FL - Wilson & Brenda Sullivan for starving, abusing adopted kids, Jacksonville, 2005

Really?? Because I am hoping the other prisoners know of her crime and beat her daily and take her food .. Maybe they can let her have a half slice of bread and some water.. Just enough to keep her alive so she can feel the pain of starving like she did to this poor child.

Me too, but don't forget the diapers.

:furious:

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The family of a woman who pleaded guilty earlier this year to locking her teenage son in a bed told a judge she is not the monster prosecutors make her out to be and urged him not to give her a long prison sentence.

Brenda Sullivan could receive up to 20 years on three counts of aggravated child abuse.

In the first of what could be a three-day sentencing hearing, Sullivan's stepson testified that she locked her teenage son in what he called a pedia-crib for his own protection
http://www.news4jax.com/news/16299133/detail.html

Twenty years?! That's not even close to what she (& hubby) deserves.:banghead:

She is one mean looking person..would not want to meet her in a dark alley and would not want to cross her if I was one of her kids. Question..I have reared teens in my recent past, and at times they were well unmanageable, and they got time out, but not in a crib! :eek:

This is beyond bizarre..so the kid ate food at night..obviously because he didn't get any through out the day. She needs to look at who exactly has the mental health issues in this case , as well as the weight issues...she is a piece of filth that never should have been given him in the first place!

20 YEARS..SHE ISN'T FIT TO WALK THE STREETS.

What those two unacceptable excuses for humans did to their son was in some ways worse than murder. Had they murdered him he would not been unloved, starved, isolated, and overall horribly abused for all of those years. What are his chances of any semblance of healing?

I think the sorry piece of garbage should have gone away for life, but since the slimes didn't physically murder him perhaps our laws couldn't make that happen. I hope she is forever hungry in prison.

In 2005, investigators went to Sullivan’s home after getting a tip of child abuse. Inside the woman’s home, they said they found her 17-year-old adopted son nearly starved to death.

Two other children were also found to be malnourished.

Sullivan pleaded guilty to three counts of aggravated child abuse.

Two of those children took the stand in Sullivan’s sentencing hearing on Thursday. Each described to the court how they were always hungry and denied food. They said they were forced to sleep in a crib that was converted into a cage.

One of the children, a young girl, described how Sullivan used to duct-tape her every night:
Prosecutor: Who put you to bed?
Daughter: My mom.
Prosecutor: And how would you get into your bed?
Daughter: They put me in bed because I would be duct-taped.
Prosecutor: Tell us about that. How would you be duct-taped?
Daughter: Head to my feet. My arms right here and to my feet.
Prosecutor: Do you know why you were duct-taped?
Daughter: No.
Prosecutor: Do you know how often you were duct taped?
Daughter: Every day.
Prosecutor: Would you sometimes be awake when you were in your bed cage?
Daughter: Yes.
A caseworker told the court that the girl told her Sullivan would bite her, and the employee said the child had bite marks.

“The children that testified here today want to see who they still call Mom. They don’t understand why they’re never going to be able to talk to her, and it’s a tragic situation,” Schelx said.

Sullivan’s attorney, Chuck Fletcher, said the picture painted of his client is unfair. He believes she never did some of the things described.

“It’s a tough case. I’ve had death-penalty cases that were not as tough as this one. It was a tough case,” said Fletcher.

He also said they plan to appeal the sentence handed down on Thursday.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/16368278/detail.html
more at link.

Brenda M. Sullivan, 51, pleaded guilty in January to three counts of aggravated child abuse in a case that a Jacksonville pediatrician called the worst he'd seen in 30 years of treating child-abuse victims.
"Their general environment was that of an animal," Circuit Judge Mallory Cooper said. "That's how they lived. They lived in a cage."
Sullivan will appeal the sentence, her lawyer said.
The mother claimed when arrested that the cagelike contraption her 49-pound, 17-year-old mentally disabled son was found in was prescribed by a doctor when they lived in Ohio. But the doctor testified in March that he prescribed the crib when the boy was 7 and it never had the slatted wood covering that Florida investigators found when they arrested Sullivan and her husband, Wilson, in 2005.
Assistant State Attorney Julie Schlax said the doctor was near tears when he saw the "perversion" the crib had become.
Wilson Sullivan died of cancer while the case was pending.
The teenager weighed 3 ounces less than he did at age 7 when the Sullivans adopted him. Now 20, he weighs 169.
"There's only one conclusion when you look at the medical evidence in this case, and that is that she literally starved him," Schlax said.
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/052308/met_281934078.shtml

What a piece of filth this women is..she isn't human..she deserves to be put in a crib in jail, fed seldom and duct taped often. Even that doesn't seem punishment enough for though she has treated 3 young lives in her care. There just aren't words to describe my feelings toward her right now..except she deserves no words or feelings , nothing at this point. I hope the other two children can be healed of the abuse they received living with this creature.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back