GUILTY FL - Yariel Alexander-Mateo, 2, scalded & beaten to death, Kissimmee, 12 Oct 2009

Maybe someone should pour boiling water on him before giving him the death penalty.

The more I read these types of stories the more I think we need to require a license to have a baby.

Idiots....

Florida....how completely unsurprising....my prayers for this family.

I was thinking the same thing. At the risk of being blasted, what the heck is with that state? Did every child abusing moron move there or is it the heat or what?

I was thinking the same thing. At the risk of being blasted, what the heck is with that state? Did every child abusing moron move there or is it the heat or what?

That questions crosses my mind once a day. My sister says that it's like sewage running downhill.

And now I will ask forgiveness from all my FL friends. I know that ignorance and crime are not limited to one state and that there are many beautiful things about FL. Still, for my money, it is disproportionately represented in crime news.

Let's translate the true meaning behind Alicea's words:

Alicea told detectives he pushed the child's head with his left hand, causing the child to lose consciousness and appear to not be breathing. The teen attempted CPR without success. He also said he boiled a pot of water and poured it over the toddler, saying he thought it would revive him.

Pushed = Pummelled the head repeatedly, possibly with an object.

Attempted CPR without success = Probably threw the child against a wall, possibly kicked/punched in the chest for good measure.

Boiled a pot of water and poured it over the toddler = Boiled a pot of water (water boils in what? EIGHT minutes?) and poured it over the toddler in an act of thought-out, cold-hearted and clear-headed cruelty, probably as further "punishment" for soiling. If he got pissed enough to grab an already boiling pot of water and threw it, that would be bad enough. But he apparently took the time to put water in the pot, put it on the stove, and waited for it to boil.

I wish this 19 year old a very long life indeed. Behind bars in general population.

That questions crosses my mind once a day. My sister says that it's like sewage running downhill.

And now I will ask forgiveness from all my FL friends. I know that ignorance and crime are not limited to one state and that there are many beautiful things about FL. Still, for my money, it is disproportionately represented in crime news.

I feel the same way!!! I'm thinking it's because they have the "sunshine" law - so we hear more of the horror that goes on there. Still, ya have to wonder.....

I hope this bas*ard fries. Poor little baby boy...

From
http://www.wftv.com/countybycounty/21271455/detail.html

Alicea said he did not call 911, because his cell phone was disconnected and he didn’t like to rely on neighbors for help.

What the hell? You know, "child not breathing" has to be one of the few universally recognized times when it is totally ok to "bother" the neighbours.

This case still boggles my mind - in what universe is "boiling water" a first-aid reaction to not breathing???

I am so sad, thinking about what this little boy went through. Beaten, and lord-knows-what, because he refused to eat and soiled his pants (left in the care of a guy with anger problems like this, I wouldn't be surprized if he pooped himself out or fear or depression), and then beaten some more because he wouldn't change his clothes! HE WAS TWO YEARS OLD, you monster.

I wish we had a name and a picture of the little guy.

We should all get t-shirts reading: "Just because he's screwing you, that doesn't mean he loves your kids as his own."

sigh.

I love this!!!!! Only I would be bashful to wear it. I would probably have to change mine to something like - "just because he says he likes you, doesn't mean he likes your kids." But I would be thinking what you posted the whole time I wore it.

Does Trisha have one of these in the websleuth store?

I'm serious - I'm getting a T-Shirt like this and I'm going to wear it everytime I know I am going to be around single moms!

I also think single moms should be arrested for child endangerment everytime they leave their children with a boyfriend and something bad happens. I don't care if they are at work. Bfriend has no business taking care of the kids unless mom has known him for a very long time and knows his family and gets along with his mother, etc. etc.

Salem

I love this!!!!! Only I would be bashful to wear it. I would probably have to change mine to something like - "just because he says he likes you, doesn't mean he likes your kids." But I would be thinking what you posted the whole time I wore it.

I'm serious - I'm getting a T-Shirt like this and I'm going to wear it everytime I know I am going to be around single moms!

I also think single moms should be arrested for child endangerment everytime they leave their children with a boyfriend and something bad happens. I don't care if they are at work. Bfriend has no business taking care of the kids unless mom has known him for a very long time and knows his family and gets along with his mother, etc. etc.

Salem

I really don't want to be seen as bashing single moms, being nearly one myself, but these stories are seriously pizzing me off.

I don't want to bash single moms either. I was one. But reminding them to use common sense can't hurt anything, can it?

Something needs to be done. Not all boyfriends are bad, either. But it takes time to figure that out. Not two nights in the hay and then... oh yeah, will ya babysit for me???

Salem

From

What the hell? You know, "child not breathing" has to be one of the few universally recognized times when it is totally ok to "bother" the neighbours.

This case still boggles my mind - in what universe is "boiling water" a first-aid reaction to not breathing???

I am so sad, thinking about what this little boy went through. Beaten, and lord-knows-what, because he refused to eat and soiled his pants (left in the care of a guy with anger problems like this, I wouldn't be surprized if he pooped himself out or fear or depression), and then beaten some more because he wouldn't change his clothes! HE WAS TWO YEARS OLD, you monster.

I wish we had a name and a picture of the little guy.

Name and picture are in the article. in my opinion.

I know better than to read in the Crimes thread. I just can't take this stuff. It is heartbreaking.

Salem

Salem

ITA Salem. But I also don't believe teens should be having children and I wonder where in the HE** their families are!!!

We see cases like this much too often here on WS. We really need to come up with better solutions for kids who have kids. Then again, you really have to wonder why so many teens are having babies they cannot support on their own. There is a serious breakdown somewhere along the way. Of course, there are success stories. But IMO, babies should not be having babies. There is just too much risk involved.

Name and picture are in the article. in my opinion.

I know better than to read in the Crimes thread. I just can't take this stuff. It is heartbreaking.

Salem

Thanks, yes, I saw the murdering - I'd like a name and picture of the 2 year old, so I know how to address this further innocent victim in the war on children that seems to be raging around us constantly.

I think a general policy of waiting - once you dump the father of your baby, at least wait until the baby is old enough to talk (preferably defend him or herself) before you jump in with another jerk.

All this stems from girls who will take any form of love they can get - first, they get pregnant, and then rush headlong into whatever relationship they can find. People who cannot bear to be alone cause a world load of grief.

Particularly because they trade the love they are blessed with in their child for the cheap, transitory form of love they get with their latest loser.

It's an epidemic.

Thanks, yes, I saw the murdering - I'd like a name and picture of the 2 year old, so I know how to address this further innocent victim in the war on children that seems to be raging around us constantly.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. Yes, a picture of the precious child would be nice. Maybe we should start a myspace or facebook for remembering little children that have lost their lives to violence? I'm not very good at those social networking sites, but I have seen some beautiful pages for the missing.

My stomach hurts. :( Reading here and catching up on Erin. Sooooo sad. And it makes me feel so helpless. I soooooooooo wish I could step in the middle and take the pain and hurt away. Many tears for these babies.

Salem

...and a tough one at that.

This case raises so many issues that need attention...none new.

This cause would be a fantastic CNN Heroes candidate...if only.

bbl on another computer...this one is stalling, such that I cannot type a cogent reply :-/

The little boy's mother was working at Disney when 19-year-old Jonathan Alicea allegedly committed the crime. Alicea says he waited until his girlfriend came home Sunday night, at least a half hour after the child had stopped breathing, then carried him down the steps wrapped in a towel. She could see burns on her child and said his explanation was very disturbing.

Alicea said he pushed the boy's head, which knocked him out and stopped him from breathing. He said he put the boy in an empty dresser drawer and tried reviving him. When that didn't work, he boiled a pot of water and poured it on the child

more at the link

would a 2 year old fit in a drawer, and why would someone put him in a drawer? This guy has major issues, and I don't mena mental I mean evil issues.

It's Florida, so maybe he'll get the DP. If not, I sure hope they never let this sicko out. He should never be allowed on the streets again.

<snipped>
The little boy's mother was working at Disney when 19-year-old Jonathan Alicea allegedly committed the crime.

So she was using her boyfriend for babysitting. Thats easier to accept although just as sad.

Without adequate childcare options people apparently take chances. I'm sure it's done every day and will continue until some stronger family values come about.

Turn that idiot into dogfood....

The little boy's mother was working at Disney when 19-year-old Jonathan Alicea allegedly committed the crime. Alicea says he waited until his girlfriend came home Sunday night, at least a half hour after the child had stopped breathing, then carried him down the steps wrapped in a towel. She could see burns on her child and said his explanation was very disturbing.

Alicea said he pushed the boy's head, which knocked him out and stopped him from breathing. He said he put the boy in an empty dresser drawer and tried reviving him. When that didn't work, he boiled a pot of water and poured it on the child

more at the link

would a 2 year old fit in a drawer, and why would someone put him in a drawer? This guy has major issues, and I don't mena mental I mean evil issues.

I dont think it makes it any better that this mom was working when the BF killed her child. If you cant get a decent sitter, then stay at home!

This is the reason I have chosen to be a stay at home mom. I just don't trust people.

Last year I enrolled my kids in a supposedly well reputed daycare facility for two days a week, so I could go back to work part time. But it didn't last long.. when I picked them up one day, my eldest daughter was teary and then I noticed a bruise around the top of her arm where the child care worker had grabbed her when she wouldnt have a sleep. (she was 4 1/2 at the time and way past needing an afternoon nap).

I dont care that I dont have that extra money that a part-time job would bring in- at least my kids are safe with me.
As harsh as it may sound the mother bares some responsibility in this crime too. She chose to leave her child with a monster.
This guy is so messed up- there had to have been signs.
JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24