Identified! GA - DeKalb Co., WhtFem 281UFGA, 20-40, metal repair in hip, Sep'93 - Rebecca "Becky" Burke

so, I am working on a hunch that this girl is from Hawaii - possibly a runaway? - as her shirt says "Waikoloa" which is a town in Hawaii. I can't find any missing persons sites though that list anyone missing from Hawaii prior to 1999 - I've checked NAMUS, all the local law enforcement links, Doe, Charley, NCMEC. does anyone have any links/resources for Hawaii missing persons? there HAS to be people missing prior to '99. I just can't find them!

There's a couple of large and popular tourist resort at Waikoloa. It's been on my list of places I want to spend weeks at if I ever win the lottery :D Look at that water: http://www.waikoloabeachresort.com/ I suppose she could be missing from Hawaii but I think it's more likely she vacationed there.

The investigation into Deborah McKneely's disappearance was re-opened in 2013, according to this article:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/investigator-re-open-22-year-old-murder-case/nXm4m/

But I couldn't find that anything came of it.

I think she's a good possibility despite the lack of mention of injuries. One of the articles mentions that her ex-husband had beaten her with a board, so it's entirely possible she had needed surgical treatment that other family members weren't aware of.

updated link: Unidentified Person Case

current ruleouts:
MP1100 Hazel Klug 05/20/1986 Henrico VA
MP974 Patricia Schmidt 06/04/1985 Henrico VA
MP2413 Tiffany Sessions 02/09/1989 Alachua FL
MP8385 Nadine Timm 11/16/1965 Will IL
MP4982 Cynthia Woolard 02/01/1979 Lee FL

Interesting that at least a couple of the exclusions don't have medical hardware mentioned in Namus. So either police are comparing 'just in case' or they did have relevant medical devices but these are not public in Namus.

Dumb question on my part, but it'll improve my sleuthing skills.

What does "frosty hair" means?

Frosty means in French "gelé", but for hair, it doesn't make sense.
I mean, I get "a frosty morning" for "a bitterly cold morning", but I don't get the meaning of "frosty hair" to describe someone.

Polyglot, true. But not getting the meaning of "frosty hair" is a recipe for bad sleuthing in my very humble opinion [/ashamed].

Hope I didn't offend anyone with the obvious question for native speakers, but far from obvious for foreign English speakers.

IMO, Frosted hair looks different than regular blonde bleached hair to ME.
I pulled this from across the internet, 2 sites.

"Both hair frosting and highlight do not involve coloring all the hair in the same hue. These methods are often used to enhance the natural color of the hair or give depth to fading or dull hair color. Frosting is a muted hair coloring method, while highlights are bolder and more noticeable."
Dumb question on my part, but it'll improve my sleuthing skills.

What does "frosty hair" means?

Frosty means in French "gelé", but for hair, it doesn't make sense.
I mean, I get "a frosty morning" for "a bitterly cold morning", but I don't get the meaning of "frosty hair" to describe someone.

Polyglot, true. But not getting the meaning of "frosty hair" is a recipe for bad sleuthing in my very humble opinion [/ashamed].

Hope I didn't offend anyone with the obvious question for native speakers, but far from obvious for foreign English speakers.

"The effect of hair frosting can give an overall salt and pepper look, blending the lighter, bleached strands in with the darker strands."
"often used to enhance natural hair coloring or give dimension and depth to dull hair and/or color-treated hair. Frosting adds a subtle salt and pepper look, blending light and dark hairs. Highlighting also blends light hair with dark but not in the muted way frosting does. Frosting and highlights are designed to blend in with the natural hair color and are easier to maintain than fully colored hair."

I think this might be Daisy Belle Marshall

Charley project

Details of Disappearance

Marshall was last seen at her home in the 200 block of east Tennessee Street in Evansville, Indiana on June 15, 1993. She was living with her ex-husband, Gary W. Head, at the time. They had divorced in January after a three-year marriage, but in April he had moved back in with her.

A photo of Head is posted with this case summary. He stated he fell asleep at 2:00 p.m. and when he woke up half an hour later, Marshall was gone. He said she'd dropped out of sight before and he expected her to return. She has never been heard from again.

Marshall left behind all her belongings, including her purse, her jewelry and her black Corvette, which Head drove after her disappearance. Her adult daughter reported her missing on June 29, after Marshall failed to attend a family Father's Day celebration.

Authorities learned that she quit her job at a local tavern the day before she disappeared. On the day she was last seen, someone delivered a dozen roses to the tavern with a card reading "Daisy." Marshall promised to stop by to pick up the flowers, but she never did.

In early July, a few weeks after Marshall's disappearance was reported, Head left the area abruptly. He resurfaced a few days later in Orlando, Florida.

In 1998, Head was charged with Marshall's murder. Prosecutors stated he was angry over their divorce and the fact that Marshall got most of the couple's assets in the settlement. He allegedly offered a co-worker $30,000 to kill her in the spring of 1993, and discussed different ways he could dispose of her body.

Head was tried for murder in January 1999, but the judge declared a mistrial over evidentiary issues. At Head's second trial in March, there were no witnesses to the alleged murder and no physical evidence.

The defense characterized Marshall as emotionally abusive and Head as a loving husband, and suggested Marshall wasn't even deceased. After six hours of deliberation, the jury acquitted Head of all charges. He remains the prime suspect in his ex-wife's disappearance.

Marshall's body has never been found. Foul play is suspected in her case due to the circumstances involved.

I submitted it

Attachments

• E67E1561-E299-4C96-8087-8AF6E675382F.jpeg
    E67E1561-E299-4C96-8087-8AF6E675382F.jpeg
    11.5 KB · Views: 5
  • C70CAC01-437F-4855-ABC9-871A3AFCCB2C.jpeg
    C70CAC01-437F-4855-ABC9-871A3AFCCB2C.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 4

Attachments

• C4442C35-75BA-4CFD-9AFA-9E2E3218DDAC.jpeg
    C4442C35-75BA-4CFD-9AFA-9E2E3218DDAC.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 2
  • A738EC46-E4FE-4BFE-8794-40F7E21CEAB6.jpeg
    A738EC46-E4FE-4BFE-8794-40F7E21CEAB6.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 5FEAD624-47C7-4354-8397-C9ECD637FE36.jpeg
    5FEAD624-47C7-4354-8397-C9ECD637FE36.jpeg
    11.5 KB · Views: 2
Interesting that at least a couple of the exclusions don't have medical hardware mentioned in Namus. So either police are comparing 'just in case' or they did have relevant medical devices but these are not public in Namus.

Interestingly I read on another forum from a person that works directly with missing persons/UID databases and she said not to ever rule anyone out by height or eye/hair color or even tattoos because of the number of misinformation she’d personally seen listed. So ever since then I’ve kept a more open mind about matching up UIDs with missing persons even if some descriptors don’t match.

Interestingly I read on another forum from a person that works directly with missing persons/UID databases and she said not to ever rule anyone out by height or eye/hair color or even tattoos because of the number of misinformation she’d personally seen listed. So ever since then I’ve kept a more open mind about matching up UIDs with missing persons even if some descriptors don’t match.

Yeah, I can think of cases where there's been a mistake on just about every characteristic. Date missing, race, sex, description, medical hardware, etc. There was one woman (in Texas I think) whose description was wrong about nearly everything because the autopsy was originally done by unqualified person who basically screwed up or guessed about even very basic stuff. It was discovered when they exhumed her for DNA sample and did a second autopsy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BasicallyAnxious
Back