GUILTY GA - Diane McIver, 63, fatally shot, Atlanta, 25 Sept 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diamond Jewelry on auction block as Tex McIver liquidates wife's estate
But nothing seems to slow Claud “Tex” McIver from a swift and efficient liquidation of his wife’s estate. The next phase of that process starts this week with the auction of more than 150 of Diane McIver’s most opulent and expensive personal items.
They include diamond-studded gold earrings valued at between $20,000 to $40,000 (opening bid $10,000),*according to Ahlers and Ogeltree Auction Gallery, which McIver has enlisted to manage the live auction scheduled for this weekend.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/diamond-jewelry-auction-block-tex-mciver-liquidates-wife-estate/

A tennis bracelet and an 18k gold Rolex watch will be among othr items sold.

A tennis bracelet and an 18k gold Rolex watch will be among othr items sold.

RSBM

Gee... wouldn't want to keep anything around to remind him of Diane...
May be thinking prematurely; but it looks like he wanted to be rid of her and her possessions.
He was a big spender, himself !!!

Also marking my spot as I think this was hinky in the extreme !
:moo:

One of many recent articles regarding the estate sale:

Diane McIver Estate Sale Set For Saturday
Amid controversy, auction of items belonging to fatally shot Buckhead businesswoman still on.

http://patch.com/georgia/buckhead/diane-mciver-estate-sale-set-saturday

I can sum up my personal perceptions of the people involved in this case with 2 main thoughts:
1.) PLASTIC
fake; unreal; materialistic; for appearances' sake
2.) CONSPICUOUS CONSUMPTION
expenditure on or consumption of luxuries on a lavish scale in an attempt to enhance one's prestige; a flaunty display of one's income or wealth; again, keeping up appearances

Being an animal lover, I have not purchased any fur coats for more than 30 years, just as I would not purchase anything new made of ivory. The slaughter of beautiful bull elephants solely for their tusks literally makes my cry. And Ms. McIver had a fur coat, one of more than 121 (one hundred twenty-one!) according to the Daily Mail article, with the price tag of $6,800 still on it! Personally, I find this disgusting.

The specific details of the 1990 incident regarding out-of-control Tex using teenagers for target practice was detailed in this excellent article previously posted, a must read in this case IMHO. It also indicates how the story shifts and how Tex lies blatantly.

"Bill Torpy at large: McIver feared crime but he was the menace"
http://www.myajc.com/news/local/bil...me-but-was-the-menace/Xxu3TLq3IOO1QN9ct82uwL/

Tex McIver is a real loose cannon. And this guy is on the American Bar Association's "Advisory Committee" on "Gun Violence" for 2016/2017??? And he is on the state Board of Elections for Georgia??? And he still remains on the Putnam Development Authority???

Bottom line, I do not like these people at all.

Regarding the ownership of TWO properties in Putnam County as someone pointed out, one in an exclusive gated community like the Dermonds, I am still doing research on both to see what info may be gleaned there. In doing so, I found a startling connection between myself and Mr. McIver, who I had never even heard of until this case!
Which brings me to the "six degrees of separation" concept and the coincidental relationships between cases in a particular locale. Some very interesting links between the Dermond, Ivanditti, McIver and other local cases have been uncovered here on WS, but I have seen none yet that indicate that these cases are significantly related. BUT, you never know. That's why I love true crime!

Does anyone know how long Tex had been married to Diane, and if either of them had had prior marriages, and any children by those marriages?

No need to get in a hurry is there? Seems he loves him some cash,Im just waiting, waiting and watching, I wonder if he has any doctor friends, or if he was a hunter? I saw a pic of LI on her fb page hugging Sheriff Sills, tight circles in this small town. I'm sure the D's, LI, McIvers and more rubbed elbows at GW, SO creepy!

Late last night Atlanta news reported this:

"Fulton County DA files motion to halt Diane McIver auction"
http://www.11alive.com/news/fulton-county-da-files-motion-to-stop-diane-mciver-auction/385626288

The much publicized sale is set for tomorrow. This is getting good!

Some of the items up for auction on the link below are so beautiful. Others are tacky, gaudy and ostentatious. But what opulence! JMO

"PHOTOS: Diane McIver estate sale"
http://www.11alive.com/news/photos-diane-mciver-estate-sale/362199393

Fulton County district attorney files motion to prevent Diane McIver auction
Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard on Jan. 12 filed a motion to stop Claud "Tex" McIver from auctioning off his late wife Diane McIver's belongings, according to 11Alive.
Howard's motion, based on Georgia's Slayer law, prevents someone who caused the death of another person to benefit from the proceeds of their estate, trust or life insurance policy. Howard filed a second motion to prevent Tex McIver from using any of his wife's assets to fund his legal defense. If the judge allows the sale to continue, Howard asked that proceeds from it are held until the criminal case is complete.
In a statement, probate attorney Stanley H. Smith Jr., who handled McIver's will, said, "Under no circumstances will Mr. McIver use proceeds of the sale to fund his legal defense or for any matters related to his legal defense."
Smith said the proceeds would go to $350,000 in cash bequests Diane McIver had made. He said her estate did not have enough cash assets to satisfy that amount.
Last month, more than 2,000 of Diane McIver's items were placed on an estate sale with Peachtree Battle Estate Sales and Liquidations.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...county-district-attorney-files-motion-to.html

Apparently the number of McIver fur coats has gone from 121 (one hundred twenty-one!) to 40 to 20 now avaiable.
What happened to the other 100 fur coats? Have these and other items been sold privately already? What happened to that money?

Still stinks to high heaven as it did right from the start... JMO

In an earlier article it was sad that the couple kept their money/finances separately. I guess he wants it all now.

Judge Allows Diane McIver Estate Sale to Proceed

ATLANTA, GA -- The auctioning of Buckhead businesswoman Diane McIver's belongings will proceed this weekend after a Fulton County judge rejected the District Attorney's attempt to stop it.
Prominent Atlanta attorney Claud "Tex" McIver is selling his wife's items to fund his defense after being charged with involuntary manslaughter and reckless conduct in her death.
The sale, which will be handled by Ahlers and Ogletree Auction Gallery on Miami Circle in Buckhead, is set for Saturday and will run through Monday. The auction reportedly features designer purses, fur coats and plenty of diamonds and gold jewelry.
McIver’s attorney, William Hill said the defendant has no intention of profiting from the estate sale.
“Never has that been an issue,” Hill told the AJC. “Mr. McIver has always offered to have proceeds go into a trust.”

http://patch.com/georgia/atlanta/fulton-da-seeks-stop-diane-mciver-estate-sale

Another article indicating that the Diane McIver estate sale will continue through Monday.

Feud erupts over Diane McIver estate

The company Diane McIver led plans to file a legal claim asserting the late businesswoman’s estate owes it nearly $1 million.
The move by U.S. Enterprises - where Diane McIver was president -*could tie up her considerable assets as her husband faces criminal charges in her death.
In a Jan. 3 letter obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, U.S. Enterprises said it had lent $975,000 to a separate company of Diane McIver’s, called DRS Investments.
The letter was sent to Claud “Tex” McIver, who is the executor of late wife’s estate.
“We would appreciate your remittance in the above stated amount to Enterprises,” the letter said.
U.S. Enterprises is the company of Billy Corey, who had hired Diane McIver as a teen and groomed her to eventually become company president. The two were said to be very close.

http://www.ajc.com/news/feud-erupts-over-diane-mciver-estate/hBnYQieFcg7lU7TzhQqljP/

Interesting.

Feud erupts over estate of Atlanta businesswoman 'accidentally' shot by her husband - who owed her money - as now her company says the estate owes it $1million

• Diane McIver's widower, executor of her estate Claud McIver, received a letter from her former company, US Enterprises, asking to repay $975,000 loan
  • Letter claimed Us Enterprises had loaned another company owned by Diane McIver a total of $3million*
  • Mr McIver, 74, is facing charges of involuntary manslaughter and reckless conduct for shooting Diane dead in September*
  • Widower is out on $200,000 with ankle monitor bracelet; he has maintained his innocence, calling the shooting an accident*
  • Earlier, it emerged that McIver borrowed money from Diane's company in 2012
  • McIver, 74, was supposed to repay it by 2014 but received a three year*extension*
  • He recently sold $350,000 of his wife's wardrobe to cover bequests in her will
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4132248/Feud-erupts-estate-woman-shot-husband.html

Another article. Love the DailyMail!!!

Another article. Love the DailyMail!!!

3 MILLION? where did it go? $975K, WHERE DID IT GO? Land in putnam aint that expensive, building very well could be tho, got a lot in GW, and somewhere I saw a picture online of thier atlanta home??

WONDER how much her life insurance was and if it'll pay, quite assuming they had policies as he seems to reeeaaally like money and he was a merger and acquisition atty, playing with those numbers

I think there is a link on here

In an earlier article it was sad that the couple kept their money/finances separately. I guess he wants it all now.

He wanted it then too, now (below )article shows SHE had borrowed tons and Id bet it was one of his endeavors the funds went to, some grand scale, RANCH??? home in ATL? Lot in GW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox