GA GA - Hannah Truelove, 16, Gainesville, 24 August 2012

Quickly glanced at her tweets... wonder if there is any chance she might have been pregnant and if that may have been a motive?

ETA: She also appears to have been upset over a bad relationship that ended.

According to Hannah's father, Jeff Truelove, Hannah was upset with her mother because she wouldn't allow her to have a cell phone. There was no land line phone in the apartment where Hannah lived with her mother and Hannah's mother took her cell phone with her to work.

Hannah's father wanted his daughter to have a cell phone. Hannah's mother told the 911 operator she wouldn't allow her daughter to have a cell phone because "she`s lost all her privileges because of school and stuff." Hannah's tweets say she was left with nothing.

Hannah's mother got home from work around the time her daughter was last seen by witnesses and she called Hannah's father at 9 pm, an hour before she called 911.

Hannah has a dog Jake, but no one said he was sitting outside with Hannah so he must have been inside the apartment?

If Hannah didn't have a cell phone, how did she tweet? On her home computer?

Because of the scratches on Hannah's face, her father suspects a female beat his daughter to death.

Will the scratches on Hannah's face leave DNA evidence?

Some people have taken polygraphs but Hannah's father did not say whether he or Hannah's mother did.

<snipped>

TRUELOVE: Well, before she called 911, she called me about 9:00 o`clock and asked me if I`d had her with me. And I said, Well, no. And she said, Well, she`s not here, and it`s starting to get dark. And I said, Well, she should be there.And that`s why she was sitting on the picnic table, I`m sure, because she thought her mother may be at home any time, you know? She gets home around 7:30 or 8:00. And she didn`t want to see her because she was upset about the telephone. And I really don`t blame her there. You know, she was -- she was a good girl all summer long. Everything, she`s always been a good girl. I don`t see why she couldn`t have a telephone.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE CALLER: That`s why I`m hesitant because that means she`s lost all her privileges because of school and stuff and that`s one of the privileges she lost. That`s why I think she might be up -- she might be up to something.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1209/14/ng.01.html

I watched NG last night and heard the father say that he thought she was beaten up by a girl because of scratches on her face. Is it possible that she was being bullied by a bunch o girls from school? Several persons of interest were questioned by police and police were looking for others to question based on what I read here after her body was found. If she was afraid to take the school bus and missed some school (based on what was said on NG last night), it makes me think she was being bullied. Cops are looking for a white or silver car with front end damage and a driver side door with a different shade of white or silver. Police want to question the driver and passengers. NG stated that the victim may have been seen exiting the vehicle as well. I will try to link the NG story from last night.

Same link as above post: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1209/14/ng.01.html

I can only imagine the mothers guilt at not letting Hannah have the cellphone :(

I hope she doesn't feel guilt about the cellphone. Sierra Lamar had one when she was abducted, didn't help her.

Hannah may have been a handful for her Mom. Sounds like she was trying to withhold a privilege, in order to set some boundaries and rules. Dad was not living in the home, he may not have known all the dynamics. Besides that, teen girls often turn to their Dad, when Mom is being "mean".

Matou, I agree with your line of thought, regarding bullying. But Hannah strikes me as someone who may also have had older friends. Meaning out of high school, just a thought. I'm also wondering if Hannah had any contact with gang members at school? If she were pregnant by someone's boyfriend, I can see that scenario turning violent.

Prayers for Hannah's parents, especially her Mom~
My heart aches for her
icon9.gif

I agree with the father-its could be someone on the bus.I think its a female who was jealous of her-she was a very very pretty young lady!I think we are going to find out it was someone from her own school!!

How very sad-my prayers are with her family

Jeff Truelove did not buy his wife&#8217;s story that their daughter ran away or was with friends &#8211; he said &#8220;she was sitting on the picnic table, I`m sure, because she thought her mother may be at home any time, you know? She gets home around 7:30 or 8:00. And she didn`t want to see her because she was upset because her mother wouldn't allow her to have a cell phone."

Hannah was last seen sitting outside at the picnic table between 7:00-730 pm. when her mother arrived home from work.

Hannah&#8217;s mother told the 911 operator, &#8220;in the past probably week or so, she`s been, you know, taking off and doing this, but I know the area she`s in, so it`s not been a big deal. She`s just getting her privacy and giving us some space.&#8221;

Sounds to me like Hannah ran away into the woods to get away from someone and a fight broke out which resulted in her death. Her father believes she was attacked by another female because of the scratches on her face.

Police haven&#8217;t released the COD and whether a weapon was involved. Her father, when he identified his daughter&#8217;s body, did not see any obvious gunshot or knife wounds and in his opinion, it looked like someone had beat the crap out of her. Whether she was clothed or sexually assaulted has not been released.

Sgt. Stephen Wilbanks, Hall Country Sherriff&#8217;s office told Nancy Grace &#8220;the area where she was last seen, unfortunately, lacks any security video surveillance camera, so we`re missing out on some opportunity for evidentiary footage there. He didn&#8217;t know whether the school bus Hannah rode has a video but assured Nancy the investigators were looking into it.

Hannah&#8217;s father said his daughter didn&#8217;t know anyone with a vehicle and she didn&#8217;t go joy riding with her friends. He said she liked someone who lived in the neighborhood and that was it.

The apartment complex has two gates entrances and Hannah&#8217;s father told Nancy Grace his daughter did not know the code. "You don`t just come in and you don`t just leave."

Jeff Truelove did not have a chance to answer when Nancy Grace asked him if the gates where you enter and exit the community have cameras.

Hannah&#8217;s father does not believe his daughter&#8217;s killer rode the school bus and it was a misquote. He said there was some reason -- and he doesn`t know the reason -- that Hannah did not want to ride that school bus. She didn`t want to go to school, and it was because she didn`t want to get on that bus.

<snipped>

TRUELOVE: Well, first I heard was about 9:00. You know, she said its dark -- it`s getting dark, she`s always in at dark. I said yes, she is always in at dark. And she said I`m worried. I said well, we need to see where she`s at. Find her.

And so next thing I know, she calls me and says I called the law. I said good. And she said I think she`s OK. Don`t worry. She`s run off with a friend or something. And I`m like, no. She does not do that. She`s not that type. She`s as -- you know -- and another thing, she does not know the codes to the gate. She can`t invite somebody in. They would have had to walk in. And it`s a long walk from the gate down to her apartment and so forth.

She kept telling me, I`ll call you when they find her -- when they find her. I`m sure she`s just with somebody, one of her friends.

And that`s not her. That`s not my daughter. She`s not that way. I knew something was wrong.

Hannah was found 24 hours after she was last seen sitting at the picnic table avoiding her mother, and t's possible Hannah was chased by someone and running through the woods before she was grabbed.

Hopefully the crime scene has not been contaminated, which I don&#8217;t believe it was, and LE will find two sets of deep footprints along the path.

If Hannah was grabbed from behind, her top may have a tear in it. Maybe her hair was pulled.

I read up on this case just before taking a break for dinner, and I've been mulling over some things. Not only had HT commented about not wanting to ride the school bus, but also wanting to get out of those apartments. I wonder who got off at the same stop and where the bus stopped to let them off?

I was thinking about this because in high school, there was a girl who lived next door to me and rode my bus. There were a couple of others in the neighborhood who rode the same bus, but after a point their paths homeward diverged from ours. This girl was not well-liked because of her odd personality, so I was pretty much her only friend. She had mentioned to me about seeing a psychologist when she was younger. Well, this girl would take everything out on me and even slugged me in the back a couple of times -- once while passing a line of buses on the way to our bus after school.

Our route home was along some main roads, so any commotion would be visible to motorists. There was an occasion, though, when she wanted me to stop in her apartment, which was just before reaching my house. Since my mom expected me home at a certain time, I was hesitant but she promised it wouldn't take long. She went into her room -- IIRC, she changed her clothes and dallied around so I told her I needed to go. My mother was really angry when I got home and grounded me because I was a few minutes late. She said the phone had rang while waiting for me and the person on the other end hung up when she answered (no caller ID at the time).

Anyway, years later my mom found the funeral announcement for the girl's grandmother in her mailbox (her g'ma died years earlier) and another time my mother found a strange sign taped to a basement window. We also suspected the girl -- or, young woman by then -- of stalking my sister, who live a couple of blocks away.

The point is that my next door neighbor was potentially dangerous. She was mentally unstable and was MUCH bigger than me. So, I wonder if there was someone like that who lived in HT's neighborhood and rode her bus. Possibly, a female as her dad suggested. Someone who may have acted friendly toward HT, but was also terribly jealous of her. My neighbor would make comments suggesting that I had a lot of dates (referencing a "little black book" -- which didn't exist, LOL) and she seemed extremely jealous when a neighborhood boy would side with me when she was mean to me. HT may have felt intimidated by someone like that living in her apartment complex or nearby, but in her anger toward her mother she left herself vulnerable by staying outside on the picnic table.

Just a thought.

Surely LE knows by now if the bus has video or not.
Also, sorry to say, but parents should never say their child doesn't know anyone from this place or other, or doesn't have any older friends, or hang around with people they don't know. It is very often not the case.

Why would Hannah&#8217;s mother call Hannah&#8217;s father by 9 pm if she really believed her daughter was with one of her friends and alright?

An hour later, after she called LE to report her daughter missing, Hannah&#8217;s mother called Hannah&#8217;s father and said Hannah is gone because they were fighting and she would notify him when they find her.

Hannah&#8217;s father told Nancy Grace &#8220;Hannah and her mother lived on the second floor, front apartment, it faced out to, you know, all the other apartments&#8221; and that is where the picnic table is situated. The woods are located behind the complex.

Jeff Truelove told Nancy Grace he was teaching his daughter to drive so it&#8217;s possible she didn&#8217;t want to ride the school bus anymore because she wanted her father to buy her a car after she passed her driver&#8217;s test. If a student was being bullied on the school bus, the bus driver has to report the incident and stop it don&#8217;t they?

According to Hannah&#8217;s father, Hannah&#8217;s mother arrived home from work around the time Hannah was last seen sitting at the picnic table so how can Hannah&#8217;s mother be sure &#8220;she&#8217;s just with somebody, one of her friends&#8221; when it was a school night and she didn&#8217;t have a cell phone so she could call and tell her where she was and when she would be home?

Hannah&#8217;s mother told the 911 operator, &#8220;I did not see her this morning. I only talked to her, like, through the door&#8221; the day Hannah was murdered and if Hannah had a cell phone with her the night she was killed, it could have saved her life. So why wouldn't Hannah's mother allow her father to buy it for her? Was she jealous of her daughter&#8217;s relationship with her father?

Mr. Truelove didn&#8217;t say if his ex-wife knew his daughter was being stalked weeks before she was killed but because Hannah was legally a child and still living with her mother, it was her mother&#8217;s responsibility to take care of her and protect her from harm but they weren&#8217;t communicating and they were miles apart.

Hannah&#8217;s mother told her ex-husband she would call him when &#8220;they find her&#8221;, and it sounds to me like she knows exactly where her daughter is and she was merely waiting for someone to find her lying in the woods.

Hopefully Hannah fought her attacker and LE recovered physical evidence at the crime scene which belongs to her killer such as their hair, blood, footprints or broken fingernails. I believe the grandfather who found Hannah's remains was the first person to walk the trail so I don&#8217;t think the crime scene was contaminated; so I believe the crime scene photos, physical evidence found at the crime scene and autopsy report, which will not be released pending the investigation, will lead LE to the killer.

They are keeping a lot of information close to the chest. I believe LE knows more than the public does and they already have a suspect or suspects lined up. They are waiting for them to slip up. I expect arrests very soon in this case.

Sent From The Mad Hatter's Limited Edition Tea Cup Android Using The Red Queen's Wi-Fi

Hannah loved animals and wanted to become a veterinarian. She had 2 cats and a dog named Jake.

Mr. Truelove told Nancy Grace he was upset because LE didn&#8217;t search the area around the complex with a dog but Mrs.T didn&#8217;t tell the 911 operator or her husband her daughter was being stalked and wanted to move out of the complex so LE had no reason to suspect foul play early on in the investigation.

Did Hannah&#8217;s mother know about the tweets and withhold this information? Mr.T told
Ms. Grace his daughter did not show signs of being frightened when he took her on a shopping trip last week but she likely felt safe and secure when she was with her father. Hannah was their only child so Hannah was likely daddy&#8217;s little girl whom he loves with all his heart.

Mr.T thinks LE should have searched around the complex with a dog right after her mother reported her missing so it looks like LE waited until Hannah&#8217;s parents didn&#8217;t hear from their daughter during the night to begin their search. Investigators searched the dumpsters at the complex where Hannah was murdered on Friday, but of course they came up empty-handed.

Ellie Jostad told Nancy Grace when asked why Hannah wanted to move out of the apartment complex and didn&#8217;t want to ride the school bus that &#8220;We don`t have any answers to those, But Nancy, it`s important -- the sheriff`s department says they do not want to solely focus on that angle. It`s, of course, something that they`re looking into.&#8221;

&#8220;But you know -- and I should point out, too, these tweets are broken up with sort of mundane things that teenagers tweet about. It`s not something that she was solely tweeting, you know, I`m scared, someone`s after me. They say they are looking into this, but they don`t know if she was using that term casually the way a teenager might, or the way we would use it on the show, the way lawyers that know about stalking laws would use that term.&#8221;

The tenants&#8217; cars are parked at the front of the apartment complex and neighbors at the apartments saw Hannah sitting at the picnic tables around 4 pm Thursday, which would have been after HT arrived home from school. Others said she was there as late as 7:30 pm. If Hannah was sitting at the picnic table around 7:30 pm, she would have seen her mother arrive home, yet Mrs. T didn&#8217;t tell her husband she saw Hannah and she ran away. Mrs. T told the 911 operator she didn&#8217;t see her daughter that day, she only talked to her through the door before she left for work at 7 am but is she telling the truth? Neighbors must have seen Mrs. T arrive home from work or at least noticed when she parked in front of the apartments Thursday evening. Maybe Hannah took off when she saw her mother&#8217;s car coming and her mother never saw her? Her father said she wouldn&#8217;t run away just because she was upset with her mother.

After Mrs.T notified Mr.T, he was very concerned that something was going on, so from that point on he called back every hour or so, and his wife blew him off. &#8220;She kept telling me, I`ll call you when they find her -- when they find her. I`m sure she`s just with somebody, one of her friends, don&#8217;t worry.&#8221; Why wouldn&#8217;t Mrs. T say to her husband, &#8220;I&#8217;ll call you when she comes home&#8221; or &#8220;I&#8217;ll call you when I hear from her?&#8221;

If Hannah was afraid to live at the complex, why wouldn&#8217;t she have her dog Jake outside with her for protection? It doesn&#8217;t make sense that she would leave her beloved dog inside the apartment and go sit outside alone. I think if Jake had been let outside late Thursday evening, he might have picked up her scent and located her in the woods; so maybe Mrs. T kept Jake tied up outside or inside the apartment until Hannah&#8217;s body was found?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ret-taking-tweets-stalker-seriously-dead.html

Mr. T said he didn’t know if people have taken polygraphs so I doubt Mr & Mrs. T have.

If someone had observed Hannah at the complex for awhile, they would know which apartment was hers and what time her mother arrived home from work. Hannah arrived home from school around 4 pm so she was alone for 3 ½ hours.

If someone on the school bus was stalking Hannah, you’d think they would follow her home and attack her during this window of opportunity; before her mother came home at 7:30 pm.

Police found no signs of a struggle inside or outside the apartment or at the picnic tables and since witnesses claim they saw Hannah sitting outside at 4:30 pm and 7:30 pm, my opinion is the crime occurred after the mother arrived home, between the hours of 7:30-9 pm before dark.

Mrs. T told the 911 operator her and Hannah had been arguing/fighting for the past week. Nancy Grace said Mr. T would know if there had been a gunshot wound, a stabbing or strangulation and he said there was none. It looked like she got the crap beat out of her, possibly by another girl, because she had a lot of scratches on her face.

According to Mr. T, Hannah was sitting outside because she didn’t want to see her mother because she was mad at her for not allowing her to have a cell phone every other child has.

Hannah had scratch marks on her face so it doesn’t look like she fought back or defended herself while she was being attacked so she may not have left any visible marks on her attacker’s body which could be why no no one noticed any cuts or scratches on her killer. I doubt many children fight back when they are being hit by one of their parents. When I was 16 years of age, I would not hit my mother or scream at her if she slapped me in the face. Mrs. T was mean to her daughter and was a disciplinarian who punished her daughter and treated her unfairly. Mrs. T seemed very composed and not really afraid or anxious about her daughter when she called her husband and LE.

Unidentified female caller: That`s why I`m hesitant because that means she`s lost all her privileges because of school and stuff and that`s one of the privileges she lost. That`s why I think she might be up to something.” OTOH, Mr. T said, “You know, she was a good girl all summer long. Everything, she`s always been a good girl “. He didn’t understand why she couldn’t have a cell phone.

IMO, Mrs. T was mean to her daughter and it sounds like the conflict between them was getting worse around the time Hannah was killed.

Police wouldn't say whether Hannah was sexually assaulted but based on what the grandfather who found Hannah’s body and her father said, she wasn’t. Normally young girls are stalked because the predator wants sex so if she wasn’t sexually assaulted and raped, the chances Hannah’s killer was a male sexual predator are very slim and sex was not the motive in this case.

Mrs. T told her husband she knows Hannah ran away because she was upset with her so I suspect after Hannah’s mother came home and Hannah saw her, she took off into the woods and was chased. Hannah could easily run ¼ of a mile and the depth of her footprints along the trail will show if Hannah and the killer were running or walking and where the killer entered the woods. I believe Hannah was dead when her mother contacted her father at 9 pm and LE at 10 pm.

If Mrs. T wasn’t involved in her daughter’s disappearance and she believe Hannah was out late with friends, I think Mrs. T would have waited until midnight or so to call her father and LE but by 9 pm Mrs. T called her husband and told him their daughter ran away because she was upset with her which is true according to her father.

Ninette Sosa told NG the picnic table is behind the apartment complex where the woods are. If someone at the complex approached Hannah at the picnic table and chased her into the woods, how could Mrs. T know for sure that her daughter had run away if she didn’t see or know what happened?

When Mrs. T told her husband Hannah ran away she didn’t mean Hannah intentionally left home to stay with friends because of the conflict between her and her mother.

AFAIK, no witnesses saw Hannah leave the picnic table and there are no cameras outside on the grounds.

<snipped>

TRUELOVE: Well, before she called 911, she called me about 9:00 o`clock and asked me if I`d had her with me. And I said, Well, no. And she said, Well, she`s not here, and it`s starting to get dark. And I said, Well, she should be there.

And she just hung up the phone and called me back later and said -- well, she called me back about 10:15, said that she had called the law and that she`s sure she has run away. And I said, Well, why would she run away? She goes, She`s upset with me.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: No, sir, not after dark or anything, no, she`s not. (INAUDIBLE) in the past probably week or so, she`s been, you know, taking off and doing this, but I know the area she`s in, so it`s not been a big deal. She`s just getting her privacy and giving us some space.

I've been going through articles again, but can't find answers to my questions. Didn't it say somewhere that Hannah didn't have a key to the apartment; that she had to wait until her mother got home. I know there's speculation that she didn't want to go inside because she was mad at her mother for taking away privileges, but my understanding is that was her mother's thinking when Hannah didn't go inside AFTER he mother got home.

So, if it's true that Hannah didn't have a key to the apartment, then where were her schoolbooks? If she'd been sitting at the picnic table since getting home from school, she must've had her schoolbooks -- and maybe purse -- with her. Were they later found at the picnic table?

Also, I cannot find a definite time her mother got home from work on Aug. 24. I think it is HT's dad, JT, who says that her mother normally returned home between 7:30 - 8:00 p.m. and her mother started getting concerned about Hannah around 9:00.

TIA

Why wouldn't a 16 yr old know the code to the gates in her gated complex? Did her mother keep them a secret from her? And why wouldn't a 16 yr old have her own apt. key? And why didn't she have a cell?

Why wouldn't a 16 yr old know the code to the gates in her gated complex? Did her mother keep them a secret from her? And why wouldn't a 16 yr old have her own apt. key? And why didn't she have a cell?

I think dad saying she didn't know the code is just silly. Does the school bus drive through the complex picking up kids and letting them off? Or, does the bus stop at the gate outside of the complex. Besides, isn't the code the same for everyone? If so, she could have asked anyone what it was! If not, all one would have to do is wait for a car to leave or arrive and simply walk through the gate!

I think dad saying she didn't know the code is just silly. Does the school bus drive through the complex picking up kids and letting them off? Or, does the bus stop at the gate outside of the complex. Besides, isn't the code the same for everyone? If so, she could have asked anyone what it was! If not, all one would have to do is wait for a car to leave or arrive and simply walk through the gate!

I would think EVERY teen in the complex knew the code!
As well as all pizza delivery guys etc...!
jmo

I think a lot of that info did come from Dad. He seemed to be placing a lot of the blame on Mom. I understand him wanting to blame someone because he's heartbroken his daughter is dead, and because he felt so helpless to protect Hannah. I hope Hannah's killer is found and apprehended soon so both parents can begin to have some peace.

to me the way mom sounded whenever she told the dad HT probably was just with friends. she'd call him when they found her. the mom was trying to convince herself that's all it was...sadly it wasn't but i wouldn't be too hard on mom in this case.

My understanding was that Hannah was denied a phone due to issues of skipping school, that sort of thing, is that not correct? If so, it is not that bizarre a punishment, I guess. I also do not believe she would not have a house key or the code for the gate. Has this been verified? Or just Dad saying this about the code, when he might not know for sure?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back