GA GA - Atlanta, WhtMale 20-30, 178UMGA, hit by car on I-75, Virgo tattoo, Jul'95 - Steven Shelton

Would love to finally see an ID in his case!
Me too. He's one of the first I became aware of when I realized there were UIDs and missing people published online some 15-20 years ago (Maricopa County Jane Doe being the first, made me snoop around and eventually find Websleuths.)

I tried to find a cached page and an archived one, but the NamUs page is definitely gone and deleted.

Also, I'm not the most pleasant of persons apparently, because I don't think these things should be kept quiet and hidden, "You don't need to know anything!, let the family grieve!", usually said by unrelated people who already know the name and has seen their picture.

It's very possible to release a picture of them in life, a first name and a brief backstory, without compromising the family's privacy or the UIDs integrity.
jmo.

Me too. He's one of the first I became aware of when I realized there were UIDs and missing people published online some 15-20 years ago (Maricopa County Jane Doe being the first, made me snoop around and eventually find Websleuths.)

I tried to find a cached page and an archived one, but the NamUs page is definitely gone and deleted.

Also, I'm not the most pleasant of persons apparently, because I don't think these things should be kept quiet and hidden, "You don't need to know anything!, let the family grieve!", usually said by unrelated people who already know the name and has seen their picture.

It's very possible to release a picture of them in life, a first name and a brief backstory, without compromising the family's privacy or the UIDs integrity.
jmo.
RBBM for focus

I'm right there with ya on that one.

Bumping for this poor gentleman. He’s always stuck with me for years, as he was found the day I was born. It’d be wonderful to see him get his name back. From the Deadheads I know personally, a lot traveled in groups back then and were even kind of nomadic. Someone out there knows him. The Grateful Dead did perform in March of 1995 in Atlanta but it’s entirely possible he didn’t attend that particular show, and wasn’t even from the area.
However, GD was on the southeast leg of that particular 1995 tour from March 22nd in Charlottesville, North Carolina and ended April 7th in Tampa, Florida. Other states they toured in that area included Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama. It’s possible he could’ve attended any of those, or none at all, but figured it might be worth looking into, at the very least.

Last edited:
Ok, sounds good. Can you update us?

That's what I thought, I was wrong.
Another one on his own Namus rule-out list, and LE ruled him out years ago because they found a living person with the same first and last name, and same birth year. They just assumed it was the same person on the paper and dropped it.
Pi%%es me off seriously, and they're still not making an effort.
How about adding his full middle name to his Unclaimed page?

Anyhow, no research seems to have been done on his name here or elsewhere since the name was decided pretty early on as not being his.

Feeling :mad: atm about how this young man has been treated since his accident.

What's just as sad, to me, at least, is that even with such a blatant clue to his identity, it appears no one came looking for him in all this time. He's someone's son, possibly sibling, nephew, cousin, neighbor, student, classmate, or coworker. Truly, where's his people? Someone, even a childhood friend?

I've been looking around.
All the Steven/ Stephen/ Steve W... Shelton's I've found are accounted for, as are all Steven/ Stephen/ Steve Shelton's I could find in yearbooks.
And the only SS I could find with that DOB is Steven L Shelton.
I wonder if SWS was using SLS's birthdate for some reason?

I've been looking around.
All the Steven/ Stephen/ Steve W... Shelton's I've found are accounted for, as are all Steven/ Stephen/ Steve Shelton's I could find in yearbooks.
And the only SS I could find with that DOB is Steven L Shelton.
I wonder if SWS was using SLS's birthdate for some reason?
I only was able to find one I couldn't account for from SoCal. Not super confident it's the same person.

This victim, Steven, who was hit by a car -- where were and are his relatives? Did they believe him to be a missing person after 1995? Did they report him missing? Search for him? What was their response to being notified he was this victim?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back