Found Deceased France - Émile S., 2, outside grandparent’s house, Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, 8 July 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO
The little boy wandered off, got lost near the stream and was not found by the searchers.

The more info comes out,
the more convinced I am it was a tragic accident.
Not foul play.

He was such a beautiful child.
RIP sweet Angel.
Condolences to Family :(

♥️

1712092180763.png

Picture from DM link I posted above.

IMO
The little boy wandered off, got lost near the stream and was not found by the searchers.

The more info comes out,
Not foul play.

RIP sweet Angel.

♥️

View attachment 494436

and perhaps he drowned in the stream he was found by? RIP little one.

Someone posted a map screenshot in here earlier that had the Church and the Chapel marked.

The Church is at the intersetion where Les Fraisses first starts and if you follow Les Fraises all the wy down to where it ends, there is the Chapel in the field just south of it and to the right. Church on left and Chapel on right of path.

Where the path splits into two is still between the Church and chapel. It does split into more (Saint-Pancrace) after it passes south of the Chapel. The ravin in question is south of all of those splits of into new roads as it runs east-west. He was found of off one of those splits in paths IMO and not physically in between the Church and the Chapel which is the point I was attempting to make in my post.

I'll try to find the post that had the church and chapel marked as it is helpful.
Quarry's post a couple of hours before mine which you quoted, and which I overlooked yesterday, contains an excellent map showing the location of "les quatres chemins" where the bones were found. It's well beyond both church and chapel, and NOT the where the English-language papers are indicating with their pretty red circles.

IMO

The more info comes out,
Not foul play.

RIP sweet Angel.

♥️

View attachment 494436

Yea, and it's even more likely true when Grandfather was watching him because the wee boy may have decided to go home to mommy.

Quarry's post a couple of hours before mine which you quoted, and which I overlooked yesterday, contains an excellent map showing the location of "les quatres chemins" where the bones were found. It's well beyond both church and chapel, and NOT the where the English-language papers are indicating with their pretty red circles.
Maybe in this post?

It's awful, poor boy. I do find it odd that no other bones found, when his clothes have been, but then they will be able to take soil samples etc etc from clothing, and test for other dna
The phrase "heads will roll" applies here. I've read it in multiple books about forensic science - off the top of my head, The Bone Woman by Clea Koff and No Stone Unturned by Steve Jackson both talk about this phenomenon - that when a site is sloping or has forces acting on it like snowmelt, heavy rain or even strong winds, once a body is skeletonised enough, it's very common for a skull to roll downhill. And that's not even taking into account animal activity, which can move and separate bones from each other a lot. Here, we have a very hilly landscape with snowy weather in the winter, and the skull shows signs of animal predation, but also postmortem skull fractures. That to me indicates it may have rolled/fallen some distance from the rest of his remains. And the rest of his remains may be scattered, too. Toddler's bones are tiny, they may find more, or they may not. Animals can distribute even a full grown adult's remains over a broad area.

MOO

Maybe in this post?
That's it, thank you. That distance fits much better with the 25 minutes' walk that was also mentioned. (Where the English-language papers point is about a tenth of that distance from the church.) But still, I'd be surprised if that's part of Ravin des Auches--what do you the rest of you think? Perhaps there are several local intersections known as Four Ways, and this too is the wrong one?

Maybe in this post?
Thank you to everyone for posting the links.

Map from French newspaper:

95835065-6C13-4705-88A4-88882781C267.jpeg

Google image map. I highlighted what looks like a trail:

2A402572-A53F-4D05-A618-4CEAE7932983.jpeg
0EED9452-53FD-4546-BFFC-AA42EAA70E34.jpeg
44.35783° N, 6.34905° E

This differs from the location the DM has mapped that I cropped:
1712105494197.png

Attachments

• 1712103429923.png
    1712103429923.png
    655.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DC37F44A-2DF2-420B-BC34-27769743D2BB.jpeg
    DC37F44A-2DF2-420B-BC34-27769743D2BB.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 13
  • F60AD100-00AA-4FB4-9DD0-E220FCB9E9AE.jpeg
    F60AD100-00AA-4FB4-9DD0-E220FCB9E9AE.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 1712103782639.jpeg
    1712103782639.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
How is it that 2 brigades of specialized dogs did not smell anything beyond the washhouse (lavoir)?
For me, this is a malicious act.
I know... and yet I've read of similar circumstances in many other cases. Dogs are not 100% accurate and some breeds are better than others, and it depends on weather and how many other people have been in the area "contaminating" the scent trail with their own, unintentionally.

Thank you to everyone for posting the links.

Map from French newspaper:

View attachment 494494

Google image map. I highlighted what looks like a trail:

View attachment 494495
View attachment 494496
44.35783° N, 6.34905° E

This differs from the location the DM has mapped that I cropped:
View attachment 494492
Indeed the map I posted yesterday seemed more accurate than the english map with the big red circle. Thank's for the highlight of the trail.

The french press have different maps too but yesterday the french prosecutor confirmed the name of the trails.

Here's a Map with the trails and we can see the stream as well.
Screenshot_20240403-074637.png

Indeed the map I posted yesterday seemed more accurate than the english map with the big red circle. Thank's for the highlight of the trail.

The french press have different maps too but yesterday the french prosecutor confirmed the name of the trails.

Here's a Map with the trails and we can see the stream as well.
View attachment 494563

Thank you.

I’m still a bit lost between the differences in the maps. Isn’t that a line drawing of the town? Could you indicate the grandfather’s home on your map and where the remains were found?

The DM is showing the remains were found closer to the home than the French newspaper is indicating. It’s confusing to me because the paths on the French site where they believe the remains were found and the streets of the town on the DM map look similar.

Do you have a link to the map that the prosecutor used? I’m having trouble finding a third source (other media are using the DM’s map).

Last edited:
Thank you.

I’m still a bit lost between the differences in the maps. Isn’t that a line drawing of the town? Could you indicate the grandfather’s home on your map and where the remains were found?

The DM is showing the remains were found closer to the home than the French newspaper is indicating. It’s confusing to me because the paths on the French site where they believe the remains were found and the streets of the town on the DM map look similar.

Do you have a link to the map that the prosecutor used? I’m having trouble finding a third source (other media are using the DM’s map).

Just for clarity:
1712132861613.png
Google map image.

Approximate areas. The yellow circle is where the Émile was last seen. The red circle is where the DM map is indicating where his remains were discovered (the areal view boundaries look like a cat to me) and the green circle is where that one French newspaper said the remains were found. (One newspaper map seems to have it wrong, imo. I’m in Canada and my search engine isn’t helping me.).

Just for clarity:
View attachment 494580
Google map image.

Approximate areas. The yellow circle is where the Émile was last seen. The red circle is where the DM map is indicating where his remains were discovered (the areal view boundaries look like a cat to me) and the green circle is where that one French newspaper said the remains were found. (One newspaper map seems to have it wrong, imo. I’m in Canada and my search engine isn’t helping me.).
hvtemp.png
In my opinion where DM is indicating the body was found is my purple circle. About 100m from the grandparents' home as opposed to 1km. Different by a factor of 10.

Just for clarity:
View attachment 494580
Google map image.

Actually I think the DM map is putting him basically within Le Haut Vernet, just off the main road through the village, very close to where he was last seen. You can see the houses on their map. The difference between summer and winter in the aerial shots also makes it difficult to reconcile the locations.

ETA: I think I see the cat shape you are looking at, but it's further away from the village and there are fewer roads or houses nearby. One seems to be called Le Clôt.

We might just need to wait for official clarification.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member