For All The Mothers

I have 3 kids...a daughter who is the same age as Casey. We've discussed this very question..."What would you do if it was me, Mom?" First off, I know my daughter never would do half of the things that Casey has done. I'm not oblivious to her faults, but she has a sound moral character. IMO Casey has been damaged goods for a long time. I don't find what she has done with her family, friends...and now with dear Caylee to be out of character for her. I do not think life was easy for her parents, especially more difficult for her mother. This blind acceptance of her daughter's behavior IMO is not justified. To answer my daughter, I said..."You know I love you with all my heart, but I could not allow you to go unpunished for hurting your child or any other person for that matter." My father was an attorney and I grew up with a deep respect for the the law. I hope I've imparted this to my children.

I am a mother to a daugther who is 35 I also have 3 sons ages 27, 24 and 15. I do not have any grandchildren. What would I do? I don't know. I love all of my children...and I know that I would fight for all of my children if they were in the right. I've done that in the past. If they are in the wrong than that is something that they will have to pay the price for. I cannot protect my children if they have done something wrong. Will I always love them...yes...will I fight for them if I feel they are right...yes. But I feel that if any of my children are in the wrong then they will pay the price for it. I've have always tried to get it through there heads to always tell the truth no matter what. If I ever find out that they have lied to me than all heck would break loose. I've tried to teach my children that no matter how much trouble you think you are in...tell the truth because if you lie it is going to be much worst.
I would still love them...my love for my children is unconditional but they would have to pay the price for what they did and I would not protect them.
JMO
Deb

I am a mother of 2, and a grandmother of 3 (girls 10,8, and 4).

If this was my daughter, I wouldnt have covered for her lies all her life to begin with like the Anthonys did paying off her theft bills.
And if my daughter lied about my granddaughters whereabouts, especially after all this evidence was released, I would tell her, either tell the truth about my granddaughter or Im done with you, you're on your own and I would be out hunting with Equisearch, for my granddaughter every second of every day till I found her!, and my daughter would rot in jail. (and I told my daughter this and she agrees!)

I read an interesting post on another site by a man who said he is a homicide detective.

He sounded legit so I took notice. He said it is very common for grandparents from lower class or uneducated families to cover for their children even when it is appearent that they killed their grandchild.

I hope I'm not offending anyone by repeating that info. I don't know what to make of it...

I do want to make it clear, I am by no means saying that what Cindy is doing is right. Its just that I don't have kids so I don't know that bond. And I was just wondering if a mother would throw her daughter under the bus, for lack of better words. I was just curious. Please don't flame me. Just wanted to get some insight to try and understand Cindy and her words.
--------------------
No one will flame you.A true mothers love is somethig one can only feel by being a parent.Many here know how ill my son was,both of my children passed ~girl at birth,man at 36.I still "feel like a cord is spiritually attached" to each.It never goes away.I cannot fathom a loving mother acting like Casey does. Her beautiful daughter was a drag on her. I would have given my son my brain if it were possible.Many women here have lost children and I think we all feel about the same.Caseys actions are horrible and I pray God handles it one day. ((Hugs)) Nore

Well, I have a daughter the same age as Caylee and a son on the way. I am a mama bear too! I love with the whole of my being, and being apart from my daughter is like losing a part of myself.
BUT, if she were to do something this awful, I would have to turn her in. I say this now, but who knows really until we're in the shoes of the person making those decisions. I would love her however, I could NEVER turn my back on her, not for anything. I would not agree with her obviously and I would struggle, but I could never Disown my own child.
No matter how bad it was, I, as a mother I couldn't not love her.
I think part of loving your child is understanding that when they screw up they have to deal with it. NOT making them deal with reality is just another form of abuse.
I think that there was NO reality in this life for Casey Anthony. She's never had to deal with any kind of consequence in her life, she thought she could literally GET AWAY WITH MURDER. Not that it's an excuse for her, there is not a reason in the world to justify what she did, but she was spoiled and coddled and continues to be treated that way. The bond between Cindy and Casey seems a little one sided, like Cindy has this kind of feirce need to love and protect her and casey's not interested.
I can't say what the bond is between them is, I can only speak for myself, there is NOTHING that would make me love my daughter less, I might hate her actions and I WOULD make her deal with them-even if that meant spending the rest of her life locked away, but I COULD NOT turn my back and wash my hands of her. I don't know anyone who could.

I read an interesting post on another site by a man who said he is a homicide detective.

He sounded legit so I took notice. He said it is very common for grandparents from lower class or uneducated families to cover for their children even when it is appearent that they killed their grandchild.

I hope I'm not offending anyone by repeating that info. I don't know what to make of it...

I dont know in which class Cindy was raised in..but she obviously is educated to have become a nurse..

I think that fact probably stems as much from the huge distrust of LE prevalent in the groups mentioned, in addition to their family loyalties. And I don't mean to stereo type any group, but that was my experience living seven years in downtown Washington D.C.

I've not thought G&C in either category listed above. No matter how they are acting now, my impression was working, middle class "folk". JMO.

I have 6 children, my oldest is 18 and my parents first grandchild. My mother loves my sister's and I more then life itself, but she also loves our children.

I am 100% sure that if I did something even close to my son, that Casey has done and is continuing to do, my mother would not speak to me until I accepted responsibility for my own actions. I feel the same way about my own children. You can love your children unconditionally, but that does not mean you have to accept or condone certain behaviors/actions.

I would hate the thought of my child being in jail, but the thought of my grandchild not being accounted for? I would hate that even more.

I've raised three that are now 22, 21, and 20. My youngest is 13. I have let my 21 year old sit in jail for two weeks; I refused to bail him out. He ended up being transfered to the county hospital (while in custody) for an emergency appendectomy and boy, did I ever feel bad. I still didn't bail him out.

Man, that tough love hurts, but it's necessary.

He's a better man now.

If I found out he hurt my grandchild, I'd definitely let him face his own demons. I would still love him, but he would still have to take responsibility for his own actions.

Hi everyone... I am a mother of three- 11, 4 and 2 months. My only daughter (11) is a great daughter and I know you have a special bond with your children, but I know in my heart if she did a horrible crime such as this, I would make sure she owned up to it and I would not condone/defend her if she did commit the crime. I love my children but don't get me wrong covering up or not facing ALL possibilities is something I could just not do. It is hard to watch Cindy in the media, but IMO I don't know what I would if I were her, but I could not do what she is doing by defaming innocent volunteers searching for my grandaughter... It is hard to see her defend Casey it really is. This case has hurt my heart and I pray Caylee is found dead/alive. Thanks for creating this post. I am hugging and kissing my kids everyday for that I am blessed to have children.. They are a blessing that should NEVER be taken for granted.

HI,
I raised two sons alone and they are now 28 and 24, they are both in the military and I quit partying and I too had my first at 19 years old like Casey.
Is it scary? YES! I walked out on their dad at 3 mos. pregnant with my second as he was doing drugs and I had to do what was right for my children.
I went to school and got a certificate in law, then I went and got a certificate to be a medical assistant. Then at 35 I finally earned a degree in college for Radio TV and Film and then I started my own business (still have it) I had a REASON when they were born as I was raised in an alcoholic family environment without the alcohol if that makes sense.
My mom was a nurse and my dad was a draftsman.
We were not allowed to sit on our rears in my house, we were not allowed more than an hour of TV a day.
I was not nurtured by my mom so I thought my kids would never feel like I did.
I had NEVER spent more than one day without both or one of them with me.
My family was not allowed to watch my kids, They were my responsiblity.
I had a choice to give them up. I chose not to.
My sons are both in the military now as my youngest son got into drugs and was dying right before my eyes and I gave him two choices (I dont know where the strenghth came from, other than loving him more than myself) I told him to either get out of my house, as I wasn't going to watch him die, or do something constructive, I told him (with tears in my eyes) he had to make the decision. I said you have until morning to decide. My oldest son was going to take leave from the Air Force to come move his things out of my house. He got up the next morning and on his own went to a recruiter, and he is still in the Army Guard. He is a miracle and I didn't think I made the right decision that night, BUT I KNOW I DID NOW!
I have 2 grandsons now and very greatful. My oldest just got from Iraq in June and let me tell you, some days, I just felt like I couldn't breathe.
I think half of my heart is still in Iraq!
I could NEVER go without seeing my grandkids(either photos or talk to them on the phone as they are in a different state)
I talk to my sons every day or at least 3 times a week. They call me and I get to talk to the kids too.
I can see cIndys denial as I know that unless I could see a body, I would still believe my grandkids were out there somewhere. I Hope this woman gets some closure as if not she will always be looking.
I thought I couldn't love my kids enough and now the grandkids is more than that. It is the love that you cannot explain.
It is like they are a part of you. This behavior with Casey probably comes from being neglected as a child and possibly sexual assult as a child as this is very unnatural behavior from what we see in the photos of Caylee.
I think it is a get back at her mom for some reason. I also think that if Casey ever talks, she will blame her mother somehow. She surely hates!

QUOTE=nnglas;2620690]I need to try to understand this. So, for all the mothers out there, would you do whatever you had to do to protect your child. I'm just wondering if Cindy has figured that Caylee is dead and now she cannot lose her baby (Casey). I am not a mother, so I don't know what that bond is like. So please think long and hard and then give me your insight.[/QUOTE]

I am a mom to six y.o twinners. I know no matter what my children ever do I will love them unconditionally. But my actions toward them will always be based on legal and ethical standards. Unquestionably my desire to protect them is hard-wired and likely won't ever go away. But I would also have to be able to look at myself in the mirror each day and go on with my own life. I see in CA a denial that has crossed into the pathological and think the woman needs to not just be off our screens, but in intense mental care right now. Whether this worsened existing problems (which I suspect) or not, I think her actions right now have less to do with protecting her child and more to do with 1) denial that Caylee is dead and 2) coming to terms with having created and raised a monster. JMO.

I love my kids so much that I know I would kill for them. But part of my job is to instill morals, and a understanding of society. If one of my kids murdered their child, I would still love them, and care about what happens. BUT, I wouldn't ever conceal anything to help keep them out of jail. As an adult, 22 year old...he/she should know that actions have consequences. You have to pay the piper. I guess I would be visiting the prison on family day.

BTW- My two are 10, and 8.

I'm a married Mommy with 2 kids and I honestly don't think I could stand behind my son or daughter if they misplaced their child for a few months:sick: I consider myself to be somewhat of an emotional softy but this?? No. I couldn't do it. And sending away beautiful people who are searching for my beloved missing Grandchild?? Never...
And I think back to my early twenties and wonder how perhaps my Mom would have re-acted...and the mere thought scares me! She loves me, this I know but her Grandkids are "her" babies too. And siblings saying I love you on the phone to me while I'm in jail for this b.s?? Yeah, right! My younger sisters and brothers would be screaming like lunatics. I think of words they might say and "love" wouldn't be one of them.
And to be honest, nothing would have gotten to this point because if Mom or Dad found out that I was even considering sharing a bed with my son/and or daughter and my boy flavor of the month...that would have been the end all be all. Heel toe express would have been my means of transportation, I would be homeless and I'd be fighting them in court for custody. No joke...

I think that fact probably stems as much from the huge distrust of LE prevalent in the groups mentioned, in addition to their family loyalties. And I don't mean to stereo type any group, but that was my experience living seven years in downtown Washington D.C.

I've not thought G&C in either category listed above. No matter how they are acting now, my impression was working, middle class "folk". JMO.
Excuse me?! You don't mean to stereo type any group but that is precisely what you have done.

I need to try to understand this. So, for all the mothers out there, would you do whatever you had to do to protect your child. I'm just wondering if Cindy has figured that Caylee is dead and now she cannot lose her baby (Casey). I am not a mother, so I don't know what that bond is like. So please think long and hard and then give me your insight.

I have a daughter who is a carbon copy of Casey Anthony. She has children and she is a great mother. However, she lies pathologically, can't hold a job, gets in "financial" situations and expects to be bailed out by the family all the time. She doesn't have a "nanny" however, she's moved up to the au pair category. I'm surprised Casey is sooo yesterday.

If one of my grandchildren went missing in a similar manner to Caylee, I would have to PRETEND to believe her. I wouldn't necessarily believe her, but you cannot call these people out or they will clam up. You have to understand their way of thinking, it's "magical" thinking. They can tell you a gigantic lie and you HAVE to believe them because you have no EVIDENCE to the contrary. If you don't believe them and express that, you are a traitor in their eyes since you have no EVIDENCE to the contrary. Now, if you should have a bit of evidence, such as decomp in the trunk, or whatever, they will look at you like a hurt child and deny they have any idea how such a thing could have gotten there. Then they would probe you to see if you believed them or not. If you did not believe, they would cut you off because you couldn't PROVE they had anything to do with the decomp, and they would stick to that story forever. Meanwhile, they would no longer have anything to do with you because you dared to doubt them. These people truly believe they are smarter than the rest of us and that they are above the law which is stupid.

To get to the meat of the question, no, I would NOT cover for my daughter the way Cindy is - unless "I" had something to hide. No relationship with a child that has proven time and again they cannot be trusted would motivate me to run around muddying the waters for them. I would have to tell my child I loved her, which I do God help me, but I would have to let the law take its course. By then, she would not be speaking to me, accepting visits, or phone calls. She would punish me because I didn't believe her.

When you have a child like this, there comes a point when you have to protect yourself and I reached that point with my daughter. She lied, and lied, and lied, and I called her bluff and forced her to do something she didn't want to do. She damned me to hell, etc., and we didn't speak for over a year. Believe me, Casey won't tell the truth unless she can come out of this smelling like a rose, exonerated, and "appearing" to be mother of the year, at least. In my opinion, Cindy is going to the lengths she goes to because of guilt in one form or another. Maybe the difference is my conscience is clear, but, make no mistake, these people will twist and turn things so much that you will end up feeling you are the one to blame.:bang:

Just my humble opinion.

I am a single mom to 3 kids, ages 10 (boy) 7 (boy) and 5 (girl) and I have a boyfriend of 3 yrs who lives with me, and I can tell you I would protect my kids to the ends of the Earth but ONLY if they are making the right choices. Casey is not making the right choices and she is being accused of some terrible terrible things, and still her Mom protects her. I guess when it comes down to it, Mothers will protect their kids all all costs, no matter what choices they are making. The only difference between Cindy Anthony and me, is I would not be ENABLING my daughter to act this way......I would beat the truth out of her, not be MAKING EXCUSES and LETTING HER disgrace my Granddaughters Memory with these Childish games, and the MANY MANY lies.........its like she is laughing in Caylee's face and that TICKS ME OFF TO NO END!! Casey thinks this is a joke, and being a TRUE Mother is NOT A JOKE.

Well, I'm a mother and a daughter. My mom and I had some falling out in my teenage years, nothing compared to this situation, but mostly teenage hormones flowing.

As for the bond: I had children relatively late in life, gave birth at 33 to twin girls. I felt them grow inside me and the bond for me started then. Then, they were born, and THE INSTANT they were born the bond started. These children were from us! And my husband and I vowed to make their lives as wonderful as possible. They grow, they develop, and the leaps and bounds in which they do this is amazing. My girls are 3, going on 4, now. I have bottle fed, diaper changed, potty trained them to where they are now. It happens fast, but the more and more you are around them, the more the bond grows. I would literally kill for my children. I would walk the ends of the earth to find them. I am an animal lover too and would do the same for any of my pets. I can't explain the bond in words, and I didn't understand it until I had children, but it is there, it is strong, and a mother's bond is as strong as a grizzly. Stand back if you mess with mine, cause h-e-double hockeysticks will break loose!!!

I hope this helps...it is very hard to describe.

It is so hard to describe. While so much of your life changes after becoming a mother I was most shocked by the sense of protectiveness I feel...it is almost animalistic at times. I always say one way to bring out the redneck in me is to threaten my child in some way. That is what makes this case so hard to understand, how a mother could be so callous with the life of her child. If I even accidentally contributed to the death of my child I would need to be medicated for the rest of my life...the grief and guilt would be overwhelming. No way could I go about life as if nothing had happened...that I know for a fact. On the other hand, if it were my child accused of killing her child I am less certain how I would react. I don't believe I would act like CA...Lord I hope not...but who really knows how you would respond?? I'm pretty certain my family would keep me grounded and I would be supportive but confrontive. I'm not a grandparent yet but my siblings tell me it is a love like that you have for your child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back