Forensic Astrology - SUSAN POWELL, missing West Valley,UT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome back Soulscape, hope all is well with you ... We L:heart:ve our Astro Team!

It is so good to have you back Soulscape and I pray all is well for you and your family!

Now when will JP give up and let Susan rest in peace??
I am hoping the long nights of winter solstice helps this process along!
Depreession=Confession???

It is so good to have you back Soulscape and I pray all is well for you and your family!

Now when will JP give up and let Susan rest in peace??
I am hoping the long nights of winter solstice helps this process along!
Depreession=Confession???

Thank you PassionFlower and everyone else who sent well-wishes.

Regarding Josh P., we need his DOB to gain the insights we need to even attempt to answer your question.

Thanks,
Soulscape

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4584552&postcount=417"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City; thread #3[/ame]

January 20, 1976......33 years old!!! Joshua Powell

In order to rule a 'person of interest' in or out, it is always helpful to examine that person's natal chart, to ascertain whether the chart owner's energy patterns predispose him/her to perpetrating the crime.

Here is JP's natal, cast for sunrise and relocated to Salt Lake City, UT:

JoshPowell.gif

JP's SUN and MOON are both seriously afflicted which immediately gives a sense of trouble.

SUN sesquisquare MOON (relationship difficulties)
SUN sesquisquare MARS (poor energy management; inappropriately aggressive)
SUN opposite SATURN (possible rejection of responsibility/ poor integration of responsibility; feels oppressed; feels 'authority figures' are 'out to get him'; in other words, his problems are caused by others rather than self)
SUN semisquare NEPTUNE (possible confused concept of reality; lives in a 'strange reality', lacks perspective)
SUN square CHIRON (possible damaged sense of identity, particularly because Chiron is in Aries (the self) in this chart)

MOON square MARS (relationship issues; anger directed at or from women)
MOON inconjunct JUPITER (relationship issues; emotional discontent; can't get what he wants (Jupiter in Aries) because what he needs (Moon) is perfection (Virgo) --- (notice Jupiter conj. Chiron, contributing to the 'woundedness' of this aspect)
MOON semisquare SATURN (relationship issues; women are not to be 'trusted'; coldness towards women; offers love then takes it back; emotionally withdrawn)
MOON square NEPTUNE (delusion, especially in terms of women --- women aren't who they 'seem' to be; 'she's turned into an entirely different person!' or 'she wasn't like this when I married her!' scenario, etc.)

Just these small observations already paint a vivid red flag regarding JP's emotional/psychological make-up.

Also, please note JP was born on a cusp. If his true birth time is around 4:30 pm or later, he will be an Aquarius rather than Capricorn and his 00 Aquarius SUN would have been partile square the Part of DEATH (00 Taurus) in the 12:05 am 'Last Seen' chart I posted above.

Could he be the perp? Absolutely.

Thanks,
Soulscape

...Also, please note JP was born on a cusp. If his true birth time is around 4:30 pm or later, he will be an Aquarius rather than Capricorn and his 00 Aquarius SUN would have been partile square the Part of DEATH (00 Taurus) in the 12:05 am 'Last Seen' chart I posted above.[/I][/COLOR]

Could he be the perp? Absolutely.

Thanks,
Soulscape

(snipped for space) Thank you for analyzing and posting this. These charts look like a ton of work and time go into them, and I appreciate that. I also did not know about the time of birth on a cusp being what determines a person's astrological sign, and that's interesting. I'd always heard that people born on these dates are supposed to read descriptions of both possibilities and just pick the one that's more like them! This gives something more concrete and sensible, and does make me wonder what time of day Josh was born, based upon your observation about the implication that would have.

That is an interesting chart, Soulscape. I had studied Susan's planets extensively but not his for lack of a birth date. I didn't post my findings because she is a member of LDS and her birth date was a long time coming, not even on her official posters.

What was striking in her otherwise very fortunate line-up was Mercury square the nodes and at the same degree. Fatality. Mars was also square Uranus and Mars was also at the Fated degree, 27°. By progression her Jupiter conjoined Mercury at 27° and she had a progr. lunar return.

Here's the stopper. His Saturn is on that lunar node of Susan. We know there was violence due to her Mars-Uranus square and the Fourth House of the event where Moon conjoins Mars. Both his own chart and the event chart show Mars opposite Neptune, so the confrontation was about betrayal. That reared elsewhere in the event chart as well. His Moon-Mars-Neptune T square gave many a bad moment in that marriage.

That is an interesting chart, Soulscape. I had studied Susan's planets extensively but not his for lack of a birth date. I didn't post my findings because she is a member of LDS and her birth date was a long time coming, not even on her official posters.

What was striking in her otherwise very fortunate line-up was Mercury square the nodes and at the same degree. Fatality. Mars was also square Uranus and Mars was also at the Fated degree, 27°. By progression her Jupiter conjoined Mercury at 27° and she had a progr. lunar return.

Here's the stopper. His Saturn is on that lunar node of Susan. We know there was violence due to her Mars-Uranus square and the Fourth House of the event where Moon conjoins Mars. Both his own chart and the event chart show Mars opposite Neptune, so the confrontation was about betrayal. That reared elsewhere in the event chart as well. His Moon-Mars-Neptune T square gave many a bad moment in that marriage.

Yes! Betrayal as motivation is highly suspect, Tuba. I noticed his natal LILITH (the asteroid, not the Black Moon) is posited at 20 Scorpio, pulling it into that nasty Fixed Grand Square in the 12:05 am 'Last Seen'. (For our students, asteroid Lilith is associated with revenge and betrayal.)

JP's natal Lilith at 20 Scorpio conjuncts Susan's Secondary Progressed SUN (21 Scorpio) and opposes the 12:05 am Chart's MARS/NEPTUNE midpoint (21 Taurus). As mentioned in my above analysis of the 12:05 am chart, that opposition is crossed by JUPITER (Susan) partile conj. CHIRON in critical degree (21 Fixed) opposite MARS-MOON conjunction (18-22 Leo).

In addition to betrayal, I sense power plays/ control issues greatly factored in to what happened that night.

Cardinal signs control and Libra is the marriage sign. No one controls relationships better than and more intuitively than a person with a Libra SUN, which is what Susan had. Her natal SUN is close conjunct PLUTO (power, control), emphasizing a need to control relationships. Moreover, she has a major stellium in Libra, making the natural inclination to control (cardinal) relationships (Libra) even greater. The stellium involves SATURN, JUPITER, SUN, PLUTO and MERCURY, one of which may have been Lord 7 (the husband) ---- impossible to tell without the true time of birth.

We've seen from the brief analysis of JP's chart above, he likely has authority issues as well as a distorted view of reality. I get the sense of 'no one is the boss of me' from his chart and this would be even more accurate if his SUN falls into Aquarius rather than Capricorn. But even a Capricorn SUN in the last ditch 29th degree would be fighting desperately to hold onto control (cardinal sign) of the marriage, especially with all those MOON (the wife) afflictions..........

The mixture of (JP's) need to control while experiencing overwhelming feelings of betrayal (not to mention anger at Susan for what he likely perceived as her control tactics) certainly could have been what set things off that night.

Thanks,
Soulscape

A big thank you to Soulscape and Tuba for the telling charts on the Powell case. I am in awe of your abilities, and your constant caring.

Happy Holidays to all the wonderful caring Websleuthers here. It is good to know there are good people caring behind the scenes. Caring is what brings us together. It's really so beautiful to feel that Love.

we are now hearing that a car alarm was going off inside the powell garage at 11:45 p.m. the night of the alleged camping trip which would have been dec 6th. could that be considered an event? just wondering if susan may have still been alive and trying to get help...

If the car alarm was overheard, that is of interest. Thanks for posting the information. It is very close in time to the chart time Soulscape chose. She based that on the statement from Joshua Powell.

If the car alarm was overheard, that is of interest. Thanks for posting the information. It is very close in time to the chart time Soulscape chose. She based that on the statement from Joshua Powell.

As Tuba notes, because of closeness in time between the two charts, we see no significant differences between the 11:45 pm and the 12:05 am charts. The house cusps are pushed up about 4 degrees and no planet changes degree or house position.

The only thing of note I see in the 11:45 pm chart is that the chart's VERTEX (Fate) at 12 Aquarius, posited at the cusp of the turned 12th House of Misfortune, Sorrow & Woe (radix 6th House), is now partile trine the 12:05 am chart's MIDHEAVEN (12 Gemini) --- which is the exact degree of Susan Powell's Solar Arc (based on sunrise natal) 8th House of Death cusp, suggesting she was dead at that time.

Thanks,
Soulscape

Thankyou for Susan's thread.
Josh Pwell showed up with his 4 year old son at Susan's vigil last night in Washington state.
Also stated that Josh's father was always tryig to break up the marriage.
Josh's father Steve Powell was not a believer of the Mormon faith.
He is now living with his successful father in a gated neighborhood.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=9097273

The mixture of (JP's) need to control while experiencing overwhelming feelings of betrayal (not to mention anger at Susan for what he likely perceived as her control tactics) certainly could have been what set things off that night.

This sort of goes in line with my thoughts that she was probably stashing money away to leave and he found out by accident (suggesting in his mind a betrayal and him not being happy about her taking control of the fate of their marriage).

we are now hearing that a car alarm was going off inside the powell garage at 11:45 p.m. the night of the alleged camping trip which would have been dec 6th. could that be considered an event? just wondering if susan may have still been alive and trying to get help...

As Tuba notes, because of closeness in time between the two charts, we see no significant differences between the 11:45 pm and the 12:05 am charts. The house cusps are pushed up about 4 degrees and no planet changes degree or house position.

The only thing of note I see in the 11:45 pm chart is that the chart's VERTEX (Fate) at 12 Aquarius, posited at the cusp of the turned 12th House of Misfortune, Sorrow & Woe (radix 6th House), is now partile trine the 12:05 am chart's MIDHEAVEN (12 Gemini) --- which is the exact degree of Susan Powell's Solar Arc (based on sunrise natal) 8th House of Death cusp, suggesting she was dead at that time.

Thanks,
Soulscape

BBM

Could this possibly be when he was putting her body in the van?

BBM

Could this possibly be when he was putting her body in the van?

This is possible, Watchinginky...........

CarAlarmGoesOffinGarage.gif

Lord 3 the car (MARS) is posited in the 12th House of Secrets conjunct the MOON (co-significator of Susan), which is partile inconjunct URANUS of alarms, and moreover, both MOON & URANUS are in Fateful Degree (same degree as the NODES), denoting catastrophe/tragedy/fatality.

A look at a quad wheel is even more telling:

QuadWheel-JoshPowell-SecProg-TertPr.gif

Car Alarm chart SUN 15 Sagittarius partile conjuncts JP's Tertiary Progressed NEPTUNE and conjuncts his Secondary Progressed MOON conjunct SP NEPTUNE which oppose his Tertiary Progressed ASCENDANT at 13 Gemini. This gives a sense of secret activity (NEPTUNE contacts to MOON and ASCENDANT).

Car Alarm chart URANUS (significator of the alarm itself) is partile conjunct JP's Tertiary Progressed MARS, suggesting he himself set off the alarm --- likely inadvertently, as URANUS = surprises among other things.

The 07 Gemini MIDHEAVEN of the Car Alarm chart partile inconjuncts JP's Secondary Progressed URANUS which itself is partile conjunct his Tertiary Progressed VERTEX (fate), again tying the alarm (URANUS) to his own actions.

Notice his Tertiary Progressed MARS 22 Pisces is in the Car Alarm chart's Fateful Degree --- actions (MARS) causing or responsible for a catastrophe/tragedy/fatality. Also, Car Alarm MOON-MARS conjunction (18 - 22 Leo) squares JP's natal MIDHEAVEN 22 Scorpio with Event Moon making an exact square 22 to 22 in same degree as Event NODES, reiterating the catastrophe/tragedy/fatality judgment.

Car Event SUN 15 Sagittarius is also partile square JP's natal MOON (15 Virgo), square his natal BLACK MOON LILITH (14 Pisces) and partile square his Secondary Progressed BLACK MOON LILITH, powerfully reinforcing the betrayal/revenge motive.

Thanks,
Soulscape

PS: Please keep in mind JP's chart is cast for sunrise and relocated to the scene of the crime. While it is not the 'true' birth chart, I consistently find these sunrise relocated charts work for the purposes of forensic astrology.

For your quick & easy reference Tuba, SS & All! :wink:

Part 1:

$10K Reward In Utah Woman's Disappearance; Husband In Puyallup
Posted: 6:59 am PST December 21, 2009
Updated: 4:35 pm PST December 21, 2009
<snipped>
Her husband, who is considered a person of interest in her disappearance, was among more than 60 people who attended a vigil for her Sunday night in her parents' hometown in Puyallup.

Josh Powell's attorney, Scott Williams, said earlier in the day that Powell had left Utah with the couple's two young sons. Williams told The Associated Press in a text message that his client went to his father's house in Washington state for the holidays with his sons.

Powell is expected to stay in the state with his family through Christmas.

KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reporter Gary Horcher said Powell came toward the end of the vigil, kept his distance from Susan's family and refused to speak to reporters.

Horcher said Powell's presence at the vigil confused Susan's family, who said they hadn't heard from Powell since he hired an attorney.

"We have had no contact with him. We don't know his plans. I didn't know he was coming," said Susan's father, Chuck Cox.

Video: Family Of Missing Woman Surprised By Husband's Visit
http://www.kirotv.com/video/22025412/index.html

PHOTOS 1-8: Missing Woman Susan Powell
http://www.kirotv.com/slideshow/news/21997645/detail.html

Article:
http://www.kirotv.com/news/22025134/detail.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Husband of missing West Valley woman has left Utah
Published: Sunday, Dec. 20, 2009 11:53 p.m. MST
<snipped>
Friend and fellow member of the Powells' LDS ward, John Hellewell, said he talked to Josh Powell about 30 minutes before a pair of candlelight vigils held by friends and family members in Washington and Utah to pray for the safe return of their "beloved Susan" began Sunday night.

"He was wanting details about the vigil in Washington &#8212; when and where it was," said Hellewell, 32, who was a home teacher with Josh Powell before Powell stopped attending church two years ago.

But many questioned why Josh Powell would leave for Washington during the height of the police investigation.

"One of the biggest problems Susan had was that (Josh) talked to his dad for hours, more than he talked to her," said Tim Peterson, a friend and member of the Powells' ward who has been vocal in the past about Josh Powell and once called police on him. "And now guess where he's at. He hasn't been formally charged, but he's not that far from the border to Canada now."

Hellewell said he knew Josh struggled with pressure from his family, especially his dad, Stephen Powell, about church.

"His dad is very against the church," Hellewell said. "His dad is always sending him anti-Mormon literature and I've heard stories from Josh and Susan that (Josh's) dad was always trying to break up their marriage."

Photo Gallery (16 photos):
http://www.deseretnews.com/photos/midres/2219319.jpg

Article:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705352897/Husband-of-missing-West-Valley-woman-has-left-Utah.html
Reward offered for information on Susan Powell
Published: Monday, Dec. 21, 2009 12:27 p.m. MST
<snipped>
An anonymous donor is offering a reward of $10,000 for original information that results in Susan Powell being found.

Josh Powell left Utah this weekend with his two young boys to spend the holidays in Washington. He attended the rainy vigil in Puyallup, as did Susan's grandparents, parents and siblings. Josh Powell did not speak to reporters gathered at the event.

He stood in a downpour surrounded by a tight group of supporters who shielded him from the media with umbrellas. His 4-year-old son, Charlie, accompanied him at the vigil and held a candle as many of Susan's friends and families stared at Josh in surprise, the Associated Press reported.

Article:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705353130/Reward-offered-for-information-on-Susan-Powell.html
UPDATED: Josh Powell's Washington trip raises eyebrows
December 21, 2009
Last Update: 4:43 pm
<snipped>
John Hellewell who is a neighbor of the Powell's found out about the trip Sunday when Josh called him. His first concern was to find someone to "pet sit" his birds. "He just called me and said, 'I'm here staying at my Dad's house.' He said he was trying to get away from all the media attention," Hellewell said. When asked if he thought it was strange for Powell to leave when the fate of his wife was still unknown, he said, "I don't understand a lot of the things he does. So, it's hard to know what his reasoning was."

West Valley Police say because Powell is not a suspect, he is free to come and go as he pleases. But, Captain Tom McLachlan said his leaving does not help them find his wife. He said, "Distance probably doesn't really matter that much right now. But his public appearance and actions don't put him in a good light."

Video: Missing Mom's Husband Leaves Utah 12/21/09 02:35
West Valley police Captain Tom McLanahan talked Sunday about Susan Powell's husband Josh Powell leaving Utah. McLanahan said," I'm disappointed at it."
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95411@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Father of Kiplyn Davis speaks to ABC4 about disappearance of Susan Powell 12/19/2009 02:25
There's another Utah family tonight who can relate with what Susan's family is going through
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95403@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Police building case to solve missing mom mystery 12/18/09 2:48
Police now are building a case to help solve the disappearance of Susan Powell. Who that person is, police won't say.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95402@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Powell family friend shares inside perspective 12/18/09 3:28
ABC4 asked a close friend of the Powells, the one who talked with Josh just days after Susan went missing, what he thought about Joshua's alibi, recent silence and something now in the spotlight: Josh and Susan's marriage.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95385@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Susan Powell's family speaks as police serve a search warrant at her house 12/18/09 2:32
Susan Powell is not officially a victim of any crime. Her husband Joshua Powell is not a suspect. Still, the patience of police investigators is wearing thin over his alleged "lack of cooperation" in the search for his missing wife.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95384@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Susan Powell's friends talk to Good Morning Utah 12/18/09 4:25
Two friends of missing mom, Susan Powell, sit down to share their stories with Marti Skold live on Good Morning Utah
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95383@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Forensic crews ramp up crime investigation at Powell home 12/17/09 1:38
Crime scene investigators re-entered the home of Josh and Susan Powell on Thursday, as the street surrounding a West Valley neighborhood was sealed off.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95381@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Experts say controlling behavior is a warning sign for abuse 12/17/09 2:46
Susan Powell's family speaks with the media. They say there was no sign the missing mother was in danger. Others say she was in a controlling relationship.

Video: Susan Powell's family speaks out 12/17/09 2:14
The family of a Utah mother who has been missing for 10 days said Thursday they are saddened but not surprised that her husband has been named a person of interest in the investigation.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95377@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Police suspect foul play in Susan Powell disappearance 12/17/09 3:28
Police say they suspect foul play in the disappearance of Susan Powell, who has been missing since December 6.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95358@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Police and person of interest staying silent in case of Susan Powell 12/16/09 2:58
Josh Powell's defense attorney is keeping mum and police say his silence is hampering their investigation. We talked tonight with "ABC4's Crime Consultant" to gain some insight as to what's going on with the missing person investigation.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95339@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Search continues for Susan Powell 12/15/09 3:10
More than a week after Susan Powell mysteriously vanished, friends, family and those touched by the story are still hoping to hear any new information about case.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95317@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Missing mom's father talks to ABC 4 12/13/09 2:16
Charles Cox rifles through pictures of his daughter Susan Powell. For him it's been a rough six days since he learned that she went missing from her West Valley home.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95298@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Outpouring of online support in the search for Susan Powell 12/12/09 2:18
It's not just Susan Powell's family, or those who know her well, showing concern tonight. There are several support networks growing online through facebook groups and blogs. ABC4 takes a closer look tonight at this outpouring.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95294@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Missing WVC woman's husband speaks to ABC 4 News 12/11/09 1:31
Josh Powell, the husband of Susan Powell, spoke to ABC 4 News Thursday night. Susan has been missing since Sunday night.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95285@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Candlelight vigil for missing West Valley Mom 12/11/09 4:04

http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95271@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Missing West Valley woman update 12/10/09 1:49
ABC 4 News spoke with Susan Powell's father about her suspicious disappearance.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95250@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Article:
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...p-raises-eyebrows/YMht8xWvVkideITAGsTQ3g.cspx
Husband of missing Utah woman attends Puyallup vigil
Posted on December 21, 2009 at 6:53 AM
Updated today at 8:55 AM
<snipped>
"We&#8217;ve had no contact with Josh. We don&#8217;t know what his plans are," said Chuck Cox, Susan's father. "I didn&#8217;t know he was going to come up here.&#8221;

Powell and his son stood away from the main podium during the proceedings, and afterward remained silent for the most part, often surrounded by a wall of umbrellas erected by family friends.

Neither Cox nor Powell approached each other during the vigil, although two other relatives did talk to Josh in order to speak with the couple's son, family friends said.

Cox told KING-5 he would not attempt to speak with his son-in-law &#8220;unless he contacts me. I might call to ask if we can see the children or something. [But] there&#8217;s just too many things out there and &#8230; hopefully now that he&#8217;s back here around his parents, his dad, now that he has representation, maybe he&#8217;ll be comfortable enough that he&#8217;ll come forward with some verifiable story.&#8221;

Video: Husband of missing Utah woman attends Puyallup vigil 2:30
http://www.king5.com/video/featured...woman-attends-vigil-in-Puyallup-79816897.html

&#8226;Article: Family of missing Utah mom speaks out about husband
http://www.king5.com/news/Police-treating-missing-Utah-mom-as-criminal-case-79555532.html

&#8226;Video: Father of missing Utah woman
http://www.king5.com/video/raw/Raw-Father-of-missing-Utah-mother-speaks-79564587.html

&#8226;Family, friends of Susan Powell's Facebook group
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=198478842187

Article:
http://www.king5.com/news/Husband-of-missing-Utah-woman-attends-vigil-in-Puyallup-79816897.html
Husband of missing WVC woman attends Washington vigil
December 21, 2009
Last Update: 12:01 pm
<snipped>
Friends who held a vigil last night at an LDS Chapel say they are shocked that he would leave the state instead of staying here trying to help find his wife.

Joshua Powell stood with his son, 4-year-old Charlie, in a chilly downpour Sunday night with dozens of others at the candle-lit vigil and spoke briefly with Susan's sister Denise. Reports say she asked how he and the boys are doing and asked Josh if he would talk to her about the recent events. She says he agreed to talk to her later.

Susan's parents walked right past Josh and didn't bother to talk to him. Susans father says his story just isn't adding up.

Josh Powell attends Susan Powell vigil
Story.jpg

Josh Powell attends Susan Powell vigil
Story.jpg

Video: Husband of Missing WVC Woman Attends Washington Vigil 12/21/2009 1:50
"Person of interest" Joshua Powell traveled 900 miles with his two sons from Utah to make a surprise appearance at a vigil for his missing wife Susan Powell in Washington state last night.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95412@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Article:
http://www.abc4.com/news/local/stor...ttends-Washington/Z1V-3va5hEuAa_7Z_jc62w.cspx
Uncut Video: Full Joshua Powell Interview
http://connect2utah.com/media_player.php?media_id=97962
Husband of missing Utah mother attends Wash. vigil
December 20th, 2009 @ 10:12pm
<snipped>
Susan's husband Josh suddenly left Utah over the weekend. Although he's been called a person of interest by police, Josh Powell is legally free to leave the state.

He told friends he just wanted to get away from the media attention, but he missed an outpouring of support here for his missing wife.

Josh Powell evidently left Utah either Friday or Saturday and traveled to Washington to stay with his father. Friday and Sunday, a KSL news camera captured scenes of large items being removed from his home by friends or relatives.

"I don't know what his motives are. Maybe he just wanted to be with his family for a while but that was surprising to me," Kiirsi Hellewell said. "His story is already strange. It's already something that's hard to believe, so the whole circumstances around that are strange."

Police said his distance from Utah will make it more difficult to speak with him, but they do not have him under surveillance.

Audio: Andrew Adams reporting
http://real.ksl.com/video/slc/3/308/30817.mp3

Video Included In Article!

Article:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=9097273
Reward offered for information leading to Susan Powell's whereabouts
December 21st, 2009 @ 5:47pm
<snipped>
Josh told friends he couldn't handle all of the attention he's had since Susan's disappearance.

Neighbor John Hellewell said, "He just told me he needed to get away from all the press and publicity. He wants to keep his kids away from it."

The media attention followed Josh to Washington. Josh attended a vigil for Susan last night, but he refused to speak with reporters. Susan's parents told reporters they were surprised to see Josh there and believe he knows more about what happened to her than he has told police.

Over the weekend, our photographers captured friends or family members moving large items out of the Powell home in West Valley. Friends say Josh told them he lost his job as a computer programmer for a trucking and warehouse company, and is no longer going to be able to pay his house payment.

There's no word on when he will be coming back to Utah, but police say they would like to interview him again soon.

McLachlan said, "Our contact, as far as the police department goes, has been limited by his association with his retaining an attorney, so that slows things down. It delays things."

16597975.jpg

16614751.jpg

Audio: Marc Giauque reporting
http://real.ksl.com/video/slc/3/308/30824.mp3

*Video Included In Article!

Article:
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=9105519&nid=148
Joshua Powell's dad: Son is being 'vilified'
Missing woman » Police say husband went to Washington state.
Updated: 12/21/2009 12:04:51 AM MST
<snipped>
"The whole thing has just turned into a vilification of Josh and it will turn into a vilification of me, my ex-wife and my other kids," said Steven Powell, who spoke to The Salt Lake Tribune briefly through the partially open front door of his home Sunday.

"I'm not making any statement because it doesn't matter how benign it is or how supportive it is. Somebody will twist it around."

On Friday, the Coxes told The Salt Lake Tribune that Steven Powell isn't actively helping in the search for their daughter. The Coxes said they've had "issues" with Steven Powell in the past and aren't comfortable being around him.

He told Tribune reporters to "please just go and please do not come back." Asked whether he wants a chance to speak on behalf of Joshua Powell and explain the reasons why he thinks his son has been unfairly vilified, Steven Powell said, "I don't need to explain anything. There is nothing to explain."

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_14037897?source=most_viewed
Susan Powell's father 'couldn't really understand' why son-in-law was at vigil
Updated: 12/21/2009 12:05:07 PM MST
<snipped>
"I heard that Joshua (the husband) had arrived," he wrote on the social networking Web site Facebook. "I saw this [sic] brother doing an interview, I couldn't really understand why Josh was there."

Cox wrote that Joshua Powell also brought his 4-year-old son and that he felt it would have been inappropriate for him to barge in on the Powell family. Joshua Powell was under an umbrella in the rain surrounded by family members to keep the media away from him.

"I just hope being here [at the vigil] will encourage Josh to help with the search," Cox said on Facebook.

Photos: West Valley Powell vigil
http://extras.sltrib.com/tribphoto/galleryPhotos.asp?GID=POWELb_1220109&sort=Gallery

Photos: Washington Powell vigil
http://extras.sltrib.com/tribphoto/galleryPhotos.asp?GID=WASHI_1220109&sort=Gallery

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14042094
Why not talk to cops? It may not be guilt
Probe » Even innocent people have incentives to remain quiet.
Updated: 12/21/2009 12:04:24 AM MST
<snipped>
Joshua Powell isn't the only Utah husband who won't help police solve a mystery.

In 1994, someone shot and killed Kimberly Evans at the mouth of Butterfield Canyon in Herriman. Her husband, Mark B. Evans, submitted to an interview with police shortly after the murder. Detectives grilled him hard. So hard he hasn't spoken to investigators since.

Medwed also said many defense attorneys will advise even innocent clients not to talk. Research has shown police, especially during high profile cases, develop what Medwed called "tunnel vision" where they latch onto once suspect and ignore evidence against others.

"I don't know what motivates people to not talk to police," Park said. "The obvious one is when they're guilty and trying to hide something."

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14038413

:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics