FL - Trenton Cason-Collins, 6 mos, dies in hot car, Deltona, 18 Sept 2015

I just wonder how many "caregivers" who want to get rid of their chargers have now found a new way to do it without any repercussions. Of all these deaths, I've only heard of one person who was actually charged with a crime. I will admit, though, that I don't usually follow the cases unless they are in my area of FL.

I just wonder how many "caregivers" who want to get rid of their chargers have now found a new way to do it without any repercussions. Of all these deaths, I've only heard of one person who was actually charged with a crime. I will admit, though, that I don't usually follow the cases unless they are in my area of FL.
^^^^THIS^^^^

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/ch...dead-in-car-at-deltona-middle-school/35388910

Something is very off about this family. Nobody ever bonded with this sweet baby. BOTH parents were so "down and out" that they had to give BOTH of their children to a relative with a full-time job (teaching is crazy-hectic in September) and at least one child of her own, but they aren't too busy "getting back on their feet" to turn up for news cameras and start a fundraising page for funeral expenses? Something stinks.
I'm also bothered that he was found face down!

I'm also bothered that he was found face down!

If you re-read the article it states that when the relative found the child in the car a bystander came along and tried to resuscitate him and that is why he was found by police or rescue in that position.

If you re-read the article it states that when the relative found the child in the car a bystander came along and tried to resuscitate him and that is why he was found by police or rescue in that position.
Yes, but how do you try to resuscitate someone face down in the back seat of the vehicle?

Yes, but how do you try to resuscitate someone face down in the back seat of the vehicle?

I agree, if I tried to resuscitate an infant, first of all I would not stop until first responders arrive as that is one of the cardinal rules of CPR, but if I DID determine that the infant had been deceased too long to rescue or became too fatigued or emotionally distraught to continue, I wouldn't place the poor little soul FACE DOWN for crying out loud. Who DOES that?? Sounds like someone couldn't handle the guilt of looking at his agonized little face. :(

Imo, something about this tragedy stinks. Sorry, maybe it is just me...

For example, the parents are quoted in this article as saying, among other things:

Larson, who has a son of her own, was watching the infant and his sister for about six weeks as a favor to give the parents time to get back on their feet.

...and...

'I came to give my son a teddy bear... and give him one last goodbye.

'There's going to be negativity, people are skeptical.

Why? Why would they think "people are skeptical"? After all, it was the cousin who left that precious little boy in the hot car all day. So, why would the parents think people would be "skeptical" unless they know there is something to be "skeptical" about?

Also, from this article:

"I just got out to my car, he's dead, my baby's dead," said the 911 caller. "He was left in the car, I can't believe I did that!"

Why on earth would the cousin report to 911 that she left her baby in the car?

And then, there is this:

"The initial incident report released earlier today indicates that Trenton was found face down on the backseat of Larson’s silver, 2008 Honda SUV and out of his car seat," said spokesman Davidson. "According to Larson’s statement, when she discovered Trenton in the vehicle Friday afternoon, she removed him from the car seat and called out for help. A bystander came to her aid and attempted to resuscitate Trenton, but when the efforts failed, Trenton was placed on the back seat in the position he was found when deputies arrived."

So... when efforts to resuscitate Trenton failed, they allegedly "placed him on the back seat, face down"????

Also, I notice that DCFS was called in to investigate the parents. Again, why? Could it be that LE thought something seemed fishy, too?

Either way, and imnsho, we are not getting the full story. I hope they do an autopsy. Bc I cannot help but to wonder if the child was gone before this woman left him in the car all day, and they staged it to look like they "forgot" him to avoid further investigation into what really happened. That is, I simply do not buy the, "Oops, I forgot to drop him off at daycare" story. Esp in light of what has been said/reported thus far.

Eta ~ it appears DCFS had previously investigated Trenton and his sister. (link)

The Florida Department of Children and Families said it has investigated Trenton and his sister in the past.

"There were no verified reports of abuse or neglect regarding this child," said John Harrell, DCF spokesman. Harrell said DCF did not have any involvement placing Trenton in Larson's care but now DCF is investigating his death.

While they claim there were no reports of abuse, DCFS does not investigate families out of the blue. Just sayin...

Imo, something about this tragedy stinks. Sorry, maybe it is just me...

For example, the parents are quoted in this article as saying, among other things:

Larson, who has a son of her own, was watching the infant and his sister for about six weeks as a favor to give the parents time to get back on their feet.

...and...

'I came to give my son a teddy bear... and give him one last goodbye.

'There's going to be negativity, people are skeptical.

Why? Why would they think "people are skeptical"? After all, it was the cousin who left that precious little boy in the hot car all day. So, why would the parents think people would be "skeptical" unless they know there is something to be "skeptical" about?

Also, from this article:

"I just got out to my car, he's dead, my baby's dead," said the 911 caller. "He was left in the car, I can't believe I did that!"

Why on earth would the cousin report to 911 that she left her baby in the car?

And then, there is this:

"The initial incident report released earlier today indicates that Trenton was found face down on the backseat of Larson’s silver, 2008 Honda SUV and out of his car seat," said spokesman Davidson. "According to Larson’s statement, when she discovered Trenton in the vehicle Friday afternoon, she removed him from the car seat and called out for help. A bystander came to her aid and attempted to resuscitate Trenton, but when the efforts failed, Trenton was placed on the back seat in the position he was found when deputies arrived."

So... when efforts to resuscitate Trenton failed, they allegedly "placed him on the back seat, face down"????

Also, I notice that DCFS was called in to investigate the parents. Again, why? Could it be that LE thought something seemed fishy, too?

Either way, and imnsho, we are not getting the full story. I hope they do an autopsy. Bc I cannot help but to wonder if the child was gone before this woman left him in the car all day, and they staged it to look like they "forgot" him to avoid further investigation into what really happened. That is, I simply do not buy the, "Oops, I forgot to drop him off at daycare" story. Esp in light of what has been said/reported thus far.

Eta ~ it appears DCFS had previously investigated Trenton and his sister. (link)

The Florida Department of Children and Families said it has investigated Trenton and his sister in the past.

"There were no verified reports of abuse or neglect regarding this child," said John Harrell, DCF spokesman. Harrell said DCF did not have any involvement placing Trenton in Larson's care but now DCF is investigating his death.

While they claim there were no reports of abuse, DCFS does not investigate families out of the blue. Just sayin...

I'm right there with you. I don't think this article has been posted yet -- the "caregiver" has been placed on administrative leave by the school:

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/baby-who-died-after-being-left-suv-identified/nnj4X/

Is it wrong of me to be glad that the giving has kind of stalled out at $860 on their fundraising page? Most funeral providers will work with families on a payment plan if they can't afford to pay....I feel that the family should be able to just take the money that they would have spent on formula, diapers and daycare for the next few months and have a pretty decent funeral. It bothers me that the fundraising page has a gigantic picture of baby Trenton's face and is entitled "Help for Baby Trenton," when in reality poor baby Trenton is way beyond helping now. Why not call it what it is -- money for the people who neglected to care for Baby Trenton properly? Oh, that's right.... because people wouldn't be as likely to open their wallets.

What kind of world is this where alerts and public service announcements are even thought of as necessary, to remind people not to leave children or pets in cars? WTH is wrong here?

I agree, if I tried to resuscitate an infant, first of all I would not stop until first responders arrive as that is one of the cardinal rules of CPR, but if I DID determine that the infant had been deceased too long to rescue or became too fatigued or emotionally distraught to continue, I wouldn't place the poor little soul FACE DOWN for crying out loud. Who DOES that?? Sounds like someone couldn't handle the guilt of looking at his agonized little face. :(

BBM THIS

One only has to read about the science of hot car deaths to understand how gruesome a death it is.

ETA link to Cooper Harris's thread, with the science info. WARNING it's very graphic reading http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Science-amp-Statistics-Behind-Hot-Car-Deaths

The infant had been in Larson's care for the last six weeks, said Sheriff's spokesman Gary Davidson. Larson is a cousin of Collins and at the scene Monday evening, both Collins and Cason told reporters that Larson had the baby because they are strapped financially. Collins and Cason also have a 3-year-old daughter that was in Larson's care.

Davidson said Larson told Sheriff's investigators that the day of the baby's death, she had three children in her sport utility vehicle. She had dropped her son off at his school, then left Trenton's sister at her bus stop and was then supposed to leave Trenton at a daycare. She forgot to drive to the daycare and instead went straight to Deltona Middle School where Davidson said she arrived about 7:30 a.m. She did not discover Trenton in her Honda SUV until just before 4 p.m.

BBM

She left the THREE YEAR OLD at her bus stop? Are we serious? I got nothing, just nothing. :banghead:

After a glass of wine I will have plenty to say, but probably won't so I don't get a TO.

BBM

She left the THREE YEAR OLD at her bus stop? Are we serious? I got nothing, just nothing. :banghead:

After a glass of wine I will have plenty to say, but probably won't so I don't get a TO.

Good catch! My BS meter just went to 11.

So, as much as I think this "story" it total BS and stinks to high heaven, what was the motive? Was she pizzed she had to care for someone elses kids or did she think they'd be better off dead?

I mean bio parents are total crap, mom is a biter (seriously, WTH with that, trashy?), kids aren't with them, auntie/cousin whatever is their guardian, but SHE drops a THREE YEAR OLD at a BUS STOP, then leaves a baby to die in a hot car. (Funny she remembered to drop her OWN child at his school).

Was there a hope that the 3-year-old sister would also meet a "tragic" end after being dropped off (still cannot wrap my head around that) at her bus stop? Were both kids supposed to die?

I refuse to believe either incident was benign or accidental. She is a middle school teacher, no? She dropped her OWN child off safely at his school, no? So she then leaves a toddler at a bus stop and an infant to die a horrific death in her hot car?

No. Uh uh.

There is ZERO, I mean ZERO excuse for leaving a baby to die in a hot car. This has become a lame, and shockingly acceptable excuse for murdering children.

My prayer is that Justin Ross Harris gets the max and perhaps the laws will change to hold adults legally responsible for such atrocities.

*gingerly stepping off soap box*

http://m.news-journalonline.com/Section/28/Article/150939964

Apparently daddy is married to someone other than Trenton's mom. Together they have a daughter who is only 3 years younger than Trenton's mommy. His wife is A-OK with the situation and fully supports her husband, his baby-momma and the absent-minded caregiver. In fact, she is the one who started up the fundraising page for them, which sadly is picking up steam, despite demonstrating a rather poor command of the English language.

http://m.news-journalonline.com/Section/28/Article/150939964

Apparently daddy is married to someone other than Trenton's mom. Together they have a daughter who is only 3 years younger than Trenton's mommy. His wife is A-OK with the situation and fully supports her husband, his baby-momma and the absent-minded caregiver. In fact, she is the one who started up the fundraising page for them, which sadly is picking up steam, despite demonstrating a rather poor command of the English language.

Good grief.

So, as much as I think this "story" it total BS and stinks to high heaven, what was the motive? Was she pizzed she had to care for someone elses kids or did she think they'd be better off dead?

I mean bio parents are total crap, mom is a biter (seriously, WTH with that, trashy?), kids aren't with them, auntie/cousin whatever is their guardian, but SHE drops a THREE YEAR OLD at a BUS STOP, then leaves a baby to die in a hot car. (Funny she remembered to drop her OWN child at his school).

Was there a hope that the 3-year-old sister would also meet a "tragic" end after being dropped off (still cannot wrap my head around that) at her bus stop? Were both kids supposed to die?

I refuse to believe either incident was benign or accidental. She is a middle school teacher, no? She dropped her OWN child off safely at his school, no? So she then leaves a toddler at a bus stop and an infant to die a horrific death in her hot car?

No. Uh uh.

There is ZERO, I mean ZERO excuse for leaving a baby to die in a hot car. This has become a lame, and shockingly acceptable excuse for murdering children.

My prayer is that Justin Ross Harris gets the max and perhaps the laws will change to hold adults legally responsible for such atrocities.

*gingerly stepping off soap box*

:goodpost:

Amen. You said it ALL for me. Especially the BBM.

BBM THIS

One only has to read about the science of hot car deaths to understand how gruesome a death it is.

ETA link to Cooper Harris's thread, with the science info. WARNING it's very graphic reading http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Science-amp-Statistics-Behind-Hot-Car-Deaths

Thank you very much for that link. I knew it would be unpleasant to read, but I wanted to because I didn't know much of the science behind these kinds of deaths. Gruesome is right. I have no words for it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back