FRAUD - Tammy & Sidney Moorer in Heather Elvis case, hearing held 17 Dec 2018

What!!! After reading the article twice, there were no reasons given why all charges were dismissed.

After all the time, research, and evidence LE had, was there just no conclusive evidence that these two actually did one thing that they had been charged with?

What went astray in this case? I feel for Heather's family.
It's not just about the evidence; it's also about convincing a jury. If they didn't think they could do that, they probably don't want to risk it right now.

This article also states:
"The kidnapping charge is still in place for Tammy and Sidney Moorer, according to the Horry County Public Index. Sidney Moorer also still faces obstruction of justice charges, according to the Horry County Public Index."
Like the Christina Morris case?

I can think of a few things:

1. Wait until later for more evidence, maybe.
2. Wait for that defense-friendly judge to retire, eventually
3. With only 1 bite of the apple allowed by the state, don't proceed forward if you can't prove your case. You can always re-charge later even many years later.

It makes me wonder what evidence they thought they had that now they don't. They really messed up IMO.

OMG

"Murder charges dismissed against Tammy and Sidney Moorer in Heather Elvis case"

http://wpde.com/news/local/murder-c...tammy-and-sidney-moorer-in-heather-elvis-case

:(

Although it isn't directly mentioned (as of this post), it appears the charges were dismissed without prejudice.

If so, they can be re-filed at a later time. The State doesn't want to risk losing the one chance at a conviction, and Heather is still out there, somewhere... :moo:

:(

My heart breaks for the Elvis Family. They have and continue to respect the gag order, which is more than I can say for the M's. :stormingmad:

#FindHeather
#JusticeForHeather

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no statute of limitations on murder. As sick as this is making me, I'm finding solace in that. I'm guessing the state doesn't feel good about its chances with a jury. If they go to trial and are found not guilty, double jeopardy would come into play if new evidence is ever discovered.

Or maybe their chances with "Judge" Dennis. His behavior during the bond hearing was obscene.

I would prefer to see the kidnapping prosecuted first and separately.

I can think of a few things:

1. Wait until later for more evidence, maybe.
2. Wait for that defense-friendly judge to retire, eventually
3. With only 1 bite of the apple allowed by the state, don't proceed forward if you can't prove your case. You can always re-charge later even many years later.

It makes me wonder what evidence they thought they had that now they don't. They really messed up IMO.

Madeleine hit the nail on the head with this post - they've only got one chance, and better to nolle pros than have them acquitted...should more evidence be available, they can always charge them/him/her again.

Very curious as to why this happened - what piece didn't fall into place, and led to this? Evidence that didn't pan out?

Many people want justice. There's no statute of limitations on murder. So try them on the stuff you can win, and wait...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't kept up with the case after they were allowed to go to Disney. That told me, they didn't have much to go forward on at this time. No body cases are very hard to convict, and without some kind of evidence that ties these two to her disappearance, they probably want to wait. FL does have a statute of limitations on murder, but not First Degree, premeditated murder. If they find Heather, and they are able to find any evidence that links these two, it will be most likely First Degree for the charges. But time is never on our side, evidence degrades, or gets lost, better to have someone talk. Believe me, with these two, over time, one will pizz off the other and cut a deal. I have faith in a woman scorn. Just say'n....

http://wpde.com/news/local/fbi-executing-search-warrants-on-multiple-locations-in-myrtle-beach

Sherif Abdelwahab Alkassar, 36, of Myrtle Beach; Lesley Amanda Alkassar, 38, of Blacksburg; and Katie Leighanne Polson, 29, of Myrtle Beach were arrested Thursday on charges of Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT card) fraud, according to a release from U.S. Attorney Bill Nettles.

Hey FBI - While in the area, please check out the Moorers!

Tammy & Sidney - you were able to get away with fraud because no one was watching. You need to use the little time you have left wisely. Spend it with your children and prepare them for your eventual incarceration. You could have let Heather move on and live her life, but you chose to destroy her & her family and yourselves & your family in the process.

Thanks Niner! From another thread...

Sidney and Tammy Moorer both due back in court

The hearing is set for 9:30 a.m. on Dec. 17 in front of Circuit Court Judge Benjamin Culbertson.

In this case, Tammy and Sidney Moorer are charged with obtain signature or prop. under false pretenses, value $10,000 or more and false statement on application for Medicaid assistance

Geez - I didn't realize that they had been charged with this fraud back in 2014. Just caught up on this thread - and marked to "Watch".

Thanks for letting me know about this one JerseyGirl! :)

Court on Monday!

Tammy and Sidney Moorer could be back in an Horry County court on Dec. 17, according to the Horry County court roster.

The roster states they will be in court on a motion to get a handwriting sample from each of them.

The hearing is set for 9:30 a.m. on Dec. 17 in front of Circuit Court Judge Benjamin Culbertson.

Court on Monday!

Tammy and Sidney Moorer could be back in an Horry County court on Dec. 17, according to the Horry County court roster.

The roster states they will be in court on a motion to get a handwriting sample from each of them.

Just great.
Perhaps slowly everything is being revealed.
I understand, Innocent until proven Guilty, in these cases.

The more stress these two are under, the better, I would think.
Let us hope with time, we have further incriminating evidence regarding Heather.
MOO.

Court on Monday!

Huh..together again.

Yes - Wake up - rest of the World - we are ready over here! Only 6 1/2 hours to go....

Monday, Dec. 17th:
*Motion Hearing (@ 9:30am ET) - SC - Heather Rachelle Elvis (20) (Dec. 19, 2013; never found) – (NOT re Heather’s case) - *Tammy Lorinda Caison Moorer (41/now 45) & Sidney St. Clair Moorer (38/now 43) are charged (6/4/14) with 1 count (each) of making a false statement on an application for Medicaid assistance. They are accused of failing to disclose to Medicaid their true financial status between January, 2007 and March, 2013. Investigators say the couple failed to disclose income from two businesses, and received more than $10K in inappropriate benefits.
12/17/18: in court on a motion to get a handwriting sample from each of them.
If convicted of the misdemeanor making a false application, the couple each faces up to 3 years in jail & up to $1,000 fine. If convicted of the felony charge of obtaining property under false pretenses, the couple each faces up to 10 years in prison & up to a $500 fine.
Tammy-10/23/18: GUILTY of kidnapping. GUILTY of conspiracy to kidnap. Judge Culbertson sentences Tammy Moorer to 30 years for each sentence, served concurrently with time served for any time served thus far! Not eligible for parole.
Sydney-8/30/17: GUILTY of obstruction of justice for allegedly lying to investigators about phone call on night Heather went missing. Received 10 years with year served. 11/27/18: Parole hearing. The board voted unanimously to keep him behind bars. Was denied parole. Following a mistrial being declared in his 2016 kidnapping trial that was tied to Elvis' disappearance, Moorer will face a jury again on that count. A second trial will be held in Georgetown, but a date has not yet been set.

I will check back later, just saving my spot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingPersonsMatter
Back