GA GA - Effie Hall, 22, Atlanta, 20 January 1981

The dates shown for addresses in Ancestry are usually not precise...it has me with several correct addresses but the dates it says I lived there extend a several years beyond the actual times I lived there. Same thing with my grandfather...it says he lives where he used to live when he was still alive but he's been dead 15 years. The death info comes from the social security office so that is reliable. The birthdates all matched so I'm inclined to believe they are the same person although it is possible the addresses are someone else's. Not much information to go by unfortunately.

I've noticed that happening on other search sites - long deceased people listed as still having a profile and being at their old address. I find it a little creepy, especially when you're offered an opportunity to 'connect' with them.

With what you guys have found, does it seem that Effie Hall was the only name Effie was known by, officially? I just find it hard to believe I haven't found a single report in the media about her. I hate to think it was because no-one bothered, but she died the day Ronald Regan was inaugrated and a load of hostages were released from Iran - the papers were all just filled with that.

Being that the Social Security death record has that as her name, that would be the "official" name.

This feature case reminds me of the old saying; "Given nothing, do everything."

There have been a lot of good questions asked, but very little in the way of basic information to go on. As Jack Webb used to say, "Just the facts, M'am."

Here are a few questions that occur to me:

- What was the actual location (address) of the murder?

- Was it a single family type house, a town house, a hotel, an apartment building, a dorm?

- Who had access to that place? How many room mates and previous tennants?

- Any associated persons? Boy friends, relatives, etc with access to the house?

- Did Effie have any enemies?

- When exactly did the murder occur? Was anyone seen in the area then?

- What type of weapon was used? Caliber?

- Were any bullets or spent shell casings found?

- Was there any sign of struggle or fight?

- Anything left behind at the scene by her assailant?

- Was anything taken?

- Had there been any previous trouble or threats, or suspicious activity?

- How did the assailant get access? Forced entry? Key? Allowed in by tenant?

- What kind of security was there?

- What did the police report say?

- Were there any other similar crimes in that time frame?

Hi everyone. My name is Michael and I am Effie’s son.

I just randomly did a Google search for her name and found this thread.

I’m 43 and Effie has a grandson that will be born August/2018.

I’m willing to provide as much information as I can to help solve my mother’s case.

Hi everyone. My name is Michael and I am Effie’s son.

I just randomly did a Google search for her name and found this thread.

I’m 43 and Effie has a grandson that will be born August/2018.

I’m willing to provide as much information as I can to help solve my mother’s case.
Oh wow. Welcome! And congrats on the baby! I love that you are here and sorry it is for such a heartbreaking reason. I can only imagine how hard this has been for you through your life.

I think any info you know would be helpful. The post above by Richard has good questions. Do you know if that was her full name? And have you talked to investigators about her case? Sometimes, they need to know someone is still wanting answers in order to push the case back to the surface. I would think there is tons of stuff they can do now that would yield good leads versus what they did in the 80s. Hers would be a good case to review for them!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bumping for Effie, as we approach the 39th anniversary of her murder

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500