FL - Wilson & Brenda Sullivan for starving, abusing adopted kids, Jacksonville, 2005

Brenda and Wilson Sullivan pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges of aggravated child abuse resulting from authorities finding their 17-year-old grossly underweight and sleeping in a locked crib.

A police report says the boy was starving and suffered psychosocial dwarfism -- a lack of physical and emotional growth caused by abuse. Authorities also say he was forced to wear a diaper.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/4330823/detail.html?subid=22100425&qs=1;bp=t

http://www.news4jax.com/news/15251310/detail.html
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A woman faces up to 20 years in prison for keeping her 17-year-old adopted son caged in her Jacksonville home.

Brenda Sullivan pleaded guilty Thursday to three counts of aggravated child abuse. Prosecutors agreed to drop lesser child-neglect charges.

Oh my Lord. How awful is that? That breaks my heart. Instead of facing 20 years they should have Brenda put in a crib and starved, and make her wear a diaper. Man, that is just heart breaking.

Oh my Lord. How awful is that? That breaks my heart. Instead of facing 20 years they should have Brenda put in a crib and starved, and make her wear a diaper. Man, that is just heart breaking.
Yeah..and look at her fat self, yet she saw fit to starve a child. I just don't freaking get it!

:behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar

I found the statement by Brenda Sullivan's attorney Lee Locket, appalling & disturbing, Brenda was "originally charged with child neglect" and "the state for whatever reason," decided to upgrade the charges to aggravated child abuse". What does he mean "for whatever reason", how about because this poor boy was almost starved to death, and kept in a crib/cage. Charges of aggravated child abuse is punishable by up to 30 years. I hope she gets all 30 of them!

It took 17 years for this to be noticed? That in itself is appalling. You can't tell me that these 's didn't have any visitors, family etc.

It took 17 years for this to be noticed? That in itself is appalling. You can't tell me that these 's didn't have any visitors, family etc.
i know it said he was adopted but i did not see where it said what age he was when he was adopted just that he was 17 when found.

i know it said he was adopted but i did not see where it said what age he was when he was adopted just that he was 17 when found.
He was adopted when he was 6. :( Poor kid. He gained 27 pounds and grew a 1/2 inch during the first two months. Look how freaking FAT that pig is who starved her son. What a b*tch. Hope she serves the full 30 year sentence.
:mad:

He was adopted when he was 6. :( Poor kid. He gained 27 pounds and grew a 1/2 inch during the first two months. Look how freaking FAT that pig is who starved her son. What a b*tch. Hope she serves the full 30 year sentence.
:mad:

Yea and she kept him locked up because he "gorged himself at night". I don't think he was the one with the problem. IT was her fat *advertiser censored**. Hope she likes jail food.

Where were the school authorities?? Why didn't anyone check why he wasn't in school??

His so called "foster parents" didn't have any relatives that came over?? Friends?????

How does a child go unnoticed for 11 years????????????

This is horrible, that poor child will never completely recover psychosocial dwarfism. They need to lock up the parents for life.
I'm not sure if anyone remembers the case of 'Genie' in CA in which she was isolated for 13 years. Children are never able to fully recover from this type of severe abuse. They honestly recover better when raised by animals as they are able to fulfill their emotional requirements with the animals.

Below is an interesting site. It is legit, and talks about children who were raised by animals or in isolation.
http://www.feralchildren.com/en/showchild.php?ch=genie

Yea and she kept him locked up because he "gorged himself at night". I don't think he was the one with the problem. IT was her fat *advertiser censored**. Hope she likes jail food.
I am right there with you on those thoughts. I guess she thought he might eat something good that she wanted for herself. I really wanted to cry when I read the article. Why, dear God WHY are people mean to kids? I can't understand. Kids are the most wonderful, forgiving creatures God gives us. Kids love their parents. (most of them) Why abuse a little one? Sounds like they were adopting the special needs kids and living off the government SS checks for these kids. I really can't read anymore about this. I just can't take it. :( *crying*

http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstories/story.aspx?content_id=37a2e7f8-0938-4dcb-9aa3-b751af944ab7
A woman accused of keeping her 17-year-old adopted son caged in her Jacksonville home may soon learn her fate.

A large portion of the sentencing hearing for Brenda Sullivan took place on Friday, however, it was not expected to be completed until a later date.

Sullivan was wiping tears from her eyes as she sat in the courtroom Friday morning.

The state called a pediatrician to the stand who examined her 17-year-old adopted son when he was first removed from the home. The doctor says the ten weighed 48 pounds, and suffered from psycho-social dwarfism. The doctor said he walked like a person who had been in a concentration camp, and had developmental delays from being malnourished and not being loved.

I would bet that he looked for food at night because he wasn't fed all day. This is the worst case of cruelty and I also bet they were receiving benefits for the children.

Really?? Because I am hoping the other prisoners know of her crime and beat her daily and take her food .. Maybe they can let her have a half slice of bread and some water.. Just enough to keep her alive so she can feel the pain of starving like she did to this poor child.

Really?? Because I am hoping the other prisoners know of her crime and beat her daily and take her food .. Maybe they can let her have a half slice of bread and some water.. Just enough to keep her alive so she can feel the pain of starving like she did to this poor child.

I'll go for that plann too. I always love it when you see the abuser crying in court, like they have something to cry about. My son is 9 and weighs 58 lbs and I think he is so skinny, I am always trying to make him eat, LOL. He is always saying mom I just ate.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The family of a woman who pleaded guilty earlier this year to locking her teenage son in a bed told a judge she is not the monster prosecutors make her out to be and urged him not to give her a long prison sentence.

Brenda Sullivan could receive up to 20 years on three counts of aggravated child abuse.

In the first of what could be a three-day sentencing hearing, Sullivan's stepson testified that she locked her teenage son in what he called a pedia-crib for his own protection
http://www.news4jax.com/news/16299133/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back