GUILTY FL - Yariel Alexander-Mateo, 2, scalded & beaten to death, Kissimmee, 12 Oct 2009

I wonder if the he thought the child was dead and poured the boiling water on the child to cover up something like blood, a dented skull. Afterall if I read it right the boyfriend's hand was swollen. I don't want to think what a hard blow it would take to make his hand swell. I also wonder if there was sexual abuse. Yes it just gets worse and worse.

It seems kind of iffy to me that the dinner was hotdogs and scrambled eggs. I wonder if those were boiled hotdogs? Seems to me, he already had the boiling water on hand, and I am very suspicious as to which really came first. (Baby gets scalded, either by accident or on purpose, and screams; BF panics, and beats him into silence?)

I dont care that I dont have that extra money that a part-time job would bring in- at least my kids are safe with me.

I'm not defending this woman's choice in boyfriend, but that is a bit pie-in-the-sky for me. Or 'let them eat cake' or something along those lines. I'm a working mother and while I have the benefit of a good husband and loving parents/grandparents, not everyone is working for a little extra pocket money so they can go to the movies. Life happens, and you could be one financial catastrophe away from having to get a 'part-time job.'

I've said many times before that if something was to happen to my husband, I'd not introduce another man into their lives until they're out of the house. I know there are great guys out there, but humans are, at their base, animals and many male animals have a compulsion to destroy offspring of other males. It's biology, and I don't think many humans are that far removed from that.

However, that doesn't mean this woman ever saw signs of abuse. Maybe this is like the shaken-baby scenario where the husband/BF never abused the child until he just snapped. Perhaps she had no clue about the sex charges. Doubtful, I realize, but while there are a ton of cases where I'll advocate locking the mom right up with the BF, I just don't think we know enough on this one and blaming her for working is really making the issue about something else entirely. This monster could have killed this baby while the mom was taking a shower, or having a nap. Outside gardening. The mom's job didn't kill this baby. Her waste of air boyfriend did.

I'm not defending this woman's choice in boyfriend, but that is a bit pie-in-the-sky for me. Or 'let them eat cake' or something along those lines. I'm a working mother and while I have the benefit of a good husband and loving parents/grandparents, not everyone is working for a little extra pocket money so they can go to the movies. Life happens, and you could be one financial catastrophe away from having to get a 'part-time job.'

I've said many times before that if something was to happen to my husband, I'd not introduce another man into their lives until they're out of the house. I know there are great guys out there, but humans are, at their base, animals and many male animals have a compulsion to destroy offspring of other males. It's biology, and I don't think many humans are that far removed from that.

However, that doesn't mean this woman ever saw signs of abuse. Maybe this is like the shaken-baby scenario where the husband/BF never abused the child until he just snapped. Perhaps she had no clue about the sex charges. Doubtful, I realize, but while there are a ton of cases where I'll advocate locking the mom right up with the BF, I just don't think we know enough on this one and blaming her for working is really making the issue about something else entirely. This monster could have killed this baby while the mom was taking a shower, or having a nap. Outside gardening. The mom's job didn't kill this baby. Her waste of air boyfriend did.

Without a doubt this 19 yr old sadist is entirely responsible for his heinous actions.
And while I know nothing about the mom in this case, I'm sure that she like most of us with kids, would be blaming herself on some level. That is human nature too.

When my lil one was 2, she reached up and poured a bowl of hot soup down onto herself. I had only turned away for 3-5 secs, but I still felt guilty, because I should have been watching the whole time. I knew better.

In regards to the work issue I should have clarified that the extra $ I would have been making was an attempt to start a savings account for medical expenses and emergencies. I live week to week. Have had to sell off my book collection, have garage sales etc to pay the bills sometimes.

This was a choice I made for me and my children because of my own personal history. I am not critisizing working moms, just any parent, working or not ,who put zero thought into who they leave their children with. And whether the mom is at work, shopping, or out partying at that time makes zero difference to me.

It's about having too much blind trust.
JMO

And while I know nothing about the mom in this case, I'm sure that she like most of us with kids, would be blaming herself on some level. That is human nature too.

Sadly you cannot assume all other humans have the same feelings for their children, or the same sense of responsibility/guilt. As a society we like to PRETEND that is the case but it really is not!

Many of these "mothers" often try to cover for their boyfriends once the damage was done, and act like they don't know what happened.

I worked with a woman that casually mentioned an ex beat her 5 year old daughter to death. I was rather shocked that she would tell me about the incident in the manner in which she did. The boyfriend was a drug addict that had once nearly strangled her to death yet she claimed she had NO IDEA he might turn on her daughter. She regularly left her daughter alone with the guy all day long as she worked (and of course supported his lazy loafing butt...some women are so desperate for a man they will do anything). She blamed the JUDGE for only giving the guy 15 years. She never ONCE stated she felt a sense of responsibility, but just said she had "no idea" such a thing could happen. Her lack of guilt or remorse prompted me to ask "you telling me you NEVER saw signs?" and that is when she said "oh well once time he tried to strangel me to death, but I never thought it would happen to my daughter".

People do NOT all have the same feelings or same sense of guilt. This woman went on to have another 6 kids with another husband.

Bottom line is most of these baby killers have prior criminal records and the mothers are not bothered by it, they are just so glad to have a "man around".

Sadly you cannot assume all other humans have the same feelings for their children, or the same sense of responsibility/guilt. As a society we like to PRETEND that is the case but it really is not!

Many of these "mothers" often try to cover for their boyfriends once the damage was done, and act like they don't know what happened.

I worked with a woman that casually mentioned an ex beat her 5 year old daughter to death. I was rather shocked that she would tell me about the incident in the manner in which she did. The boyfriend was a drug addict that had once nearly strangled her to death yet she claimed she had NO IDEA he might turn on her daughter. She regularly left her daughter alone with the guy all day long as she worked (and of course supported his lazy loafing butt...some women are so desperate for a man they will do anything). She blamed the JUDGE for only giving the guy 15 years. She never ONCE stated she felt a sense of responsibility, but just said she had "no idea" such a thing could happen. Her lack of guilt or remorse prompted me to ask "you telling me you NEVER saw signs?" and that is when she said "oh well once time he tried to strangel me to death, but I never thought it would happen to my daughter".

People do NOT all have the same feelings or same sense of guilt. This woman went on to have another 6 kids with another husband.

Bottom line is most of these baby killers have prior criminal records and the mothers are not bothered by it, they are just so glad to have a "man around".

ITA: I too know someone very similar to your coworker. This mother hooked up with guy online who offered to babysit so she could go out. Needless to say his "love for kids" doesnt fit in our definition of love. She even moved in with the guy. After his arrest for manufacturing, and disceminating child *advertiser censored* she said" I hope we can work this all out when he gets out....we can be a family again" :eek: Fortunately she doesnt have those children anymore.

Wow. 30 years in exchange for a life snuffed out so needlessly. ANOTHER miscarriage of justice... :furious:
The perp is very young so he won't be getting out of prison an old man. Hopefully his fellow inmates make his time there memorable.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back