FL FL- Tonya Whipp 38, bf didn't report her msg, left car, dog & personal items, Auburndale, late May 2023

I don’t remember seeing anything about her phone? It isn’t one of the things listed that was left behind in the lists I’ve seen.
Wonder if she had one (I would imagine so, since there’s an Instagram but perhaps she’d been without one for awhile).
Did it get left behind, were pings checked?
I wonder what came of the iPhone in the trailer the owner didn’t know who belonged to.

SEP 10, 2023
[...]

“We Are The Essentials” organized a search Sunday afternoon in an orange grove near the cell tower where they say Tonya’s phone pinged before she disappeared.

“This is an area that we just wanted to thoroughly saturate and to say that we can 100 percent say we cleared it,” said Amanda Reece, a founding member of “We Are The Essentials.”

RK drove in from Sebring to help search for her missing sister. She last spoke with Tonya in late May.

[...]

More than 30 volunteers went through every row of the orange grove looking for articles of clothing, Tonya’s cell phone and her necklace.

“She always wore a silver chain that had an anchor on it that her mother had given to her that was very precious to her,” Reece said.

[...]

These volunteer searches for Tonya Whipp are in addition to the Auburndale Police Department’s investigation.

[...]

Auburndale woman Tonya Whipp was reported missing in late June and has still not been found. According to Lt. John Cruz with the Auburndale Police Department, officers executed a search warrant on her boyfriend's home.

AUBURNDALE-MISSING-WOMAN-2.jpg

Pictured: FDLE search behind mobile home park on Rose Street. Investigators confirmed it was connected to Tonya Whipp's case.

Last edited:
“I miss her. I love her, you know what I’m saying? It’s hard going through stuff like this. I know she’s been gone for a while. It’s getting on everybody,” he told reporters Wednesday.

Russell-Carroll

He said he last saw Whipp when he left for work in late May. But when he got home, he said, she was gone.

Her car, her purse, and her dog were still in the Caroline Avenue house.

Carroll never reported her missing.

It was her family who contacted the police after a month had passed.

“I don’t know what to do. I mean, I just got out of prison now you go missing – what am I gonna do? Now everybody is looking at me like I did something to you,” said Carroll.

“I miss her. I love her, you know what I’m saying? It’s hard going through stuff like this. I know she’s been gone for a while. It’s getting on everybody,” he told reporters Wednesday.

Russell-Carroll

He said he last saw Whipp when he left for work in late May. But when he got home, he said, she was gone.

Her car, her purse, and her dog were still in the Caroline Avenue house.

Carroll never reported her missing.

It was her family who contacted the police after a month had passed.

“I don’t know what to do. I mean, I just got out of prison now you go missing – what am I gonna do? Now everybody is looking at me like I did something to you,” said Carroll.
I mean....he didn't report her missing....

OCT 4, 2023
Police obtained a search warrant to search the home on Caroline Avenue, which began at 6:30 a.m. Wednesday before ending just before 3 p.m. Family says they dug up Russell Carroll's backyard and spent the majority of the time in the house. Carroll said police took electronic devices, including his phone and computers.

He stands strong he did nothing to hurt Whipp and he has no idea where she is.

Carroll said the recording system for cameras in and around the home had already deleted the footage by the time he checked a month after Whipp disappeared.

Auburndale Police Chief Terry Storie told News Channel 8 he believes the search warrant was successful and he is pleased with the items removed from the house.

Carroll said the recording system for cameras in and around the home had already deleted the footage by the time he checked a month after Whipp disappeared.

So based on these various MSM reports we know Carroll didn't report Tonya missing, and now it's being reported that he also supposedly didn't review his own home security video until a month after she was last seen.

MOO, but I find it curious that on the one hand he claims to love and miss Tonya, but on the other hand he didn't report her missing, didn't contact her family, or even review his own home security system in the days after she disappeared.

The phrase "Actions speak louder than words" comes to mind when reviewing this case.

Again, MOO, but I do find it most curious that multiple MSM reports indicate her BF did not report Tonya missing, did not contact her family to ask her whereabouts, and supposedly did not review his own home security video for at least a month after Tonya was last seen.

In addition, her BF has a violent past, based on the MSM link below:

Dozens of people search for missing Auburndale woman last seen 2 months ago

[...]
Police confirmed Whipp was living with a man named Russell Carroll. Police confirmed Carroll was the same man who was recently released from prison for the attempted murder/stabbing of his 16-year-old girlfriend in 2003.
[...]

This is so sad. Where is Tonya? :(

OCT 9, 2023
Whipp's sister, RK, said everyone is trying to stay positive on her birthday by cherishing every memory.

"I went and got some cupcakes, and we sang happy birthday to her. It's not much of a celebration without her here," RK said. "I mean, we try, but it's not the same. You know, we miss her smiling face, giggling."

RK said not knowing is the hardest part. She just wishes her family could have some kind of closure.

There seems to be a lot of support from family and friends. Good to see they're keeping her name out there.

Help Find Tonya Whipp (Official) Facebook page:

Some days I feel like I've given up hope....miss our sister Tonya Whipp so much and just not knowing where she is tears us apart ....I've had several sleepless nights this week with so many thoughts running through my mind it's crazy .....I spoke to someone the other day and told her I've given up hope and she says I'm going to keep my hopes for you.... and I'm going to pray
1f64f.png
....I try so hard to keep hope but under the circumstances it's just really hard....I wish someone would just feel enough conviction on their heart to tell us where she is. ..we deserve to know and she deserves for us to know .... please keep sharing her flyer, keep looking and keep praying.....the smile on our faces doesn't reflect the pain in our heart.... and just because we look like we are carrying it so well doesn't mean it isn't heavy....

This is so sad. Where is Tonya? :(
Agreed. Since people do not 'vanish' there must be logical explanation regarding her disappearance.

IMO a person either disappears willingly or unwillingly. In this case we have no evidence so far indicating Tonya disappeared willingly. She hasn't contacted her family or friends and left behind her dog and her personal items.

"We didn't get a Christmas miracle. Now, we're hoping for a New Year's miracle ❤️ ," Donna Martin, Tonya's sister, said.

After 7 months, Tonya's family said they are still praying every day for answers.

"We're trying to put 2023 behind us and trying to give my sister peace one way or another. If she's alive, bring her home. If she's not alive, bring her home. Give her peace," Martin said.
Auburndale Police have classified Tonya as "missing and endangered." In early October, police searched the home of her boyfriend, Russell Carroll, who told us then that he didn't know where she was.

"I just got out of prison and now everyone is looking at me like I did something to you," Carroll said at the time. "I just miss her. I want her home just like everybody else does."

"We didn't get a Christmas miracle. Now, we're hoping for a New Year's miracle ❤️ ," Donna Martin, Tonya's sister, said.

After 7 months, Tonya's family said they are still praying every day for answers.

"We're trying to put 2023 behind us and trying to give my sister peace one way or another. If she's alive, bring her home. If she's not alive, bring her home. Give her peace," Martin said.
Auburndale Police have classified Tonya as "missing and endangered." In early October, police searched the home of her boyfriend, Russell Carroll, who told us then that he didn't know where she was.

"I just got out of prison and now everyone is looking at me like I did something to you," Carroll said at the time. "I just miss her. I want her home just like everybody else does."
From the article:

Tonya's family said there have been no new developments since that search. (Oct search of Carroll's home)

Not good. MOO

“If somebody knows where she’s at, I want them to know that we need you. We need you to tell us where she is. If it’s someone who knows a little bit of information, don’t be too scared. Quit tugging at our hearts,” Tonya’s sister, Donna Martin, said at the vigil.

“And day and night. You know, I’m thinking, ‘Where could she be? Where could I look?’ like I’m lost,” Kathleen Crom, Tonya’s friend, said.
Tonya-Whipp.jpg

Auburndale police said Whipp is missing and endangered. Her family said there have been no new developments. Now, they are doing everything they can to find her.

“She was just a heart of gold. She would do anything for you and for her family and her friends. And, you know, it’s been super tough on all of us, especially her sisters,” Tonya’s aunt, Lisa Textor, said.
*ETA:
Tonya Whipp vigil.jpg

“We had hoped that she would be found by Christmas, and that didn’t happen,” said Donna Martin, Tonya Whipp’s sister.

“We pray that she still is alive; however, each day that passes makes it tougher to keep the faith,” Martin said.

“If harm has come to her, then we want that person to pay, and we want answers. We won’t stop and never give up until we have those answers,” said Whipp’s aunt, Lisa Textor

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROrgeron
Back