSM, he has a known violent background:

Tonya Whipp: Sisters say she wouldn’t just walk away

[...]
Whipp lived with her boyfriend, Russell Carroll, who told police when he came home from work one day in late May, Whipp was gone. Left behind were Whipp’s recently paid-off car, her purse, her cell phone and her beloved dog Baby.

[...]

[...]
At 38, Whipp has never married and her relationship with Carroll is complicated. When they met in 2013, he had already spent time behind bars for the stabbing and attempted murder of his 16-year-old ex-girlfriend ten years earlier.
[...]
So odd that there's no cctv of her leaving her home apparently.

But in another case, PFrazee, he is seen entering her home with his fiancée who was very much alive and their toddler. He is captured later, leaving. With just the toddler. He bludgeoned his fiancée with a baseball bat.... and removed her body, but somehow avoided detection by cctv. We don't know how he removed her, we just know he did.

I wonder if there are areas in the home/yard/ neighborhood with cctv gaps and someone disappeared her through a blind window.

Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlop
Back