GA GA - Effie Hall, 22, Atlanta, 20 January 1981

Effie M Hall also comes up on ancestry.com just using a search term of a birthdate of 1957 with a son called Michael, without using a date of death.

Probably listed as seperate entries because one uses Euphemia and the other just Effie.

I also find it so bizarre that there is no information out there. You would have thought that her former classmates/room mates would have always wondered about it and perhaps blogged about it or something, but there is just about nothing out there!

This is why I am thinking that perhaps it has been generally accepted that a particular person was responsible, but they were just unable to charge/convict.

Is there any way to contact somebody from LE to ask about this?

Could be worth looking up murders and serial killers from that time/area to see if Effie's murder has any similarities?

Ancestry info:

Effie M Hall
Death Date: 20 Jan 1981
County of Death: Fulton
Race: Black
County of Residence: Fulton
Certificate: 002104
Date Filed: 23 Jan 1981

More info:

Name: Effie Hall
Born: 30 Mar 1958
Last Benefit: 33880 Winter Haven, Polk, Florida, United States of America
Died: Jan 1981
State (Year) SSN issued: Florida (1971)

Good work milky! I think I found her pictured as M Hall at Thomas Jefferson high school in Tampa, FL in 1974. Works with the ss issue date. Fellow mixed chorus classmates are listed, but of course these are not her college classmates.
I am not great at facial recognitions, though, so can anyone else see it?

ETA: I searched the directory and not only is she not listed in any classes, the only m hall at that school was a Michael! From what I can tell, the M Hall listed in image 159 is a young female.

Thank you milkymama and Mrs Tigglesworth! I really was banging my head against a brick wall there for a while. Fantastic work.

I agree, it would be really nice if we were given some of the basic info to run with. I cannot find anything in the papers, either! Hopefully after this new push, they will release a statement or something...

From reading the facebook page, I did get some rumor info to add to the thread...a poster says that Effie worked and that her nickname is Cookie. They did not say where she worked. Oh, and I also read someone post that 2nd street was family. Perhaps she lived on second street?? The admin of the page replied to one question that she lived in off campus apartment (s). Maybe we can get someone on here to help us out :) :)

I was able to pull some previous Florida addresses from ancestry. IDK if those would be helpful since they were several years prior.

They could always be useful for cross-checks, you just never know. We don't know who Effie was living with or anything about her circumstances. It has crossed my mind she might even have been the victim of a mistake, and her killer was looking for someone else who lived in that apartment.

I've just noticed in milkymamas' post above that Effie was murdered on the 20th and her death certificate was filed on the 23rd. That's quick for a homicide, isn't it?

Here's a link to the Cold Case Investigative Research Institute which I thought was looking into Effie's case. I can't see her listed though. Is Bauder College part of Clarke Atlanta University?

http://atlanta.bauder.edu/Pages/Cold_Case_Club.aspx

Here's the fb page for the Director of the institute.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shery...estigative-Research-Institute/142125975802782

I'm not on facebook (blush) but if anyone could post and say we could do with some help here - the students taking that course all do it voluntarily and get no course credits for it. I think they'd feel right at home here and might be able to provide helpful info if they're students at Effie's old university.

Name: Effie M Hall
Birth Date: 30 Mar 1958
Address: 1757 2nd St NE, Winter Haven, FL, 33881-2428

Birth Date: 30 Mar 1958
Address: PO Box 851, Sparr, FL, 32192-0851

This one doesn't have a birth date so I don't know if it is the right Effie.

Address: 711 Trinity Pl, Macon, GA, 31217-4151

I was able to pull some previous Florida addresses from ancestry. IDK if those would be helpful since they were several years prior.

I see those, too, and believe they are the same as her father's listed address. At least if her father is correctly listed in that private ancestry tree. (Not her same last name). I wonder if she came alone to Georgia, or if some family was here with her (besides her son). If they were all living far away, it may have been hard to press the investigation.

the Marion county website does a great job of having tons of viewable files available online.... But nothing on Effie.

ETA: not sure about the Macon one though... Do you know what year that was?

More info:

Name: Effie Hall
Born: 30 Mar 1958
Last Benefit: 33880 Winter Haven, Polk, Florida, United States of America
Died: Jan 1981
State (Year) SSN issued: Florida (1971)

Not sure if this is the correct one --- it also says that this person lived in Winter Haven in the early 90s.

I just joined a Florida newspaper archive while searching for articles on the Huntington Beach Jane Doe. I'll check them again just in case there are any reports abouts Effie - if she And her family were locals, we might get lucky.

I have spent all day searching newspaper archives, paid and non-paid. Using every search term I could think of. I cannot find a single reference there. The only ones I can find are more recent ones on crime websites, which all seem to have the same, uncredited source for their info. I saw a passing reference on one to the police records of the 'rash' of murders of Atlanta women between 1980-1982, but can't find anything on them, either.

I just do not understand why Effie's case does not appear on any cold/case/unsolved/police/msm sites anywhere, and I'm convinced her murder had nothing to do with what I've read of the Atlanta child murders.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back