GUILTY GA - Amber Whited, 22, Glynn Cty, 16 July 2013

What I read about her last text was a reply to a male friend who said he was going to get a haircut and then "broke screen". I have no idea if they mean he literally broke the screen on his phone or what. She is said to have texted back 23 minutes later, "Why?"

I'd like to know that myself. That was sometime during her lunch break. So she had to have been OK for a time unless someone else had her phone and answered the text "for her".

This is correct. It was with a friend of hers.

There was someone arrested but they are no longer a person of interest. It's at the very bottom of this link. They did hold the person for parole violation, but this is not one of the children's father.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...1ISeTEWK9Ko4O6qU5Q.cspx#.UeiSaHLTg14.facebook

"I texted her and told her I had to get a haircut and broke the screen on my phone. She text me back 'why' about 23 minutes after her break and hasn't heard nothing from her since then. I text her, I called her, everything. No answer, nothing," said friend Donnie Mosley.

There is no "the river".

There is the Turtle River, Brunswick River, Back River, Makay River, Altamaha, Butler Creek, Champney River, Darien River all within 20 miles of there. Or less than half an hour drive and even more.

There is also the ocean close by.

Water searches are being conducted starting tomorrow.

From the first post.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...n-Georgia-mothers/V2idw-r7Bkaq3ppvoYnubA.cspx

She could have had a flat on MLK and something happened to her. Or, she could have been carjacked elsewhere and someone else had a flat on MLK blvd. Either way, it doesn't look good right now.

No yesterday was her youngest's first birthday. There is no way she would voluntarily have missed that.
It is a rough area. I agree somebody had her car down in some back alley or bar parking lot or someplace like that with broken bottles.
Or some other way the tire ended up cut. I don't think anyone got out and slashed it right there. It is not the kind of place anyone would leave it unless they had no choice. It's too open with too many eyewitnesses and moderate traffic.

Not good. I am worried for her little girl's. I was not aware the father was incarcerated.

:(

There is also the ocean close by.

Water searches are being conducted starting tomorrow.

I hope they diverted dumpster pick-ups.
I almost never go down Altama Ave. But, early Wednesday morning about 7:30 I was going to Wal-Mart. This was before I read about the case.

I passed a dumpster that had more than a dozen buzzards in it and around it.
I have never seen that before. I thought right then as I passed, Lord, I hope there is not a body in that dumpster!! Have you EVER seen a dumpster in the middle of a busy intersection in any town with buzzards surrounding it?

I know it's gruesome but necessary. I am trying to decide if I should call silent witness just to report that.

I almost never go down Altama Ave. But, early Wednesday morning about 7:30 I was going to Wal-Mart. This was before I read about the case.

I have never seen that before. I thought right then as I passed, Lord, I hope there is not a body in that dumpster!! Have you EVER seen a dumpster in the middle of a busy intersection in any town with buzzards surrounding it?

I know it's gruesome but necessary. I am trying to decide if I should call silent witness just to report that.

Call them! Is that anywhere near where she worked or where her car was found???

Call them! Is that anywhere near where she worked or where her car was found???

No. Not anywhere near where she worked. But, there is a Harvey's Grocery store both across the street from where she worked AND another one located near this dumpster.

Don't know if it is tied or coincidental. Really? I should call?

No. Not anywhere near where she worked. But, there is a Harvey's Grocery store both across the street from where she worked AND another one located near this dumpster.

Don't know if it is tied or coincidental. Really? I should call?

The Harvey's probably is coincidental, but doesn't Altama Avenue intersect with MLK near downtown Brunswick? Given that, any potential tip is better than no tip.

I almost never go down Altama Ave. But, early Wednesday morning about
7:30 I was going to Wal-Mart. This was before I read about the case.

Thank you for calling.

Altama intersects with Golden Isles Prkwy. You locals know better, but it seems this is in the general area Amber disappeared from and her car was found.

Call, what could it hurt? Wish it wasn't so late, I'd call the garbage company and ask if they have ever seen vultures at that dumpster before.

Oh they are sending someone to check it out but that was two days ago now.

There are two Harvey's on Altama, which one was it Houndstooth?

A is where she worked. B is the Harvey's and C is where her car was found.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...Xkk-ylfLRsT89fkiDHSxstjwKionQ&mra=ls&t=m&z=13

If you are looking for the dumpster, it is not behind Harvey's.
The dumpster in question is in the L-shaped shopping center at the intersection. You can see it clearly from the street.

I am going to look at Google maps myself just to see if the doors are open or shut. That should have been a closed in dumpster but the wooden gate or whatever was wide open.

If they are searching water, LE may want to call in Camden County's Blackwater team...

A couple of food places at that L shaped building - Chinese and Mexican it looks like - so buzzards flying around doesn't seem like too big of a stretch. Hope it's coicidental and she is ok.

28bgu3b.jpg

This one? Maybe they were drawn to the food waste from the restaurants.
Dumpster enclosure is circled.

2i903f5.jpg

Yes. That's it. I went to g'maps myself and looked. It is open with no gates.
I couldn't tell with all those awful birds all over it.

That is what the person I spoke to on the phone said, that there are some restaurants there. I hope that wasn't her. My God.

28bgu3b.jpg

Dumpster enclosure is circled.

Yes, I was stopped even with it that morning at the light.
I was there for about two minutes right in line with that dumptster.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown
Back