GA - Jaxon Taylor, 11 mos, dies in hot car, Chickamauga, 5 Sept 2015

Then there's the story of the dad whose motion sensors were dinging his key thing and he never checked...

I think the car manufacturers can definitely afford to do it, but should we really saddle them with millions and millions in litigation? Because, parents like that dad could have sued. (And we all know in America many would.) If something doesn't go right and it malfunctions, they will get sued. But here's the thing...I don't want this country to start punishing car manufacturers for a parent's ineptness and negligence to remember their own child. I don't think anyone else needs to be held responsible.

BBM

I don't want any technology manufacturers to be punished for a parent's negligence to remember their child.

Good grief - what's wrong with these parents/caregivers who can't seem to remember that they're caring for a helpless child?????

But if technology can help to save a child from a horrific death due to the narcissistic preoccupations of their parents/caregivers, then I'm all for it - as long as it works.

IMO, if a person is too busy with their job/life/whatever, then that person should NOT have children. If your job is SO important that you're incapable of paying attention to a helpless child, then make the responsible choice of NOT having children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back